Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

That's funny. I'm picturing the appearance of an inconspicuous rack of beach towels being changed every other day out on the balcony to block the view of Arjan's Haze #1 when the temperatures are dropping to freezing. :surf:

Yes, and I also do sheets. Sheets are great. Everyone has sheets. Nobody can think sheets are something worth looking at. Hanging out the sheets! Everyone hangs their sheets out. There's nothing to see here folks...

:hug:

Beach towels are also great. Beach towels were great cover in October for the Arjan's Strawberry Haze as it needed to sit in the autumn sun and ripen, ripen, ahh sweet berry terpene. Nobody could see her. Bright multicolored towels are stealthiest. Check it out.

But Arjan's Haze #1 had minimum stealth in late November. I was wondering whether to try Arjan's Ultra Haze #2 this year, but the long ripening period is really exhausting, it can take a big effort, with all the setbacks of cold weather. Fortunately those late ripening sativas are really good and they are plant-wise genetically built to take the cold.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much space the roots of an auto takes up normally. But, with a healthy root-system that will continue to spread and grow the network of "feeding-tubes", which in turn gives more food for the plant, which in turn gives more green growth on top.

That's right, there ain't nuttin' better than a good ol 50L, plants get huge.

Arjan's Haze #1 had minimum stealth in late November. I was wondering whether to try Arjan's Ultra Haze #2 this year, but the long ripening period is really exhausting, it can take a big effort, with all the setbacks of cold weather. Fortunately those late ripening sativas are really good and they are plant-wise genetically built to take the cold.
Outdoor growing being seasonal can be a bit like that, a sort of intense effort that can culminate in a 'great, but never again' review, and then later when relaxing with the harvest in the off season we get all gee'd up to do it all over again.

I don't yet have the experience of having grown out different known breeder's seeds to be able to confidently know where to place what I am vaping. For White Widow for example, I have tried just one breeder's strain, I have no idea how similar or different other breeder's same named strains are. If you getting an 'above and beyond' trip when you indulge in one of Arjan's Hazes then I can see how it would draw you back to doing another one, and that would be the right reasons for doing so too. :thumb:

That's right, there ain't nuttin' better than a good ol 50L, plants get huge.
I'm happy to watch how that auto develops in the 50L pot, will it get big in it, a new experience growing an auto. My friend's plant which like mine is now 39 days since breaking soil, he measured his today at 93cm tall. And he thinks his has stopped stretching now, which is probably right. Mine would be only half that but it is LST'd. It's looking strong and with a veg period barely a month you can't expect masses of cola sites so it will be interesting to see how it goes from here. And I am really curious with how growing one would go at other times of the year, as the strain notes said it could be grown outside all year round. Winter temps aren't too bad where I am, there are usually no frosts. Still, it would be amazing if it grew and flowered even if a poor Winter result was, say a 1/2 oz, that could still be a useful 1/2oz, and good to have the option of an outdoor grow in the photo 'off season'.:hookah:

Outdoor growing being seasonal can be a bit like that, a sort of intense effort that can culminate in a 'great, but never again' review, and then later when relaxing with the harvest in the off season we get all gee'd up to do it all over again.

I don't yet have the experience of having grown out different known breeder's seeds to be able to confidently know where to place what I am vaping. For White Widow for example, I have tried just one breeder's strain, I have no idea how similar or different other breeder's same named strains are. If you getting an 'above and beyond' trip when you indulge in one of Arjan's Hazes then I can see how it would draw you back to doing another one, and that would be the right reasons for doing so too. :thumb:

I'm happy to watch how that auto develops in the 50L pot, will it get big in it, a new experience growing an auto. My friend's plant which like mine is now 39 days since breaking soil, he measured his today at 93cm tall. And he thinks his has stopped stretching now, which is probably right. Mine would be only half that but it is LST'd. It's looking strong and with a veg period barely a month you can't expect masses of cola sites so it will be interesting to see how it goes from here. And I am really curious with how growing one would go at other times of the year, as the strain notes said it could be grown outside all year round. Winter temps aren't too bad where I am, there are usually no frosts. Still, it would be amazing if it grew and flowered even if a poor Winter result was, say a 1/2 oz, that could still be a useful 1/2oz, and good to have the option of an outdoor grow in the photo 'off season'.:hookah:

So you're thinkin of a winter grow? I guess autos will grow any time of year, given enough light and warmth. Sounds like your climate would work well for a late-ripening sativa strain, if you have the patience and setup for that and can get the seeds you want past customs. Indicas will grow in a colder climate, I've read, afghani. Sensi Seeds has a really good selection of sativa strains originating in tropical climes that are bred/crossed so they will grow in the cooler European summer, which might be good for you. Mexican Sativa, Jamaican Pearl, Durban.

