Pennywise Strikes Again

Hey Penny. All looking good around here. So are true sativas slow to flower under 12/12? I took a cutting from my Highland Laos to reset the mother plant and the old mother I threw in the tent with the flowering plants. That was a couple weeks ago and there is still no sign of sex yet. It's just growing as it always does. Fast. I had no intention of seeing it through to the end. I'm just trying to guage the stretch and work out if it is male or female. Would changing the light cycle be a good idea?

Next run I do I’ll do a 12 hour lights on then 5 1/2 lights off, 1 hour on then finish the day with another 5 1/2 lights on. The one hour on in the middle of the dark cycle will prevent them from flowering. It’s called “Gaslighting” save a lot of money on the electric bil.

No I never did but its back to full speed which on this computer and my 400mb download speed its faster the a blink of the eye so I am happy :smokin:

Try reducing your light schedule to 11 on / 13 off. If you do your research, DJ short and I know Snowhigh (from email) both use 11/13, even for indicas. I have permanently switched to 11/13 for everything, even with indicas, since my last run and everything was fine.

11/13 will prevent late stage re-flowering. Many old timers and breeders use this light schedule.

Snowhigh even recommended to me to use 10.5 / 13.5 and he said that's the sweet spot for ALL plants!

DJ Short said that night time is when the plant put on weigh (i.e. resin, leaves growth, etc). I have not done comparative test myself, but all of the flowers from the 11/13 run with 3 different strains were all caked and resinous.

Back
Top Bottom