Pennywise Strikes Again

Yep, working with what I have right now.

only way to do it. what you have and diy.
haven't bought a tent or a prebuilt light since i started growing again.

It’s a small heater that you place pure Sulphur in. The heater melts and atomizes the Sulphur which coats the leaves. PM and Bugs die and the plants love it.

may be restricted here. i want one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Google says...
Light Emitting Ceramic (LEC) grow light – “LEC” is a brand name (trademark) for a model of grow light that uses ceramic metal halide technology. However, the term “LEC” is starting to become interchangeable with the term Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) since they're both referring to the same technology.
Well...I just commented on CMH 315...check out my first 2 grows...totally sold for my 3x3 cabinet.

only way to do it. what you have and diy.
haven't bought a tent or a prebuilt light since i started growing again.

may be restricted here. i want one. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Probably wouldn’t be hard to diy a burner. Would have to be in a fairly narrow temp range.

i'm honestly running the same watts straight in led as i used to in hps in the same size space lol

i am doing a bit better with the led as i'm running it at 75% - but you'd think it'd do better with all the hype. love the production though, and lack of heat to deal with.

I’m running 50%-68% of what I’d run with HPS (1k), so not bad for me. 680w in one, 500w in the other. Next grow with the 680w I’m going to try and see what a cut in my operating percentages (about 15%) does. Try running it closer to a peak of 500w-550w, since it’s kinda designed to flower a 5x5.

Should still do really well, and if not I’ll bump it up.

I’m running 50%-68% of what I’d run with HPS (1k), so not bad for me. 680w in one, 500w in the other. Next grow with the 680w I’m going to try and see what a cut in my operating percentages (about 15%) does. Try running it closer to a peak of 500w-550w, since it’s kinda designed to flower a 5x5.

Should still do really well, and if not I’ll bump it up.
I wanted to go with LED for my cabinet, but unfinished part of the basement is 66F. Needed some heat and a knowledgable grow shop guy recommended the CMH 315. This is not an endorsement. My cabinet temp is steady all year round 66/82. The temp above my light is actually much lower and a clip fan high circulates cooler air down. Just worked perfect for me...organic meds that happen to be monster buds and the best hash ever (I’ve had the best circa 1975 to 1978). I do see LED advantages but cant see changing what works.

I wanted to go with LED for my cabinet, but unfinished part of the basement is 66F. Needed some heat and a knowledgable grow shop guy recommended the CMH 315. This is not an endorsement. My cabinet temp is steady all year round 66/82. The temp above my light is actually much lower and a clip fan high circulates cooler air down. Just worked perfect for me...organic meds that happen to be monster buds and the best hash ever (I’ve had the best circa 1975 to 1978). I do see LED advantages but cant see changing what works.

I thought about playing with a CMH, but really, I can get a Budget LED panel for a similar price. A hair more, but worth it. Maybe one day I’ll mess with it.

I thought about playing with a CMH, but really, I can get a Budget LED panel for a similar price. A hair more, but worth it. Maybe one day I’ll mess with it.
I just switched from hid to bunger led can't give a honest opinion yet. I vegged with MH then instead of switching to HPS i switched to led when went into flowering. Week three of flower but so far it seems to be working good.

I just switched from hid to bunger led can't give a honest opinion yet. I vegged with MH then instead of switching to HPS i switched to led when went into flowering. Week three of flower but so far it seems to be working good.

I'm running Budget LED's in two tents: (2) 250w Series 3+ Red Spec (3500k) in a 4x4, and (1) 250w Series 2+ Red Spec (3500k) in a 3x3.

I also have a second one of those lights as an on-hand spare.

I really like these lights. I really, really, like these lights. Top notch customer support, the whole shebang. Any time I need a light, I check them first. them being a forum sponsor is also nice. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm also running a Grower's Choice ROI-E680 in my other 4x4 with the RDWC setup. I like this light as well. The coverage on it is so even it's ridiculous (it uses strips instead of boards). I added a controller to it, which is nice. It would be handy as hell with multiple lights, but for a single light it was more "oooooh! new toy!" than actual necessity. It allows for two control groups, sunrise/sunset setting (which is really just a fancy term for turning it up to/down from the current intensity settings over however long you tell it to. So if you were to set the light at 60% in veg, then set sunrise/set for an hour, it would increase from 0%-60% in the morning, at 1%/minute. Reverse that for sunset.