2019 was my GHS grow: I planted 3 of their strains. Arjan's Haze #1 is curing nicely. It's very good, despite the inconveniences of super late harvest, November 21, for me the latest harvest I've had. Arjan's Strawberry Haze was one of the easier plants, wonderful aroma and good head high, done end of October. I can recommend that one.

The reason I got Arjan's Ultra Haze #2 was its haze x mango genetics. I tried to germinate one AUH last Spring, but it did not pop, and by then, enough other seeds had popped so I didn't pursue AUH. So there are AUH seeds left over. That one ripens even later, according to GHS, so I would need to be prepared to flower maybe into December. We'll see...

I took another look at your GGa and as she goes into flower. Just sayin', I would expect to see more colas shooting up vertically. Maybe she hasn't gotten to the flowering stretch yet? I've not grown an auto so am curious about how yours will turn out. It seems auto-flowering strains have a different timeline. Obviously you can't quadline an auto, she doesn't have that kind of time. So I am wondering if even just LST-ing your auto slowed her down as compared to your friend's GGa. If so, maybe LST isn't the way to go with an auto. Or maybe it doesn't slow her down at all. I would want to research autoflowering to find out what kind of training works, or doesn't work, given their shorter lives.

Always something to learn from these girls.

Obviously you can't quadline an auto, she doesn't have that kind of time. So I am wondering if even just LST-ing your auto slowed her down as compared to your friend's GGa. If so, maybe LST isn't the way to go with an auto. Or maybe it doesn't slow her down at all. I would want to research autoflowering to find out what kind of training works, or doesn't work, given their shorter lives.
Actually there are a bunch of folks who Top, Flux and Quadline their autos. Some strains may flower too quick to do this but it seems there is a lot of such training that can be applied to autos, in spite of 'conventional wisdom' declaring it can't be done.

There is a whole thread on 420 devoted to it by @Stinky Snid check out the pic of his "award winning Leialoha" on the first page. Many postings on that thread suggest that such training can extend the veg period of the Auto, almost as if the plant delays it's timing to go into flowering while it is dealing with the stress of the training upon it. For that it seems important to begin any such training on an Auto before flowering begins. So yes, your thought that my plant may have slowed down and lagged behind my friend's untrained plant is probably quite true. I hope so, as that would suggest mine is merely biding her time dealing with the LST and hopefully will motor into flowering once she ready. Interestingly, I was originally going to Quadline her until I decided to instead LST her to avoid the slowdown of topping her that Quadlining requires. But I am happy i did so as it is all a learning experience.

So you're thinkin of a winter grow? I guess autos will grow any time of year, given enough light and warmth.
I am only thinking about an off season grow because of the 420 strain notes for their Gorilla Glue Auto which says it is growable outside all year round. I guess it must be dependent to some extent on where one's location is. But for where I am, our Winter is considered reasonably mild. 420 Gorilla Glue are the only Auto seeds I have got so for any Winter/off season growing I would be thinking of doing so with these seeds if I went ahead. As much I would love seeds of more great strains, it is a bloody mission trying to successfully receive orders here in NZ.

Sensi Seeds has a really good selection of sativa strains originating in tropical climes that are bred/crossed so they will grow in the cooler European summer, which might be good for you. Mexican Sativa, Jamaican Pearl, Durban.
Since your grow last season I have kept a mental note of Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa because of how highly you rated it.
:hookah:

I further 'optimized' the positioning of my plants on the balcony to get them both 'touching' first light at maybe 11:45, but only fully in direct sun at maybe 2:15. It's an improvement altho it isn't massive, but it seems to work.

