My Grow

And a few pics of all 3.
14-453.JPG
14-454.JPG
14-455.JPG
14-456.JPG

Wow!! The girls look great!!! Looks like they have lots of room and airflow around them too.
Thanks. Not as much room as you think. There's actually 3 other plants in flower from another journal that sit in front of the 3 in the pics. Still a decent amount of air flow as I use 2-12" Oscillating fans & I have intake & Exhaust air too. I'll update the other journal tomorrow.

I took a couple of pics of my OG Kush when I watered this morning. I'm wondering if it's a Phosphorus Deficiency or maybe because the light's too close. It's only on 1 Cola & all at the very top. First time this has happened to me. I see this in a lot of other growers pics too, but usually much worse. My plants usually stay pretty green all the way to harvest. Now that this has happened to me I need to know what it is & how to fix it. Any suggestions ?
14-457.JPG
14-458.JPG
14-459.JPG
14-460.JPG

My light is at 100% at about 12" above the plant. I'm feeding the Max MC recommends (6 gr. MC, 3 ml. Cal-Mag & 2 ml. of Silica). Does anyone here feed MC past the 6 gr. per gal. ?

I took a couple of pics of my OG Kush when I watered this morning. I'm wondering if it's a Phosphorus Deficiency or maybe because the light's too close. It's only on 1 Cola & all at the very top. First time this has happened to me. I see this in a lot of other growers pics too, but usually much worse. My plants usually stay pretty green all the way to harvest. Now that this has happened to me I need to know what it is & how to fix it. Any suggestions ?
14-457.JPG
14-458.JPG
14-459.JPG
14-460.JPG

My light is at 100% at about 12" above the plant. I'm feeding the Max MC recommends (6 gr. MC, 3 ml. Cal-Mag & 2 ml. of Silica). Does anyone here feed MC past the 6 gr. per gal. ?
Hey Buds Growings :ciao: has a good point.
I mix silica with just water to prevent this issue.
This might help.

Screenshot_20220601-054934_Gallery.jpg

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

14-457.JPG
14-458.JPG
14-459.JPG
14-460.JPG

Isnt MC is 9-6-17? And isn't the max MC rexommendation ~5-6grams/gallon?

Thats way over 250ppm of Potassium, AND plus the silica, if it happens to be Potassium silica.

I'd guess something(prob K) is locking out other element(s) and the longest Cola closest to light shows the stress as Potassium easily locks out other cations such as Calcium and Magnesium. When Calcium being on short plant struggles to transpire and regulate the plant temperature.

Hey Buds Growings :ciao: has a good point.
I mix silica with just water to prevent this issue.
This might help.

Screenshot_20220601-054934_Gallery.jpg

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Yeah, that's the order I mix unless I add Nitrogen too. Then the "N" goes in 3rd. I'm at the 1/2 way done point in Flower so I really doubt I need to keep adding Si. I was already thinking about dropping it from the mix anyway for the rest of this grow. I'll give that a shot. Thanks @Bill285, @Growings !

Isnt MC is 9-6-17? And isn't the max MC rexommendation ~5-6grams/gallon?

Thats way over 250ppm of Potassium, AND plus the silica, if it happens to be Potassium silica.

I'd guess something(prob K) is locking out other element(s) and the longest Cola closest to light shows the stress as Potassium easily locks out other cations such as Calcium and Magnesium. When Calcium being on short plant struggles to transpire and regulate the plant temperature.
Yes those are the NPK numbers & the bag says 6 gr. is the max. I'm using "Alchemist Stout Monosilicic Acid (Si)".
From what I understand MC is lacking in this type of Si. I think I'm going to do a flush on all 3 plants this weekend & give a Fresh Feed of 5.5 gr. MC with just Cal-Mag added. All the leaves have a bit of a curl down & rounded look to them on all 3 so it's probably the right thing to do. What's your thoughts on doing this ?

Yes those are the NPK numbers & the bag says 6 gr. is the max. I'm using "Alchemist Stout Monosilicic Acid (Si)".
From what I understand MC is lacking in this type of Si. I think I'm going to do a flush on all 3 plants this weekend & give a Fresh Feed of 5.5 gr. MC with just Cal-Mag added. All the leaves have a bit of a curl down & rounded look to them on all 3 so it's probably the right thing to do. What's your thoughts on doing this ?
Well before the flushing 1st I'd try to fix the environment. Rise or dim the light, or rise RH to stabilize your VPD.
If no improvement then check your runoff ppm & ph. Earlier you said about 800-900ppm goes in. What comes out and what ph? If the runoff ppm is high and pH is on the lower side, I guess excess K could accumlate in rootzone.

And Si should never hurt if you just mix it first and stir it well enough to make sure it doesn't interfere with other anions.

But about the MC and amount of Potassium.. Well I guess I learned it myself through the hard way.
I read some study where leaf tissue sample were taken by using different ratios/formulas, and almost with every different ratio, the % of Calcium and Potassium in the tissue was almost the same. Therefore more than ~150-180ppm is rarely needed.

All these mad high N:K ratios IMHO does not apply on cannabis. Prob yes with tomatoes. Potassium does not directly impact on the size or weight of the flowers.
High amounts of K can and will just create whole lot odd symptoms.

