O.G. Kush - Coco Coir Tent Grow

Re: O.G. Kush-BPN Nutrients-Coco Coir tent grow

420_683.jpg

420_684.jpg

420_685.jpg

Clones went into the tent this morning, under a 250 watt metal halide. They all seem happy for the most part, other than a few discolorations all is good. Watered with 200 ppm worth of nutes
I figure a week of vegging with 18/6 light should promote some good growth. Maybe switch to 12/12 in 7-10 days if they like their new home.

Re: O.G. Kush-BPN Nutrients-Coco Coir Tent Grow

Hey Yard, just catching up on your journal here, I have one lone OG nearing completion & wanted to compare notes so far.

They definitely look similar, mine was just way slow to take off in veg but once it hit the HID she stretched out just a tad, now it's all about the little rock-hard popcorn clusters coming in. I did have a major pH issue about 2-4 weeks into flower with my first group and the OG ended up taking the hardest hit, lost most of her fans but now that everything's corrected (or getting there anyway) she's still chugging along to the finish and all the inner leaves are a nice healthy green again, that's all I'm concerned about at this point.

Maybe the "pure" OG's just require a milder nute mix...? And speaking of favorites, Godfather OG anybody? Eh? That's gotta be my fave...

Lookin good. Great looking roots. I like that u let them develop like that b4 transplanting.
Thank you BWC! I now understand how important that 'rooting' cycle is. In the past I would have transplanted earlier, but thanks to great members here, I learned to wait. More root, more fruit! Awaiting an update on your pretty ladies...

Hey Yard, just catching up on your journal here, I have one lone OG nearing completion & wanted to compare notes so far.

They definitely look similar, mine was just way slow to take off in veg but once it hit the HID she stretched out just a tad, now it's all about the little rock-hard popcorn clusters coming in. I did have a major pH issue about 2-4 weeks into flower with my first group and the OG ended up taking the hardest hit, lost most of her fans but now that everything's corrected (or getting there anyway) she's still chugging along to the finish and all the inner leaves are a nice healthy green again, that's all I'm concerned about at this point.

Maybe the "pure" OG's just require a milder nute mix...? And speaking of favorites, Godfather OG anybody? Eh? That's gotta be my fave...

Thanks, Cali! Nice to hear you're coming to fruition with your OG. I'm realizing this plant makes one fine tune their growing skills. It does not tolerate over watering, from my experience at least. I've watered the same way with other strains and not had a problem, in that manner anyway. I believe you are correct in saying it requires a lighter nute mix. When I was concentrating on the crab girl, she was getting maybe 700 ppm's, at a decent size, but still was a bit high. I tested ppm of runoff toward the end of her streak...it came out at 1400...she wasn't eating much.

Good luck on the rest of your grow! Keep me updated. :thumb:

Thanks all for the positive comments, and for following along! :thumb:

These clones are going to be 'teens' before I know it. I can't wait any longer to make the switch. Almost all are 8" or taller, with some topping 11". I've got my Bushmaster ready, running the light for 24 hours straight, then 36 hours of darkness. They were fed tonight, 210 ppm of nutes, along with DynaGro ProTekt, and Sierra Natural Science 604A. Next watering will be with Bushmaster only.

Here is where I need some advice. I still need to transplant. I didn't want to do it right before the transition, not good. Should I wait one week after 12/12 lighting, or give it two weeks or so? Or should I just transplant when the lights come on after 36 hours of darkness? I need to research this subject.

Some pics from tonight
420_686.jpg

420_687.jpg

420_691.jpg

These are my favorites so far. They are on the right side of the overview picture.
420_688.jpg

420_689.jpg

420_690.jpg

Thanks Stoned. I was thinking about it after my post last night, and switched the timer back to 18/6. I'm going to transplant tonight so I don't chance anything. I'll give them a few days in veg and then make the switch to flower.

Thanks all!

@ Bass, no their going straight up. I'm trying a SOG style with these clones. Hoping for a final height of 20" or so. I'll be removing any lower nodes so they focus on the top cola only.

2 days since the 12/12 switch

420_702.jpg

Before we get on to the rest of the pics...I would like to highlight this picture:
420_704.jpg

I transplanted them 3 days ago. I'm excited about the rapid root growth :high-five:

Last watering was with FloraBlend Tea, and SNS veg mix. Next watering will be the second, and last watering with Bushmaster only.

I'm really excited about this whole grow, everyone. I can' wait to see how these girls develop. Some staggering in height between the girls, but not too bad yet.

420_699.jpg

420_700.jpg

420_701.jpg

420_703.jpg

420_706.jpg

420_707.jpg

420_708.jpg

420_709.jpg

Thank you everyone!

@BWC, yeah I'm thinking I might have to remove a few during flower. 6 of them are all exactly the same height, with a few others close.

This 8am to 8pm of darkness is killing me with anticipation of the lights coming on. I'm so use to coming home from work and checking my grow. The cool thing is, I can't look at them all the time so I really notice growth now.

Thanks for all the positivity all!

Back
Top Bottom