New ViparSpectra Lights Powering Self Watered SIP Run

STORMY FRIDAY HOTSPOT UPDATE

WOOHOO! Mother Nature is having a time out there this afternoon! Huge electrical storm zipping through! Been real nice until then. Net and cable's out and it's looking like dusk outside @3pm! Pretty cool!

These indie ladies are well today. I noticed how thin their main stalks are. I'd guess two of them are less than 3/4 inch. I don't know about that? Weird! These are Black Poison Skunk and Sky Muffin. The other two are larger and not exceptional that way. I woulda thunk the Northern Stank could get a huge stalk but only an inch around. Go figure.

The @ViparSpectra fireball in the sky (no name intended) got maxed out today! Zipped it! I left the hanger on for safety. There's 6 inches to the budz. We're going to make it!

Now the main event! Otters Dream

Black Poisonberry

Sky Muffin

Northern Stank
The
Not maxed yet! If you need another inch and a half, it’s very simple to use four metal shower curtain hooks, one in each hole that holds the clip. Remove clip. Insert shower rings. Clip directly to bar. I do it all the time!

I've only cried once from wind damage. Now I make sure everything is buckled up. Haha. That shit is heartbreaking. Like nature ripping your unripened headache inducing weed instead of a neighbor.
Fingers crossed she chills some and heads somewhere else .

What is going on in this thread? Heathens. Nothing but heathens I say.
Thank you ❤️ !
Not maxed yet! If you need another inch and a half, it’s very simple to use four metal shower curtain hooks, one in each hole that holds the clip. Remove clip. Insert shower rings. Clip directly to bar. I do it all the time!
Oooh that's a good one Jon! Not going to need :rolleyes: it but I love to have another tool for the box!
I've only cried once from wind damage. Now I make sure everything is buckled up. Haha. That shit is heartbreaking. Like nature ripping your unripened headache inducing weed instead of a neighbor.
Fingers crossed she chills some and heads somewhere else .
The computer mapping bring this one's major impact many miles out to sea for the most part so I'm pretty sure it's all good. Being prepared is the thing!

Looking at IKLWA, she stretched like crazy! I may have set the wrap fencing up a week early! What long arms she has! Long and full! :thumb: I'm also tossing the thought of tying some up into the main.

Highya SO,

The report I saw was a heads up, that's all. Not alarming yet!
tying some up into the main.
That's the way I do. then I put three stakes to anchor guy lines to that group of tied branches. I lost two last year about this time of Sept, when 2 different hurricanes/windstorms came through. Always tricky!! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

That's the way I do. then I put three stakes to anchor guy lines to that group of tied branches. I lost two last year about this time of Sept, when 2 different hurricanes/windstorms came through. Always tricky!! Happy Smokin'
Thats my worry, losing them to wind. I am afraid they will snap at the branches, and I have them tied and staked.

Highya SO,

That's a good method! It reminds me of family camping and I have memories of that when I'm staking them.
Thats my worry, losing them to wind. I am afraid they will snap at the branches, and I have them tied and staked.
It is! That's outdoor growing and we're out of control for some of it. I have to be ok with that. I will fight for their life every opportunity though!

I hope the 🌪️ don't get you guys , I am a long ways away SO all i can do is hope for ya. :420::volcano-smiley:
Appreciate it!
I find tying to the main helps. Also netting where if one branch blows it pulls on a whole lot of other branches. Like the whole tree moves together in the wind
I just looked out the window and she taking a real lean towards the sun's arc! I'm heading out to figure it out.

Highya SO, guys,

I lose some every year! I've already lost 4 (two to severe wind storms, 2 males where I wanted females). Disheartening, but I always have enough to go to next year (and more). I'll keep trying every year, though! Happy Smokin'

Thanks keith! I can't stop gazing at her! Good thing I went to check after the storm! The dehummer and the ac went out on a tripped gfci. RH was stupid down there! Reset and all getting good!