Well before the flushing 1st I'd try to fix the environment. Rise or dim the light, or rise RH to stabilize your VPD.
If no improvement then check your runoff ppm & ph. Earlier you said about 800-900ppm goes in. What comes out and what ph? If the runoff ppm is high and pH is on the lower side, I guess excess K could accumlate in rootzone.

And Si should never hurt if you just mix it first and stir it well enough to make sure it doesn't interfere with other anions.

But about the MC and amount of Potassium.. Well I guess I learned it myself through the hard way.
I read some study where leaf tissue sample were taken by using different ratios/formulas, and almost with every different ratio, the % of Calcium and Potassium in the tissue was almost the same. Therefore more than ~150-180ppm is rarely needed.

All these mad high N:K ratios IMHO does not apply on cannabis. Prob yes with tomatoes. Potassium does not directly impact on the size or weight of the flowers.
High amounts of K can and will just create whole lot odd symptoms.
I've always heard Run Off pH in Soil means nothing. If it were a Coco grow it would matter. I quit checking run off years ago. I'm sensing a lock out of some kind & a need for a reset to get things back on track. I'll be starting week 6 of flower in a few days so it's probably the perfect time for a flush. I haven't flushed at all since starting this grow so I'm thinking the soil pH could be off from salt build ups. I'm just guessing of course as I never really studied all that stuff some of you guys know about. I'm more of a "Just Grow It" & "F" the science behind it type of guy. Here lately I've been paying a little more attention to it though. Problem is, one science guy says one thing & the next science guy contradicts everything the other guy said. Who do you believe ? Leaves you right back at square one.

I've always heard Run Off pH in Soil means nothing. If it were a Coco grow it would matter. I quit checking run off years ago. I'm sensing a lock out of some kind & a need for a reset to get things back on track. I'll be starting week 6 of flower in a few days so it's probably the perfect time for a flush. I haven't flushed at all since starting this grow so I'm thinking the soil pH could be off from salt build ups. I'm just guessing of course as I never really studied all that stuff some of you guys know about. I'm more of a "Just Grow It" & "F" the science behind it type of guy. Here lately I've been paying a little more attention to it though. Problem is, one science guy says one thing & the next science guy contradicts everything the other guy said. Who do you believe ? Leaves you right back at square one.
A lot of science is not conclusive, just current thinking
Not so long ago doctors were performing lobotomy for delirium and we drowned witches if they were innocent
Only thing you can rely on 100% is experience
I have a healthy constitution of disdain for a lot of the grow-tech stuff, it's just a plant to me

Oh you were using soil. But yeah soil works as a buffer and regulator for what the plant takes up. It still doesn't mean the excess salts couldn't build up in medium.
And flushing soil isn't effective as flushing any other inert/soiless medium.

Problem is, one science guy says one thing & the next science guy contradicts everything the other guy said. Who do you believe ? Leaves you right back at square one.
Ikr this could be very frustrating. :lot-o-toke:
It's more like gathering valuable info from the different sources, apply the knowledge on yours and see what works best for you.
I guess theres nowhere 100% exact science about what should work or be the best way.

…Or as you said, F*** the science, and just go with the flow. It's a weed plant it does anything to grow and survive. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And these were just my two cents. Not saying this either would be the 100% exact science. For me it just makes sense and my plants seem to be way happier with 1/2 dose of Potassium what I used before. But again there is hundreds of other factors which have an influence.

I was just checking & it looks like I flipped these girls to 12/12 on 4-24-22. So that makes them 41 days into flower now.
That means week 6 is pretty much over. I must have lost track somewhere because I thought I was just starting week 6.
So starting week 7... whoo hoo.... getting closer. Another 2-3 weeks & I should be harvesting. Guess I'll go buy 36 more qt. canning jars tomorrow so I have them on hand. Funny how once it became legal to grow here that the jars went up $3 per case. Jar companies caught on fast.
Anyway, let's get to the plants. They are really starting to put on the weight now so I'm guessing I'm getting close to the end. I'm really liking the way the White Widow is looking right now. She's the biggest of the 3. All 3 of them have a bit of yellowing at the bottoms. No big deal this late in the game. Here's some pics.

WHITE WIDOW
14-461   6-3-22.JPG
14-462   6-3-22.JPG
14-463   6-3-22.JPG
14-464   6-3-22.JPG
14-465   6-3-22.JPG
14-466   6-3-22.JPG

Here is the OG Kush with the leaf issue. I quit adding Silica when I fed today. I really doubt that's the issue though. But I still don't think it's needed anymore. I'm still leaning toward this being a "P or K" def. She's almost done, so not going to worry too much about it. I'm pretty sure she'll be the first one done. Here's some pics.

OG KUSH
14-467   6-3-22.JPG
14-468   6-3-22.JPG
14-469   6-3-22.JPG
14-470   6-3-22.JPG
14-471   6-3-22.JPG
14-472   6-3-22.JPG
14-473   6-3-22.JPG

Looking great Buds. Instead of more canning jars you should get some Grove bags. No more burping and keeps in more terpenes.

Back
Top Bottom