Is that needed or beneficial? Probably not needed, maybe a tad beneficial but full off to full on (and reversed for night) seems to work out just fine for just about everybody. lol

I do use that feature though, since it's there. I set it for a 30 minute interval, although next time I may go for 45 minutes during veg.

Now, I've had an issue with that light, but nothing that anyone not running the controller would notice. It's a semi-long story, but I'll try to keep it short. (Sorry to keep the derail P... lol.)

The light came out the end of May, first of June last year. I got mine the 3rd week of June (from forum sponsor LED Grow Lights Depot, they're awesome, just sayin) last year. Last December I noticed that when the controller had the light off, there was still an extremely faint (won't even register on a light meter it's that faint) glow from the strips. We're talking a fraction of the light from a quarter moon, so nothing terrible. Either way: problem.

So I called and talked to Grower's Choice about it. Each bar has it's own driver, and there's a very small trickle voltage applied to that driver when the unit is turned off (by switch or controller.) Well, in the first production run that trickle voltage "could" leak through and cause that extremely faint glow. They were happy to replace it, but wanted the light shipped back first, then I would have had to wait several weeks for a new one. (They're quite popular, and they seem to have trouble keeping up with the demand I guess.)

Just a couple weeks from flowering, I couldn't do that. So I've waited until the light wasn't being used during the summer down time. Of course I haven't messed with it yet. Honestly, it's not a safety concern, so it isn't a super big deal. I just put the power to the fixture on it's own timer (like you would normally anyway), and kick it on/off 15 minutes before/after the controller would turn it on/off. I could ditch the controller all together, but I'm not sure. The one thing it can do is 1% increments on dimming. Without the controller, you get 0/40/60/80/100 % options. Well, what if I want 50%? Yep, controller. I have been running it at one of those anyway (aside from the two weeks I ran at 105% just for shits and grins, cause I could, lol) so it isn't terrible I guess. I run 40% on babies at 24in, 60% in veg at 24", 100% in flower at 18". The last 2 weeks of flower I drop to 80% at 12" (lower power, but more PPFD) for that last bulk up. Thanks to the evenness of coverage, it lets me do that without sacrificing the footprint. (It's actually rated up to a 5x5 for flower, so being 4x4 helps.)

I'm running Budget LED's in two tents: (2) 250w Series 3+ Red Spec (3500k) in a 4x4, and (1) 250w Series 2+ Red Spec (3500k) in a 3x3.

I also have a second one of those lights as an on-hand spare.

I really like these lights. I really, really, like these lights. Top notch customer support, the whole shebang. Any time I need a light, I check them first. them being a forum sponsor is also nice. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm also running a Grower's Choice ROI-E680 in my other 4x4 with the RDWC setup. I like this light as well. The coverage on it is so even it's ridiculous (it uses strips instead of boards). I added a controller to it, which is nice. It would be handy as hell with multiple lights, but for a single light it was more "oooooh! new toy!" than actual necessity. It allows for two control groups, sunrise/sunset setting (which is really just a fancy term for turning it up to/down from the current intensity settings over however long you tell it to. So if you were to set the light at 60% in veg, then set sunrise/set for an hour, it would increase from 0%-60% in the morning, at 1%/minute. Reverse that for sunset.

Is that needed or beneficial? Probably not needed, maybe a tad beneficial but full off to full on (and reversed for night) seems to work out just fine for just about everybody. lol

I do use that feature though, since it's there. I set it for a 30 minute interval, although next time I may go for 45 minutes during veg.

Now, I've had an issue with that light, but nothing that anyone not running the controller would notice. It's a semi-long story, but I'll try to keep it short. (Sorry to keep the derail P... lol.)

The light came out the end of May, first of June last year. I got mine the 3rd week of June (from forum sponsor LED Grow Lights Depot, they're awesome, just sayin) last year. Last December I noticed that when the controller had the light off, there was still an extremely faint (won't even register on a light meter it's that faint) glow from the strips. We're talking a fraction of the light from a quarter moon, so nothing terrible. Either way: problem.