Sounds good! I usually use the room we call office now the kids are out. I like having a place and having the tools to do it without problems. Stinks up the house though and that makes my wife a little off. She understands and is good but is tolerating me. You know? I like your basement opportunity a lot! Get that place in the rh zone and you're golden!
I have the perfect place in my basement. Temperature stays around 71-73 degrees and the humidity stays at a constant 64%. I was going to ask my A.C. guy to use his humidity controlled wine shed but I don’t need it. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the tip. CL🍀.

Highya SO, guys,

I lose some every year! I've already lost 4 (two to severe wind storms, 2 males where I wanted females). Disheartening, but I always have enough to go to next year (and more). I'll keep trying every year, though! Happy Smokin'
That's a good altitude Bode! We get knocked down, but we get up again!
That's such a lush jungle of flowers it makes it a real treat to visit! Glad to hear the only damage was a slight lean on one tree. :thumb:

I was just mentioning to Fudo that I pulled 11.6oz of Trainwreck off a 3/4" trunk, so no worries for ya on that!
Thanks! I saw and thought to post that for him and others too.
I have the perfect place in my basement. Temperature stays around 71-73 degrees and the humidity stays at a constant 64%. I was going to ask my A.C. guy to use his humidity controlled wine shed but I don’t need it. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's the place! Soup to nuts right there!

MONDAY FUNDAY 24 DAY FROM FLIP UPDATE

Hi all, what a day! They stay happy and building bud. I'm shooting 4 ml of cal/mag down their tube each morning, 8ml for Northern Stank, and nothing more. Did I mention building bud? :yahoo: Northern Stank is going nutz! She's doing that sway in the breeze we like to see! I wish we could share a jay and take the home tour!

They love tent life under these soon to be named, best lights I've run in my tents, from @ViparSpectra ! Full bore 100% now making bud corner to corner!

I want to mention EarthBox for these self watered units too! Absolutely carefree since day one! Not a drop of water anywhere it doesn't belong! I love that! This is so close to "set it and forget it" it's crazy!

Smells are starting. Sniiiiiiff'n on otters Dream will give me the sweetest berry ish scent. Nothing heavy. The rest are bashful yet.

Here's Otters Dream

And Sky Muffin

We have Black Poisonberry still a ring o colas. She's a cool plant!

And last is Northern Stank. She's just ridiculous as my pal Boo would say! So much going on on her! The plant, not Boo, well I'm sure Boo has plenty going on but you know.

My pollen chucking appears to have been successful! This pic shows the top bud pollinated (brown crinkled pistols) and bottom not (clean white alive pistols).

There's 40 to 50 days left to flower these lovelies! I look forward to every single day!
Next thing will be Backbuilding. If you're new to it, thats where in week 5 I cut with trimmer scissors the smallest amount off the tops off the main buds, then come back in a week and do it again and maybe a third time. This makes buds fatter. It may or not increase weight, that's not been determined to me yet. The result has and I like it!
Have a great day and week!

Absolutely beautiful grow Mr O. It could just be the best one yet. Those pots sound epic too. Have a lekker eve
It's going to be a weight breaker I'm hoping Lerugged! I have a real yen to get my electricity bang for the buck!
Back building I have never tried that before. How do you get to your top buds. I am in week 6 is that too late. 🍋

I haven't thought to go out with it Keith. Try what you can reach. Leave some alone so you can see the difference. I've done it and failed to impress in the past. My method was different. I did it only once. I've seen @Krissi Carbone get very impressive results with two and three applications so I'm at it again.
Stupendous looking tent Otter, and like Lerugged said might be one of your best 4x4 grows yet! Not surprising with the SIPs and your soil kicking ass and taking names. :)

Does backbuilding work on the open sativa-like flowers you have in there?
I'd be the happiest Otter on the planet if it does Shed! Oh my goodness! Krissi had the greatest example with one that grew sativa style! The cola on the left is the uncut standard. Three on right are backbuilt. Here's Krissi's delish work!
1694464219169.png

So yes!
Every plant is stunning super-model Stone! :thumb:
Thanks Man! My kind of supermodel! Not too thin and gets me high!

Back
Top Bottom