Pennywise Strikes Again

I grew a freebie g13 Blue OG that leaned towards the Blue Moonshine side of things... I liked it good berry flavor, but not exactly what I am looking for in a BB. Excellent cross though... I have had great luck with G13 and prices are nice. Big fan of the C99.
Thing is, C99 isn’t a g13 strain.. if you want real examples of C99 you have to buy from the brothers’ Grimm stock.
Next run I do I’ll do a 12 hour lights on then 5 1/2 lights off, 1 hour on then finish the day with another 5 1/2 lights on. The one hour on in the middle of the dark cycle will prevent them from flowering. It’s called “Gaslighting” save a lot of money on the electric bil.
:laugh: I think you mean Gas Lantern Routine (GLR). Gaslighting is a form of abuse that is meant to make the victim feel crazy. :laugh:

careful with this though, I’ve definitely hermied a plant from (I thought) a very stable line with the GLR. I’ve also noticed that regular indica hybrids will show explosive growth at the beginning of the use of GLR, then they don’t stretch nearly as much when sent into flower.

Thing is, C99 isn’t a g13 strain.. if you want real examples of C99 you have to buy from the brothers’ Grimm stock.

:laugh: I think you mean Gas Lantern Routine (GLR). Gaslighting is a form of abuse that is meant to make the victim feel crazy. :laugh:

careful with this though, I’ve definitely hermied a plant from (I thought) a very stable line with the GLR. I’ve also noticed that regular indica hybrids will show explosive growth at the beginning of the use of GLR, then they don’t stretch nearly as much when sent into flower.
My only assessment was I have had good luck with G13 strains and there C99 is fire. Isn't brother Grimms Cinderella 99, the reason G13 had to change the name(my old package said Cinderella 99 from G13, before the name change to C99). G13 has been good to me over the years, but wasn't any reflection on Cinderella 99 or Brothers Grimm, I haven't had the pleasure of his gear so no judgment either way.

I have ran GLR in the past with no issues with hermies, stating that your plants Might herm out because of a light routine is a bold statement(when many people have used the routine No Problem to save on cost). You said you "thought" the seeds were stable insinuates they were suspect. No judgment from me, but I know for a FACT GLR works.

Try reducing your light schedule to 11 on / 13 off. If you do your research, DJ short and I know Snowhigh (from email) both use 11/13, even for indicas. I have permanently switched to 11/13 for everything, even with indicas, since my last run and everything was fine.

11/13 will prevent late stage re-flowering. Many old timers and breeders use this light schedule.

Snowhigh even recommended to me to use 10.5 / 13.5 and he said that's the sweet spot for ALL plants!

DJ Short said that night time is when the plant put on weigh (i.e. resin, leaves growth, etc). I have not done comparative test myself, but all of the flowers from the 11/13 run with 3 different strains were all caked and resinous.
Drive-by..

Plants produce sugars all day and then grow at night.. Least that's how I was schooled..

Hope lifes treating you well @Pennywise

Try reducing your light schedule to 11 on / 13 off. If you do your research, DJ short and I know Snowhigh (from email) both use 11/13, even for indicas. I have permanently switched to 11/13 for everything, even with indicas, since my last run and everything was fine.

11/13 will prevent late stage re-flowering. Many old timers and breeders use this light schedule.

Snowhigh even recommended to me to use 10.5 / 13.5 and he said that's the sweet spot for ALL plants!

DJ Short said that night time is when the plant put on weigh (i.e. resin, leaves growth, etc). I have not done comparative test myself, but all of the flowers from the 11/13 run with 3 different strains were all caked and resinous.
I just switched my bud lights from 12/12 to 11/13. Resinous buds and a cheaper electric bill, win-win. :thumb: Thanks for the tip, Penny.

Oh... Almost forgot, no Sideshow-bobing either. :)

how you been penny! lol, i dnt even know how many pages i missed here, but i'm sure the plants are good as always

thats awesome! allot of members are going in flower either today or tomorrow.

I just flipped my Big 15gal GDP girl 5 days ago, she's going to be a fun run. I don't normally grow them this big inside, not very efficient(personal, not a commercial setup where plant count is a factor), but I'm good in the Cannabis dept SO why not. I have grown the biggest buds even with small plants with QB's(20 inch plant with HUGE buds), it will be a nice experiment also to see how much these 96's stretch versus the QB132's(3500's are a nice controlled stretch). I've been in a consistent cycle of just doing what works, this will be fun to switch it up and also run some Auto's under QB's to see how they turn out. I'm also working on cycling seeds every 4 weeks(blow through some old seeds and freebies), I'd like to eventually harvest every month, and take Summers off and ENJOY my Labor. 2021 GOALS! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom