My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

I thought that part was the bract..... :hmmmm:

Hope it forms right without protection for you.

I don't know now I thought a Calyx referred to the pod? I have had seeds pop out before, as long as is maintains connection to the stalk it should be OK. The benefit is I get to see when it is ready and pull the plant then :cheesygrinsmiley:

doh i thought it was the calyx and i thought calyx is the pod also
i thought it was cause of the pistils sticking out up top
so it actually popped out then? the seed?

Sweet looking plants Buckshot. Clone a auto that should be intresting. If she's a longer time plant might work. Or else you might end up with mini buds on a stick. Girls are looking great Keepem Green

doh i thought it was the calyx and i thought calyx is the pod also
i thought it was cause of the pistils sticking out up top
so it actually popped out then? the seed?

It is. I was wrong in thinking the stipule (bract) was the main part of the pod. The whole thing is a pistillate calyx, the hairs are pistils, and the bracts are kind of like weird green leaves that look like they open up when the main body (calyx) forms and stay under the sides of the pod after it gets bigger.

Thanks folks and Chimp :cheesygrinsmiley:

The thing that is weird to me is the 3 pistils coming from the top of the seed, I thought they came in pairs only

So did I. One gets pollinated and forms a chromosome bond to make the seed fertile, and the other gets pollinated and somehow produces food within the seed for the embryo (?) to feed on until it can feed itself as a seedling. It feed from the nutes in the cotylendons until the roots start working if I remember right. It would be cool since you know now that it has 3 pistils to see if it later becomes of of those 2 headed or twin plants due to this.

DSC_5825_seed.jpg

:trance:

Spaceballs!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

nutrients

I was just looking at OMM's baby girls. Man they are healthy. If you are reading OMM please post what you do here too. I know everyones plants look great :cheesygrinsmiley: ... but... OMM's method is simple, easy and seems to work on all strains. I like simple and I f up often so simple is better for me. I am now using The Doggett and Simpsons Growology system Doggett & Simpson - Home.

Bag #1

Step 1 is for seedlings and cuts and is humates and a mycorrhiza.

This bag is awesome, I have used it and the little ladies LOVE it, need I say more? Yes

How I use it. I prepare as suggested. I have soaked my rooters in it and fed the cuts and seedlings with it.

Bag #2

:hmmmm: When I opened the bag I was taken back by the similarity of this product to a well known commercial product. So I contacted Doggett and Simpson (real folks who respond to you!!!!) I was assured that the formula was different and has less salts. I have asked for comparison information from them, waiting. Meantime I decided to use it.

The girls are loving it, of course.

I use it 1/4 to 1/2 strength of the suggested amount per gallon. 1/4 for the first couple feeds. I am doing this because I use LED. I do not know how this will work with HID.

Bag #3

I started to use this on two flowering girls about 1/2 strength. It is too soon to tell

I also have to get through a full run 1, 2 and three to see how the plants do

I am resisting adding anything right now but I may give a cal/mg boost in future runs.

More when I know more

of the second set of seeds I only have one that is showing action

A TT #1 :cheesygrinsmiley:

I used d&g 1 for a few seedlings in soil ill get to see what the roots look like later
im gonna use the step 2 and 3 later may even try it for hydro
actually that's what I might try it on first for step 2 and 3 I don't know yet im still up in the air trying to decide what im doing

I used d&g 1 for a few seedlings in soil ill get to see what the roots look like later
im gonna use the step 2 and 3 later may even try it for hydro
actually that's what I might try it on first for step 2 and 3 I don't know yet im still up in the air trying to decide what im doing

:cheesygrinsmiley: I never know what I am doing, I just wing it :cheesygrinsmiley:

:cheesygrinsmiley: I never know what I am doing, I just wing it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Buckshot,

Well - I've read all 257 pages because I was attracted to your intuitive experimental approach - learned a huge amount, and thoroughly enjoyed it! I've also, in a way, gotten to 'know' you - following the moves and ups and downs in your grow and your life has been quite a ride. (Hope Cosmo continues to improve) (Hope you get inspired to tell more stories). And through it all you've always got something luscious ripening, and those exceptional photos. My hat's off to you!

Seems like it's time to drop in and say hi and thanks. Also should say hi to OMM, CHH, PC, Doc Bud, Curso, Icemud, BID, etc. etc. A great bunch of people and a great site.

Always been interested in growing - bought 100 acres in Orland in 1969, thinking I'd grow an acre and be rich. Heh. But I've been kind of a hermit, and all this new stuff is amazing.

p.s. after I registered as slowgro I noticed that someone has the name slogro. Anyone think I should start over with a different name?

Back
Top Bottom