So I called and talked to Grower's Choice about it. Each bar has it's own driver, and there's a very small trickle voltage applied to that driver when the unit is turned off (by switch or controller.) Well, in the first production run that trickle voltage "could" leak through and cause that extremely faint glow. They were happy to replace it, but wanted the light shipped back first, then I would have had to wait several weeks for a new one. (They're quite popular, and they seem to have trouble keeping up with the demand I guess.)

Just a couple weeks from flowering, I couldn't do that. So I've waited until the light wasn't being used during the summer down time. Of course I haven't messed with it yet. Honestly, it's not a safety concern, so it isn't a super big deal. I just put the power to the fixture on it's own timer (like you would normally anyway), and kick it on/off 15 minutes before/after the controller would turn it on/off. I could ditch the controller all together, but I'm not sure. The one thing it can do is 1% increments on dimming. Without the controller, you get 0/40/60/80/100 % options. Well, what if I want 50%? Yep, controller. I have been running it at one of those anyway (aside from the two weeks I ran at 105% just for shits and grins, cause I could, lol) so it isn't terrible I guess. I run 40% on babies at 24in, 60% in veg at 24", 100% in flower at 18". The last 2 weeks of flower I drop to 80% at 12" (lower power, but more PPFD) for that last bulk up. Thanks to the evenness of coverage, it lets me do that without sacrificing the footprint. (It's actually rated up to a 5x5 for flower, so being 4x4 helps.)
I got @Budget LED lights as well and I Love them. I really like the series 3 full spec. I have 3 350watt series 2 full spec and 3 330watt series 3 full spec. I Really like my series 2 boards but their series 3 boards are really kick ass. I Love how you can change from blue to red and have the UV on or off and Man those new heatsinks are Bad ass, Green like the hulk :high-five:

I've been Rockin' these LOW heat 3500K QB 132's that I put together and the penetration and bud density is really close to HPS size cola's. I need to add some deep red and IR to get them to stretch more during Flip, but they VEG plants fast. First run, the plants spent almost there whole life under the QB's and in 45 days they were flipped and both plants were well over 5 zips each and were switched a little early due to going out of STATE, but that plan was shutdown due to current crisis/conditions(that's life sometimes). I'm dying to SCROG this 2x4 with the QB's(new frame to spread the boards wider, and add the RED/IR boards probably two), I don't see 12 being a problem AT all(not that I'm all about yield, I'm backlogged so it's ALL about quality to me). The bad news is, the tent zippers are getting worse and it's about time to buy a Gorilla I think(I have to run the zipper top to bottom now instead of reverse so unzipping it starts from bottom to the top which is goofy, but it's getting me through my last week of bloom). This tent was always a cheaper option and has done her job exceptionally well over the last 5 or 6 years, but it's time for an overhaul. :volcano-smiley:

I've been Rockin' these LOW heat 3500K QB 132's that I put together and the penetration and bud density is really close to HPS size cola's. I need to add some deep red and IR to get them to stretch more during Flip, but they VEG plants fast. First run, the plants spent almost there whole life under the QB's and in 45 days they were flipped and both plants were well over 5 zips each and were switched a little early due to going out of STATE, but that plan was shutdown due to current crisis/conditions(that's life sometimes). I'm dying to SCROG this 2x4 with the QB's(new frame to spread the boards wider, and add the RED/IR boards probably two), I don't see 12 being a problem AT all(not that I'm all about yield, I'm backlogged so it's ALL about quality to me). The bad news is, the tent zippers are getting worse and it's about time to buy a Gorilla I think(I have to run the zipper top to bottom now instead of reverse so unzipping it starts from bottom to the top which is goofy, but it's getting me through my last week of bloom). This tent was always a cheaper option and has done her job exceptionally well over the last 5 or 6 years, but it's time for an overhaul. :volcano-smiley:
Try to use some pliers and squeeze the zipper back together. That's what Mars told me but I am using the second zipper until that's not working then I will try the plier thing and squeeze the zipper part together. Its worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom