PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow

Re: Stealthy 1st time indoor/outdoor hybrid grow. Mama Mia and White Panther in soil.

This'll keep the cabbage worm butterflies out, I reckon.:wood:

ghouse.jpg

Now to see if it's still too warm to use it......

Re: Stealthy 1st time indoor/outdoor hybrid grow. Mama Mia and White Panther in soil.

One of the RAT BASTARDS flew right in through the sliding glass door while I was sitting at my desk!

They look so cute fluttering around the plants, but this is a cabbage worm butterfly. Hopefully the treatment I'm giving them will help. The tiny larva are green so they're hard to spot, I guess. Have yet to find and remove one.

You get those BAT RASTARDS dude! How dare they get a free high off you!:biglaugh:

What Jay? You didn't notice my foot in the picture at the bottom of page 2? The MMJ is working like magic on the yellow fungus. :)

What Jay? You didn't notice my foot in the picture at the bottom of page 2? The MMJ is working like magic on the yellow fungus. :)

LOL...musta somehow missed it :)

.....Thanks for the warning....the greenhouse is awesome :thumb:

If anyone else has any advice about waging war on the cabbage worms, I'm hungry for it.

After a long day of training, getting sprayed with stuff, being munched on, getting a new outdoor home, and playing in the sun, the girls have gone to bed.

bum1.jpg

bum2.jpg

The moth is the adult...you need to control the pupa

The reason I asked you about the fan, is the damage to the leaf in the picture you showed looks more fungal to me than insect damage...can you get a closer pic....I saw the moth pic so there is probably some feeding injury as well

Whatever anyone tells you about control for the cabbage worm don't use b.t. on your cannabis

I was looking into BT earlier. Your strong thumbs down will be taken into consideration. Why is it so evil?

Oh, and no fungus (except on the toenails.) I'll try to find time to see if I can get a new charger battery for the good camera tomorrow - but it's a busy day. That pic is about as good as I can do with the phone. Other than a small area getting eaten the plants are the picture of health.

I've been seeing those butterflies around for days, found a picture of the exact same one on line, and read up about it. I'm pretty confident on the diagnosis. I'd can link to the page but it's a really long page and you'd need to scroll way down. Maybe I'll go do some Adobe magic and make an image of the relevant section.

I was looking into BT earlier. Your strong thumbs down will be taken into consideration. Why is it so evil?

It is toxic...if it was my plants I would use manual control....pick off the caterpillars...b.t. is sold as an organic.biological control but it is toxic to mammals...I would look for another control

I am not talking out of my ass...I have made a very good living for over 20 years diagnosing insect and disease problems as a licensed arborist and pesticide applicator...is manual control an option?

Oh, and no fungus (except on the toenails.) I'll try to find time to see if I can get a new charger battery for the good camera tomorrow - but it's a busy day. That pic is about as good as I can do with the phone. Other than a small area getting eaten the plants are the picture of health.

I've been seeing those butterflies around for days, found a picture of the exact same one on line, and read up about it. I'm pretty confident on the diagnosis. I'd can link to the page but it's a really long page and you'd need to scroll way down. Maybe I'll go do some Adobe magic and make an image of the relevant section.

LOL....they have I think 4-5 life cycles in a year if I remember correctly so they need to be controlled quickly ...removing pupa and eggs

I can order 100 live lacewings overnight - it'll cost me about fifty bucks. They are mature and ready to lay eggs. Fifty bucks is a lot to spend but I like the idea of turning the hungry hoard loose on 'em. So far I haven't found and caterpillars, but they were eating today. Not much but there was more damage. I also found a couple of white eggs that seem to be the same as I saw online.

I'm not super comfortable even with Azatrol. It's "organic" too. Then again so is the hemlock growing next to a mountain stream and I'm not going to ingest that!

Cold temperatures at night will wipe out the butterflies soon enough. What do you think about leaving the plants out overnight. We are expecting lows in the low 50's later this week? How cold would it need to get? Both the mazari and the early skunk that make up the cross are pretty sturdy stock.....

Very cool that you're an arborist, Jay. I've done a fair amount of part time work the last three year working for a small permaculture company. I really like the work when I can find the time to do it. I've learned a ton.

I would not be concerned with the moths other than the fact.they are responsible for laying.up to 100 eggs during their lifecycle...the. caterpillars are feeding on the leaves...the insects lifecycle is short...I would try to get rid of the caterpillars manually...keep the moths out of the greenhouse

I'll keep looking for 'em. They should get easier to spot as they fatten up.

Very cool that you're an arborist, Jay. I've done a fair amount of part time work the last three year working for a small permaculture company. I really like the work when I can find the time to do it. I've learned a ton.

Very nice...yeah my experience has helped me just enough to get me.in trouble indoors....but when it comes to insect and disease ....I know a couple things ....don't take.my word for anything but research your problem and maybe I can help with your final decision...if I can help you I will :thumb:

You're being a great help, Jay.

I've done lots of tree pruning and felling with the boys, but we leave the big trees to the pros. Once I helped a friend take down a massive Siberian Elm in his yard and a giant limb crashed down on his deck. Since then I prefer to stand back and watch. LOL

You're being a great help, Jay.

I've done lots of tree pruning and felling with the boys, but we leave the big trees to the pros. Once I helped a friend take down a massive Siberian Elm in his yard and a giant limb crashed down on his deck. Since then I prefer to stand back and watch. LOL

LOL ...Ive been a tree climber for 23 yrs....done a couple dumb things too LoL

Back
Top Bottom