I took an already 'fruited' capsicum from the vege garden that would have been thrown out and potted it, and then placed it in the apex of the balcony to better cover the corner gap which potentially could let the neighbors spy the growing bud. The new arrangement is a little bit more of a pain to get into and around the plants to tend them, but that is the price of optimal placement in limited direct sun. My very first grow in this same location turned out incredibly sticky and gave a fantastic high so I know in spite of being sunshine limited it still can provide enough, but of course more would be even better! :cool:

It's lovely the warm summer days now. Today, was the first day I could smell the bud aroma beginning to fill the house, it was only mild but it was clearly there, especially to my 'bud aware nose' and that will only increase as they develop. Hopefully the aroma gets taken up high in the air rather than thru the neighboring houses.

Here is a pic of the Gorilla Glue Auto today, she is on day 40, sitting in her 50L pot. Altho it is hard to tell as the pic is taken from above, her canopy is fairly level from the LST. I am looking forward to seeing how she progresses.

My two Quadlined girls continue to progress well. In the last few days they have received several tranches of leaf thinning, and some supercropping which has leveled their canopies out, and reduced their height down perhaps a foot, from where they were. I expect they will still grow a little more as the buds develop but should be manageable, maybe more so than the aroma. :nervous-guy:

Just for shits and giggles I have dug up a pic from last year's grow, it was taken on the 11th Feb 2019. Pretty close to a year to the day of today's pic which follows. Last year's plants in the pic was White Widow in the larger 50L pot on the left, and Gorgonzola in the 30L pot on the right. That WW was the mother of this year's 2-WW, and the Gorgonzola was the mother of this year's 3-WWG!
Here's is last year's for comparison

..and here is this year's

For being photoperiod plants, where the pics were taken pretty much on the same day a year apart, this year is looking promising for an improvement in yield, and because they seem a lot happier and thriving, hopefully improved potency and high would be a nice bonus too. The combined yield last year was about 4oz, this year I feel the plants have, say, 2.5 x the number of vertical branches, and each branch is conservatively 1.75 x longer. Wow, that would suggest maybe 17.5oz if I'm my optimism is adding up correctly rather than addled up. And I do mean optimism, I arrive at that as just a fun pie in the sky amount to wish for, I'd still be rapt with half that. :hookah::surf::ganjamon:

I further 'optimized' the positioning of my plants on the balcony to get them both 'touching' first light at maybe 11:45, but only fully in direct sun at maybe 2:15. It's an improvement altho it isn't massive, but it seems to work.

I took an already 'fruited' capsicum from the vege garden that would have been thrown out and potted it, and then placed it in the apex of the balcony to better cover the corner gap which potentially could let the neighbors spy the growing bud. The new arrangement is a little bit more of a pain to get into and around the plants to tend them, but that is the price of optimal placement in limited direct sun. My very first grow in this same location turned out incredibly sticky and gave a fantastic high so I know in spite of being sunshine limited it still can provide enough, but of course more would be even better! :cool:

It's lovely the warm summer days now. Today, was the first day I could smell the bud aroma beginning to fill the house, it was only mild but it was clearly there, especially to my 'bud aware nose' and that will only increase as they develop. Hopefully the aroma gets taken up high in the air rather than thru the neighboring houses.

Here is a pic of the Gorilla Glue Auto today, she is on day 40, sitting in her 50L pot. Altho it is hard to tell as the pic is taken from above, her canopy is fairly level from the LST. I am looking forward to seeing how she progresses.

My two Quadlined girls continue to progress well. In the last few days they have received several tranches of leaf thinning, and some supercropping which has leveled their canopies out, and reduced their height down perhaps a foot, from where they were. I expect they will still grow a little more as the buds develop but should be manageable, maybe more so than the aroma. :nervous-guy:

Just for shits and giggles I have dug up a pic from last year's grow, it was taken on the 11th Feb 2019. Pretty close to a year to the day of today's pic which follows. Last year's plants in the pic was White Widow in the larger 50L pot on the left, and Gorgonzola in the 30L pot on the right. That WW was the mother of this year's 2-WW, and the Gorgonzola was the mother of this year's 3-WWG!
Here's is last year's for comparison

