Nirvana's Papaya Kush Indoor Scrog - 2009

Hey jed thanks for stopping bye...

Personally I have developed a method by trying new things every grow and seeing what works the best. I fim the plants about a half an inch before they hit the screen. When you top or fim a plant you will really see some extreme side growth appear. When you see the side growth taking off start to low stress train the lower limbs by bending them out further and tying them away from the plant to get more light. I also super-crop some of the lower limbs as well to promote side growth. After doing either of the two your side growth will quickly grow up into the screen giving you a lot more bud sites to work with. Personally I use one plant per square foot and use the lower limbs to fill in the perimeter of the square foot leaving the center for the main stem. Meanwhile the plant will keep growing tall and you start to work the plant into the screen by bending the stem horizontally and filling it in with bud sites. Right about the time the lower limbs reach the screen is when you will notice your screen is about 50 percent full and you need to switch the lights over to 12/12.

Sorry if that's more information than you wanted lol but instead of telling you one way is better than the other I wanted to tell you the method I have created by trial and error.

Pics and update will come tomorrow or the next day.

:peace:

++ reps on the info

Thanks jedwhylee give it a try just make sure to watch a few videos on youtube first so you can get the hang of it before messing up your own plants.

Thanks Cigo

Thanks Pan props on your afghan kush harvest btw looks so nice!

Smokey - FIM is a training method that promotes side growth and creates multiple main colas rather than one main cola. It stands for fuck I missed and basically you pinch of 50-80 percent of the top new bud growth on top. It will produce four to eight main colas. Now super cropping is a method of slightly snapping a branch in a strategic place to promote more growth above the snap. I would recommend watching a few videos on you tube to see what I mean for yourself. Oh and both of these training methods even the canopy for better light distribution on the canopy.

Thanks durgtad69 it is the perfect strain for a sog or a scrog.

Thanks BubbaDank!

Ill post an update tomorrow going to a beer pong tournament tonight lol...

Hey everybody everything is still going great. Got some serious training going on under the screen and the plants are finally starting to grow horizontally alot. It is crazy how many fan leaves I take off of the plants every day but anyway here are som pics...

day_45_001.jpg

I took this one to show you ow much training goes on under the ladies skirts lol.
day_45_002.jpg

the stem is so strong and the nodes are so dense! GOOD JOB!!! :yummy:

and your girlfriend is taking some great pics! kudos to her too! it's so funny to see how many couples grow on this site. i thought me and my boyfriend were the only ones! haha

how's the wine thing going? i'm new to this and i've never heard of doing that but it's a really smart idea!

how is the fox farms soil? i'm going to transplant a purple kush and i thought about trying it. i'm hearing a lot of good things about it.

do you have any tips for a thick stem? currently, we're just using a fan.

your plants are doing great! keep up the good work!:adore::goodjob:

Thanks lush for the compliments and for stopping by... The wine is going really well I have done a few readings with my dads co2 monitor and the co2 levels are at 1700 which isnt bad at all. To keep it at that level I have to have four gallons of wine going at once. Fox farms ocean forest is the only store bought soil I would ever use its the next best thing to fresh organic farm made soil mixtures. As for getting your stems real nice and thick make sure to keep your light as close to the canopy as possible and when the plant bends toward the light turn the pot 180 degrees so the plant beefs up its stem on the opposite side to bend back toward the light and always keep a fan on em.

Thanks Pan btw i voted your afghan kush plant as plant of the month hope you win i'll keep my fingers crossed.

GREAT advice!!! =) I can't wait to see how your plants are doing!

do you bake your soil before using it? i've heard baking it helps with pests.

we just looked over your previous posts and we are in awe at how amazing these plants look!

kudos! =)

Looking good i cant wait!!! Personally ive never tried a SOG or SCROG. Im growing some AK 48's now soon i will put them under my HPS. I'll have to post a thread. I dont have much height for them to grow so i will prune and train them. Good luck, and keep up the good grows! :grinjoint:

Thanks for stopping by dagonchaser.

No prolem Smokeymcmedic ask anything anytime and Ill be happy to answer or find the answerr for you or for anyone. Thanks for the rep too

Thanks Lushez Amber I have never ehardof baing your soil but if you buy foxfarms you shouldn't ever have a problem with pests. If you are using an organic farm made mix I have always used beneficial nematodes. You can buy them at any advanced organic garening center and they work wonders on your soil!

Thanks duragtad69 thank the universe for pruning and training techniques or else small cabinet grows would be out of the question. Try lst'ing it is by far the easiest way to train plants and you wil be suprised by how big of a yield you can produce in such a small space.

No problem pan4gold that main cola on the afghan kush plant blew my mind. Ive been having nightmares ever since lol.

Mellowman,
This is an amazing thread!
My wife and I are sick of paying for our meds so we decided to try our hand at growing our own.
I am height limited (5 feet vertical max) but have lots and lots of horizontal space.
Seeing your thread has convinced me that scrog is the way to go for us.
You mentioned that you like 1 plant per sq/ft and you have 3 plants under your scrog assembly so I assume that it is 1 foot deep x 3 feet wide x (y) feet tall ?
If those dimensions are correct would you mind sharing what angles you used to cut the top rails of your 2x2 ?
I can easily make a 1 foot by 3 foot base and sides but I would waste a few pieces of wood trying to duplicate your cuts without knowing the angles.
I have a bitchen miter saw and some other nice tools as well.
Also, did you screw the pieces together or did you use a finish nail gun?

Any details on the construction of your scrog set up would be most genuinely appreciated!

Thanks bro!

I hope he doesn't mind me answering for him, or you
for me butting in, but they they do make 150watt cfl's.
Actually I seen the new 200 watt cfl's which would be
around 800 watts compared to a standard bulb.
Impressive for cfl's when used in the veg stage.
I'm looking at one or two myself. There not cheap
and they are actually quite long at 14 inches.

Cheers!

mellow where did you get your cfl? is that a 150 w or a 150w comparison? how may plants do you have that on?

Back
Top Bottom