OMM's Aloha Journal Part III

God speed my friend. Logged on for the first time in awhile and came here first. To read this makes for a very heavy heart. He was such a welcoming man and loved this sport. If any of you haven't read his blog you must do it to see who he was. I know I will search it out and read it again. Chronic the past few months must have been hard on you. You were a great friend. Maybe 420 could put his blog up so we can find it easily. You will be missed!!

Brother Thank you but Honestly it wasn't as hard for me as it was for jo
I went when I could and when they needed me she always had to be there
and to do it alone at her age with no real help is hard I mean there is
really no family who can be there to help the one main son of jims who tries to cant really help because he has 2 autistic children who need him.
I do what I can is all as for updates I will go and meet jo at the mortuary to give her some emotional support as she makes the final arrangements
she will try to get jims son teo out next month and I will take them out to scatter jims ashes :circle-of-love:

I'm sure Jim would love it if we read his blog again. He had a very full life of love and adventure. I found the stories.
OMM's Blog
:hug: :hug: Bill you darlin wish you was back an growing with us ,, but you my good friend I think have the best idea lets put OMMs Blog in an easy to get to place its a brilliant idea
an hey cronic you got that name for a reason my brother it fits you like a glove ,, I mean the good bits of being a Cronic guy your energy keeps this place alive ,, an on top you are a bus guy you deserve a lot of REPs for everything you do that I read :thumb:
Still though take time for YOU your as important as the folks you help :hug: :hug:

You know, sometimes it's just hard to get on with grieving the loss of someone. I know I never met the man, but you have to understand;

It's just that a part of me, a part of me that belongs to 420Magazine.com forever IS the way it is BECAUSE of Jim.

Seven years ago I was in a very different place, and in a very different way. We all have those stretches in time when we're looking for something, or someone, or a sense of belonging. We all have those moments where for some reason or another, things seem to fit. We psychologically cling, sometimes to a feeling, or memory, or a sensation that is reminiscent of security or comfort. Sometimes it is an awakening of sorts, that causes us to feel the pangs of desperate longing...Longing for attention or friendship that we may have once known, or have never known at all in this life-but wish to.

This time in my life was 2010. The logistical and semantical details are moot. The point is, I was finding myself, then, and I found myself to varying degrees and in varying ways, here on 420Magazine.com. Jim Parker, OldMedman, with a reputation beyond repute, was the center of much attention and a friend to many members of this community. He served as a mecca, whose journals would be found by all those that possessed the dowsing rods of the Cannabis Spirit. At least in my eyes.

Gibberish aside, Jim was a kind hearted man who made any and all feel welcome in his humble journals, where the novice could learn simple and effective gardening techniques, but could also find access to more experienced growers and techniques as well.

He shared his life story with us, he comforted those in their times of need, he showed grace and compassion to everyone, even when they may not have deserved it.

I miss that time in my life, I miss Jim and his ways, and I will always remember Jim Parker, THE Oldmedman.:Namaste:

Hello everyone just thought id let you all know I accompanied jo to the mortuary yesterday to make jims final arrangements
she will have a small celebration of life the day before we scatter jims ashes date is not set yet but it will be in about a month :circle-of-love:

I'm sure Jim would love it if we read his blog again. He had a very full life of love and adventure. I found the stories.
OMM's Blog

• image.php
    OMM's Blog
    06-26-2012 01:17 AM
  • image.php
    Part two of the Story
    06-29-2012 09:34 PM
  • image.php
    Part 3 of the story
    06-29-2012 09:37 PM
  • image.php
    Part 4 of the Story
    06-29-2012 09:40 PM
  • image.php
    The End of the Story - OldMedMan's Aloha Journal Part 2
    07-28-2013 12:08 AM

Sometimes the universe surprises me too. I'd forgotten all about this. Just a few minutes ago it popped up right in front of my consciousness. No wonder we all loved him so much. I bet he's having a blast right now. :laughtwo:

image19279.jpeg

Seems like I keep losing old friends and to hear of Jim's demise just after losing a buddy recently that I first met in grade 1 sure isn't lifting my spirits.

I first got to know Jim here about 8 years ago and always enjoyed his journals. Kept in touch by email and an occasional phone call on the times I wasn't around the forums tho not in the last couple years. Tho I didn't comment much about his ups and downs I read about them and it saddened me deeply. We all have to deal with our eventual and unavoidable end and he faced his like the warrior he was.

Good-bye Jim. You will be sorely missed by many.

:peace:

:wood::wood::wood::wood:

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR.

(my apologies to Bob Dylan but this is best read singing to his tune I'm listening to right now)
:theband:

Just found out the Old Man's not with us anymore....
Broke my heart, and cried till my eyes were sore.

But if I know my old friend, he ain't at rest.....
He's got the angels digging growin, cause he's the best.

Knock knock knockin on heavens door...
Knock knock knockin on heavens door...
Knock knock knockin on heavens door....
Knock knock knockin on heavens door.

Next time you see the clouds fill up the sky....
Perhaps you'll wonder...... as will I.....

Is it just... another.... windy gale.....
Or did Jim and the angels, just exhale!
:angel::passitleft::passitleft::angel::cool::hookah::angel::passitleft::passitleft::rollit:

Knock knock knockin on heavens door..........

Knock knock..............

:love::thanks::love::thanks::love::thanks:

Miss you my old friend I never met.....
And thank you for helping me learn how to grow.
You'll never know how much your help allowed this simple plant to make my life/health so much better.
On second thought- of course you do!:angel::):angel:
Love you,

Flower

Just read that there's a military memorial today for him. 03/15/2017.

OMM.
I salute you for the great person you were and toast you now with a toke of Black Russian.:rollit:

A strain I love but would have never tried- except for the fact that you gave me virtual tours of your yard:surf: in the winter when I was in snow.
I loved the way you talked about the Black Russian plant that was growing alongside your shed.

Inhale..... Exhale...... to you my friend..... :blunt:

And Cronichedgehog,:thanks::love::thanks:

You are the same sort of guy he was- kind, caring and helpful.
Except you're not retired yet- which is why he had sooo much time for all the hours and hours he spent helping so many of us thru our novice grower struggles- lol.
Thank you for all you did for OMM in real life and online,
And thank you for keeping everyone updated on him.

Thank you!
Flower

May OldMan's sense of humor and Grows forever live on the pages of 420 Magazine. You'll be missed pop. Your self-proclaimed grand-daughter wishes you all the great things in heaven. :amen:

Back
Top Bottom