..and here is this year's

For being photoperiod plants, where the pics were taken pretty much on the same day a year apart, this year is looking promising for an improvement in yield, and because they seem a lot happier and thriving, hopefully improved potency and high would be a nice bonus too. The combined yield last year was about 4oz, this year I feel the plants have, say, 2.5 x the number of vertical branches, and each branch is conservatively 1.75 x longer. Wow, that would suggest maybe 17.5oz if I'm my optimism is adding up correctly rather than addled up. And I do mean optimism, I arrive at that as just a fun pie in the sky amount to wish for, I'd still be rapt with half that. :hookah::surf::ganjamon:
Looking good mate!!
I'm enjoying the GG, the canopy is looking to really spread out.

You have without question been doing a lot better this year!

I too worry a bit about odor ("aroma" if you're enjoying it, "odor" if you're worried about stealth). Lol. Not to create any unnecessary anxiety, but how far away are the neighboring houses?

I too worry a bit about odor ("aroma" if you're enjoying it, "odor" if you're worried about stealth). Lol. Not to create any unnecessary anxiety, but how far away are the neighboring houses?
The boundary wall of the house immediately next to the balcony is pretty close, not more than 5 meters away. So sometimes when they have visitors, and they are gathering and talking around their car before they leave, it's near enough to fully hear the conversation, I think to myself of how close they are to my plants.

I have looked and looked at where else I can grow, but the balcony always comes up as most optimal, at least there the plants can't easily be seen or stolen by anybody on the ground. But yes, there is no getting away with the smell factor when growing cannabis, some strains are said to be less or more so, and some people claim that their plant is less so than someone else growing the same who thinks it's really smelly, so maybe there is a 'nose factor' involved whether the grower has a fine sense of smell, my growing friend doesn't and could never pick up a strong smell but when he had a sympathetic flatmate she would find that his plants really stink. Maybe too, it also possible that some growers are using a soil/amendment mix that causes less smell to be generated by the plants. But for me, I don't have got little choice of strains and growing locations so it just boils down to doing it and hoping for the best. The only 'comforting' factor in this regard is that I have done multiple grows on the balcony with the same neighbors so hopefully it is not obvious to them or their sense of smell is not too keen, or maybe they turn the other cheek. Atho so far in this grow it is looking like I will get a bit more yield in buds than I have got previously, and the more buds the more smell.

The 2 quadlined girls are showing visible budlets now, and the LST'd 1-GGa on day 43 is not far behind. My friend's Gorilla Glue Auto is more advanced than mine, presumably because the LST done to mine has kept mine in veg for perhaps an extra 10 days over his GGa which is at a similar stage to my Quadlined 2-WW.

I removed the 'braces' I had put on many of the supercropped branches as I was uncomfortable about how some had pulled over/across the developing buds. Currently, I presume the 'stretching' phase is over, but I would still expect vertical bud growth to cause another 3 or 4 inches of height which means some buds will be showing themselves (just a little) over the tops of the balcony rails between the herb planters boxes. Although, I imagine that those parts of the plant being in anyone's line of sight would most likely be hard to discern unless of course they are very aware (like me) of what peeking cannabis plants and bud look like.

I am still considering doing further supercropping to level the canopy down about 6 inches, but I an unsure of what the outcome would be. The clear positives would be reduction of height and greater horizontal bud exposure to the sun. The potential negative would be that it may be too late and be a greater risk to stunting the Bloom phase. However, I assume there may also be a potential positive with the theory that further supercropping or wounding of the plant may cause greater bud growth by the plant feeling threatened?!? I am currently caught in a bit of indecision about this.

A couple of canopy pics taken this morning from above while in the shade. It is tricky taking photos of them at any time as the light is coming at the camera rather than the ideal of having it behind you, in full sun there is massive over exposure and the light range is too great. Altho in writing that, I remember somewhere I have a polarizing filter from a previous larger 35mm camera that I could use to hold in front of the lens. Anyway the girls progress is as below. :hookah:

My information (from reading a lot as well as from my own growing experience) is that, when I top my plants, I should top for the last time no later than 2 weeks before flowering. Topping does require some recovery, and also, by topping later than that, some of the best bud sites would be destroyed.

However, by all accounts supercropping can be done well into flowering without any harm at all. The bud sites all remain intact and unharmed, only the stems and branches are minimally affected. There is that theory that a flowering plant will, when supercropped, intensify its efforts.

I would not hesitate to supercrop all the way to harvest if the alternative is blowing your stealth cover. Maybe you would want to keep it to the minimum needed to maintain stealth.

Looking at your photos, I was thinking the branches on your plants that are pushing higher could easily be tied down, holding them at the level you want them. You can use ties or string or garden ribbon, tied to something lower down. The growing points will continue to push upward toward the light, that is the nature of phototropism. By tying them lower, as you point out, you may be able to let them spread out a bit for more sun.

Your plants look really good. As for their aroma, if it doesn't hit you in the nose every time you look at them, it's probably not going to penetrate to those folks who are talking and getting into their cars. In outside grows like mine, the aroma is subject to whatever air movement there is and is usually dissipated upward and outward.

I would not hesitate to supercrop all the way to harvest if the alternative is blowing your stealth cover. Maybe you would want to keep it to the minimum needed to maintain stealth.
That is reassuring to know. In the event where stealth is in danger of being compromised it makes far more sense to supercrop where the chances are your buds will then survive to be harvested as opposed to chopping off parts of budding branches which will immediately result in loss of potential buds.

Looking at your photos, I was thinking the branches on your plants that are pushing higher could easily be tied down, holding them at the level you want them. You can use ties or string or garden ribbon, tied to something lower down. The growing points will continue to push upward toward the light, that is the nature of phototropism. By tying them lower, as you point out, you may be able to let them spread out a bit for more sun.
Yes I see this as an option too. I guess I rather liked carrying out the supercropping and how flat initially it got the canopy without adding a whole bunch more training wires, as I have already got lots of wires tethering the plant's branches down for the Quadlining training.

Your plants look really good. As for their aroma, if it doesn't hit you in the nose every time you look at them, it's probably not going to penetrate to those folks who are talking and getting into their cars. In outside grows like mine, the aroma is subject to whatever air movement there is and is usually dissipated upward and outward.
That's how I feel too, combined with a sense that I want a home grown organic harvest and I'm willing to take on a little risk to get it, because if I wait until there is no risk then it may never happen in my lifetime. These days I no longer experience much anxiety about the daily sounds of helicopters flying overhead, I realize they are mostly commuters who aren't bothered about me and probably would never notice my balcony grow anyway. Of course if my neighbors were to sell their place, many house sales these days involve putting a drone up and taking overhead pictures, that would be a riot with my cannabis plants filling the balcony in the sales advertising.

However, by all accounts supercropping can be done well into flowering without any harm at all. The bud sites all remain intact and unharmed, only the stems and branches are minimally affected. There is that theory that a flowering plant will, when supercropped, intensify its efforts.
This is the interesting bit to me. So I would like to lower the canopies of my quadlined girls by say, 6 - 8 inches. And I can do that 2 ways, by tying them down or supercropping. As you say, there is this theory with supercropping that the damage/wounding of the plant by supercropping will/can increase the potency. If indeed that occurs, then given both these 2 choices will not harm the plant then surely supercropping, because of this increased potency benefit, will be a better option than tying the branches down? There is a whole bunch of theories on increasing potency e.g. supercropping, stem splitting, dehydration events, pre-harvest 48 hours of darkness etc etc, some of these have some people proclaiming them as fantastic and other folk saying they were unable to tell any difference. So for me where I am currently only entertaining either tying branches down or supercropping, do you feel you have seen any potency increase from supercropping in your experience? I realize it is subjective unless someone is going as far as getting lab reports to verify the tangible differences, but nonetheless, do you feel it adds to potency or does it seem purely a great way to manage height and shape of a developing plant as well as some increase in yield?

It is challenging to take pics of my balcony grow because the sunlight is always in front and either silhouettes the plants in shade, or 'blows them out' in sunshine with too much light and dark for the camera to handle.

The pics I posted earlier today were taken in the morning when the plants were in the shade. Here are a couple of pics taken in the afternoon when under full sunshine.

...So for me where I am currently only entertaining either tying branches down or supercropping, do you feel you have seen any potency increase from supercropping in your experience?

I haven't tried to measure it. Like you, my primary use of supercropping is to maintain stealth. My 47 L grow, which is in a country that hasn't legalized (yet) :cool:, puts me in the same position you are in NL regarding stealth. I guess in order to test that "theory" of cannabis increasing in potency in the forest after say a deer eats half the plant, well, I guess you would need to do a side-by-side comparison: one attacked by the deer, one not.

I do supercropping together with tying down. For tying, I get velcro strips, very easy to use. Re-usable too.

Those girls are looking good. It's so warm here in California now I am thinking of germinating in a few weeks. The story begins again...

Those girls are looking good. It's so warm here in California now I am thinking of germinating in a few weeks. The story begins again...
Haha, good stuff!

We've been having such a great run of sunny warm/hot weather that I too am thinking of kicking off another round without waiting for the 'new season' to start. But at the same time, I am uncertain just how much 'stink' factor I'll be contending with in the coming weeks, it has to be after my current crop are done, as I don't want to add to the smell and besides there isn't really much more space left on the balcony. But if I can start off another second Gorilla Glue Auto and time it, so it is coming into flower after my current 3 girls have been given the chop, with the intention of then using Colloidal Silver to force it to produce female pollen, and then perhaps a month later kick off a second GGa to use as a recipient of that pollen to create some seeds. If I can do that and create some feminized seeds all before July, that will be great.
And then in September I can focus on the remaining untested 420 photoperiod seeds I've got. And doing the same with them, with my limited balcony space I'd probably just select one strain to grow 2 plants, one to make pollen, and one to pollinate to try to make some female seeds which would really be great. If this season's yield is a good one, I should be able to feel free to just attempt to make seeds rather than worry too much about yield.

The Gorilla Glue Auto I have growing is still stretching upwards, and the canopy is remaining level. My friend's one has finished it's stretch, so mine's LST does appear to have kept it in Veg mode for a little longer. It'll be interesting seeing how well or otherwise it develops.

Also, going on leaf shape alone. My 2 Quadlined girl's leaves have such long thin fingers, and going on that I wonder if it is correct to conclude they have much more Sativa heritage, compared in contrast to the shorter fatter GGa leaves that I assume betray it's Indica heritage.

Cheers :hookah:

As a note in my journal. Yesterday, I added a couple of tablespoons of Molasses to their drinking water for the first time (along with their regular 'worm wee'). :morenutes:

Today after some intense deliberation on whether to do further supercropping or instead to tie down the some of the previously supercropped branches that have since regained some vertical growth. I googled for posts/articles where people had found greater potency, but I failed to really find any specific poster who had found that to be the case, instead I found several who stated they believed there was no such potency improvement. However, the good thing was that many attested to an improved yield from carrying out supercropping, and interestingly it wasn't always done for making branches grow horizontal for the sunlight, but also where branch stems were regularly crushed just for the purpose of having the plants repair the injury and causing increased vigor to the bud growth.

Because I have already fairly extensively supercropped both Quad girls I felt I had that covered. I purchased a 100m roll of plastic coated 'twist tie' wire, and set about tying everything down that was above the general canopy, altho several light branches on both plants I still supercropped. Now the resulting height of the smaller girl (2-WW) is just 20 inches from the pot rim. And the bigger girl (3-WWG) is only 2 or 3 inches taller. I think that is about as good as I will get it. It is pretty well hidden at the level they are now. No doubt there with be the odd little adjustment ahead but short of a big storm they shouldn't need too much more.

Tonight, I tried to take a picture in twilight to see how it would come out, it is poor quality but it shows the beginning of bloom flowering sites that are hard to see in full daylight. Anyway, now I going to press send and go take a toot on the Silver Surfer. :hookah::surf:

Looking really good out there Stunger! The next few weeks are one of my most favourite parts of the grow - watching budset and flower formation.
Well done on the supercropping mate. You’ve given me the confidence to go absolutely mental with it if I ever need to.
Your yield looks like it’s going to be at least three times what you got last year. I hope it makes it up past the pound for you! That’d be tū meke.
Loving the sound of your seed plans for the autos you’re a clever cookie. Watching with interest, mate. Ready to be schooled on the use of silver.
Great growing, brother :high-five:

However, I assume there may also be a potential positive with the theory that further supercropping or wounding of the plant may cause greater bud growth by the plant feeling threatened?!? I am currently caught in a bit of indecision about this.
That should not be a problem this early into bloom, and @Emeraldo points it out good in this segment:
Kudos to Emeraldo, well put.

