Photos' Strain Creation Journey - You Get To Choose

which male do we use to pollinate the elite Malawi gold Female for our first cross

• Misty

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Bubbas Gift

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 1

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 2

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Mutant platinum huckleberry cookies

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Malawi Gold (Landrace Strain Pure Sativa)
It is also rated highly for depression.

Bubba's Gift (Pure Indica):

I like that Bubba's gift grows short and stout, and the combination of Bubba's gift shorter flowering time (more than half of the time for Malawi) might reduce the longer one for the Malawi Gold?

As was stated earlier, it would be a well rounded cross. Keeping the fruity attributes of both strains would be great.
We have a good blend medically, covering stress/anxiety/depression with one strain and appetite/pain/headaches with another.
With the two of them you should feel relaxed with creativity and an uplifted happy mind and body.

So...my vote is Bubba's Gift. :)
Top top post cannafan , cant argue with a word of it ,thankyou !

Hey Brother, before I vote, I need to ask an important question...

Which characteristics of the MG do you like and are you trying to retain, and which traits are you trying to replace/improve???

Here are the four I'm interested in:

1) Potency/Quality
2) Vigor/Structure
3) Yield
4) # of Days of Flower

Determine which traits you want to replace and find the best pollen donor to give you those "missing" qualities! Just because you cross them, doesn't mean you'll get/keep the qualities you want, so you need to pop many seeds to see if you can get what you're looking for.

:Namaste:

Hey Brother, before I vote, I need to ask an important question...

Which characteristics of the MG do you like and are you trying to retain, and which traits are you trying to replace/improve???

Here are the four I'm interested in:

1) Potency/Quality
2) Vigor/Structure
3) Yield
4) # of Days of Flower

Determine which traits you want to replace and find the best pollen donor to give you those "missing" qualities! Just because you cross them, doesn't mean you'll keep the qualities you want, so you need to pop many seeds to see if you can get what you're looking for.

:Namaste:
thankyou Mr K
i think she is perfect as mg , so perfect of a sativa , early for a mg at 13 weeks , she is super potent ,covered in trichs, nodes could be shorter perhaps , im keeping her around for sure.

if it were just my choice id breed this one for pure potency ,trichs and terps and regardless of even strain name simply pick the stickiest ickiest male with the dank smell to match , because each male independent of what strain it comes from is i believe a phenotype itself yet a micro picture of a place within that strain and that phenotype i believe thats how you get those extra special cuts every now and then ,true freaks maybe ,genetically superior definately yet not totally indicative of all that particular strain has to offer, i gotta say guys , phc 1 is that plant right now ,super sticky and now has intensified her smell she smells like 1000 packets of starburst berry lollies just exploded , stems are sccchhticky !

right now id choose this phc 1 and create a trich monster ,this is def phc 1 im thinking and its no half cut version of it ,at dynasty genetics they speak of this pheno being a complete trich monster giving the buds a melty effect .

that plus the already melty mg i dont think there would be a dry eye in the room !

First off, Canna, thank you for the link in your journal to alert me to this exciting prospect! Photos, what a brilliant idea; I am strapped in for an exciting ride....

WOW, a lot of critical thinking going on here to arrive at a thoughtful decision....you can tell each and every one of you folks are professionals. The power of coming together is at work here and the universe is coming together in perfect alignment....very exhilarating to experience....I need more consideration before I vote.....:cheer:

thankyou Mr K
i think she is perfect as mg , so perfect of a sativa , early for a mg at 13 weeks , she is super potent ,covered in trichs, nodes could be shorter perhaps , im keeping her around for sure.

if it were just my choice id breed this one for pure potency ,trichs and terps and regardless of even strain name simply pick the stickiest ickiest male with the dank smell to match , because each male independent of what strain it comes from is i believe a phenotype itself yet a micro picture of a place within that strain and that phenotype i believe thats how you get those extra special cuts every now and then ,true freaks maybe ,genetically superior definately yet not totally indicative of all that particular strain has to offer, i gotta say guys , phc 1 is that plant right now ,super sticky and now has intensified her smell she smells like 1000 packets of starburst berry lollies just exploded , stems are sccchhticky !

right now id choose this phc 1 and create a trich monster ,this is def phc 1 im thinking and its no half cut version of it ,at dynasty genetics they speak of this pheno being a complete trich monster giving the buds a melty effect .

that plus the already melty mg i dont think there would be a dry eye in the room !

OK, so which one of the males flowers the quickest and has closest to the structure you're looking for? That's the one I'm voting for! :cheer:

You can always cross it again, or back-cross it later to get more trichs assuming you're already happy with the quality/potency.

Photos and all; I am a caregiver with patients, so my mind always lands on them and their ailments, and who would benefit from what strain.....I just voted for Bubba's Gift because that strain could benefit the masses, for sure.....I've seen the Malawi grown on this site over and over and it is just a killer plant; your taste is impeccable by the way....

Where did you source the Malawi Gold?

Hope I get a 13 week pheno in my order.

I've read (and have limited experience with) later flowering males tend to be the better candidates. You can select sibling females that flower off early. I've seen a grower run his strain into the ground selecting early males. Has had to backtrack. All I'm saying is don't count the later males out. I'm sure flower time will get shortened quite a bit before it's done.

I am also looking forward, very much, to how this project goes and the results.

Photos, will you start a new journal for it, or just continue the process here?
prob continue here , in the original spot yet create poll threads for voting on each step

Where did you source the Malawi Gold?

Hope I get a 13 week pheno in my order.

I've read (and have limited experience with) later flowering males tend to be the better candidates. You can select sibling females that flower off early. I've seen a grower run his strain into the ground selecting early males. Has had to backtrack. All I'm saying is don't count the later males out. I'm sure flower time will get shortened quite a bit before it's done.
yeah the male of a particular strain (eg line up 50 bg males flower them all) who drops his load first is usually going to lead to a less potent cross ive found, no idea why , is that what you mean heir

sorry heir i forgot to answer one of your questions.

this Malawi Gold is Seeds of Africa Malawi Gold , seeds are sourced from Africa from the growers not bred by a breeder , this girl was the result of popping 113 seeds, i really cant emphasise how much she stinks and trichs up so early for malawi and heavy glue like trichs ,reminds me of gg trich coverage.

sorry heir i forgot to answer one of your questions.

this Malawi Gold is Seeds of Africa Malawi Gold , seeds are sourced from Africa from the growers not bred by a breeder , this girl was the result of popping 113 seeds, i really cant emphasise how much she stinks and trichs up so early for malawi and heavy glue like trichs ,reminds me of gg trich coverage.

Ah, not the same as what I'm getting, probably. Mine are coming from Seedsman. And I don't have a couple hundred coming either, lol.

Thanks photos

i ordered so many 120 seeds only 113 successfull , i dont ever order this many of a " bred " strain , i order a 10 or 12 pack and make my own seeds , then pheno hunt , but for the malawi hunt my mind was racing with excitement when i found the seeds of africa malawi are actually sourced from various malawi growers.

This got me thinking there would be one grower out there with the real deal , i knew it would be a lottery so i bought as many tickets as i could ,then waited crapping my self at the thought of how many i ordered and what would happen if my partner found out , haha.

she wasnt happy , till we struck gold , now when she looks at it you cant wipe the smile of her face !

OK, so which one of the males flowers the quickest and has closest to the structure you're looking for? That's the one I'm voting for! :cheer:

You can always cross it again, or back-cross it later to get more trichs assuming you're already happy with the quality/potency.

phc 1 and bg mr k

Back
Top Bottom