-----------------

You mention the lovely fragrance a few times:

I expect they will still grow a little more as the buds develop but should be manageable, maybe more so than the aroma.

But at the same time, I am uncertain just how much 'stink' factor I'll be contending with in the coming weeks, it has to be after my current crop are done, as I don't want to add to the smell

Have you given the idea of "companion plants" any thought? To plant a few other plants that have a strong fragrance and look. I'm going to do that this summer, plants with both aroma and strong colors, to fool both eyes and noses of people.

You supercropping looks alltogether excellent. Great job

The page didnt update while I wrote my post, so I missed @DonkeyDick s post:

Well done on the supercropping mate. You’ve given me the confidence to go absolutely mental with it if I ever need to.
Your yield looks like it’s going to be at least three times what you got last year.
Yeah, haha, I've been thinking the same. I've even started to plan a bit more in detail how to grow a few ladies on my own balcony when summer is here. :)

Loving the sound of your seed plans for the autos you’re a clever cookie. Watching with interest, mate. Ready to be schooled on the use of silver.
I second that. Nice idea, and brilliant to see how well you have been doing. If you are thinking about using colloidal silver to switch genders, have a look at "Gibberellic acid GA-3". It is very cheap and can get gotten from a good gardening-center or similar. I've gotten to see some people here on the forum using it with good results. When it is time for me to try myself to switch a few genders and collect pollen, I'll be trying out both silver and GA-3.
(Will add a post in my journal with some more information I've found about GA-3 later!)

Anyways; great job again mate. Impressive work.

Looking really good out there Stunger! The next few weeks are one of my most favourite parts of the grow - watching budset and flower formation.
You and me both DD. It draws me like a moth to a flame :slide:

Your yield looks like it’s going to be at least three times what you got last year. I hope it makes it up past the pound for you! That’d be tū meke.
That would be lovely to get a good yield. Hopefully I get no pest problems or storms or budrot to screw things up, then it is just 3 things; removing all the training ties before giving the chop, carrying out a trouble free dry (that will be a bit of a worry as I don't have a spare fridge to do the cold n slow with), and lastly the cure, which should be straight forward as long as I dont screw the drying up!:nervous-guy:

Have you given the idea of "companion plants" any thought? To plant a few other plants that have a strong fragrance and look. I'm going to do that this summer, plants with both aroma and strong colors, to fool both eyes and noses of people.

You supercropping looks alltogether excellent. Great job
I have considered companion planting but I am not sure how well that would go, growing other plants that produce a different odor to add to and mask the cannabis odor, plus I dont have a lot of space left on the balcony. I feel I will just wing it and hope for the best.

I second that. Nice idea, and brilliant to see how well you have been doing. If you are thinking about using colloidal silver to switch genders, have a look at "Gibberellic acid GA-3". It is very cheap and can get gotten from a good gardening-center or similar. I've gotten to see some people here on the forum using it with good results. When it is time for me to try myself to switch a few genders and collect pollen, I'll be trying out both silver and GA-3.
(Will add a post in my journal with some more information I've found about GA-3 later!)
I haven't yet tried reversing gender yet, but I have a very good Colloidal Silver generator so I imagined I would use that, but I would consider STS or Gibberellic acid if one of those was seen to be more dependable, but haven't yet looked into those alternatives. I thought that I could start spraying a cola or two of this grow's Gorilla Glue Auto, but that probably wouldn't be great growing next to my other flowering girls! I think I will probably get this current grow done, and then plan for making feminized seeds next time.

I saw an interesting thread on that by @toker69 How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

My 2 girls have settled down from their hopefully final supercropping and tiedown yesterday, as below.

Back
Top Bottom