Photos' Strain Creation Journey - You Get To Choose

which male do we use to pollinate the elite Malawi gold Female for our first cross

• Misty

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Bubbas Gift

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 1

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • platinum huckleberry cookies pheno 2

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Mutant platinum huckleberry cookies

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like it because of the weird leaves, ND the fruity taste he explained would make a great flavor profile
Weird, I'd say twisted. It a good trait to have, sativa. My GG#4 shows it too. I've seen a few twisted leafs breeds out there.

a3d99ee31bf5f60bb8b8a817bebff1df.jpg

I'm loving this journal. It's about to get crazy around here. Just make certain to save your used pollen. It's used to stabilize your offspring. If you use same breed of pollen on crosses, it cuts down on phenotypes.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

definately miller and when/ if we backcross its up to everyone again , im loving it to , feels like im part of a team , the 420team !:circle-of-love:

Hmm to me its about what structure your after! I'm by no means a breeder etc yet forget the end result bud wise and first think of the structure and nodal spacing and the mix of the coming together. So I'd choose something with shorter nodal spacing and more branching :)
Once structure is dealt with then I'd be thinking taste pallet :) So I'd be looking at the balance between sativa traits and indica for a well rounded girl.
So in the short term I'd go bubbas gift! :)

Thanks for the invite bud. I've never bred anything, but I've thought about it of course.

If I were going to breed, I would start with a special african sativa. I see you have that covered already. Then I would look to shorten flowering time, fatten buds and all while trying to keep that espresso buzz african sativas are known for. Afghani would be the obvious choice for a cross, or maybe a nice big yielding stable skunk. I would steer clear of males with a pedigree that is too convoluted. So that kind of rules out the PHK's for me. No mutants for me either thanks. It just doesn't seem right, and I wouldn't trust it in a breeding program. Also, you mention she has a beautiful fruity aroma. I would look to preserve that smell, and maybe even amp it up a little. Here again, afghani would be a good choice for the fruity smell it is known for. I'm rambling. LOL! That leaves the Bubbas Gift and Misty. I need to do some reading first.

I love this.

Disclaimer: I don't actually know what I'm talking about. I can only talk about what makes sense to me, regardless of how it actually works. :)

Ok, so Misty's origins are a bit of a mistery ( :) )

Bubba's gift is well documented, and looks well bred. It has a nice fruity terp profile, with a very short flowering time and supposed big yields of indica buds.

So my vote goes there.

I voted Bubbas Gift. Only on terp profile and yield. I for some reason am against shorter flowering time. I totally believe that the longer it cooks the better it is. I love slow cooked food too, though.
Not to say I don't enjoy the smoke of a faster flower because I certainly do.

Screenshot_2016-08-05-07-43-39.png
Screenshot_2016-08-05-07-44-29.png
Ok, so Misty's origins are a bit of a mistery ( :) )

Bubba's gift is well documented, and looks well bred. It has a nice fruity terp profile, with a very short flowering time and supposed big yields of indica buds.

So my vote goes there.
white widow x northern lights x shiva and is better than and yields more than its parents !

Thankyou Pat im more excited than ever about this ive been thinking long and hard about how to do the most interactive grow as possible one where the decisions could be made democraticaly by us all.

then it hit me ,we make a strain together!

Votes are deadlocked PHC mutant male lets call him wolverine seeming as he has the leaf pattern with 5 votes and the eligible bachelor Mr Bubbas Gift making a dramatic comeback to scoop 5 votes.

photos,

Man, it's a tough call.

Do you know anything about the genes/alleles involved with that mutant? Hetero or Homozygous....dominant or recessive, or co dominant? Any idea how hard it will be to lock in that trait? I'd play with it a little (test crosses) to learn more about that trait before chasing it around in a breeding program.

I'm with LA on the structure building focus with secondary focus on terps. To me the leaves are less important than the base structure and finished product. My top two picks are BG and PHC-P1 for the first cross.

Malawi Gold (Landrace Strain Pure Sativa)
...... weed has a fresh, tropical forest smell and the flavor combines a fruity sweetness with a slight bitterness that is not unpleasing. You may also detect notes of pineapple, lemon and almonds. The soaring high comes on quickly and produces an elevated mood and often laughter, making it a great weed to share with friends. Medically this weed can help with stress and poor appetite.
It is also rated highly for depression.

Bubba's Gift (Pure Indica):

The actual flavour is dominated by exotic and tropical fruit overtones, followed by much more subtle hints of fuel and spice. Overall, many describe the flavour to be like having a pina colada!
Considering Bubba's Gift is a pure indica, the high induced is actually quite mild in terms of body effects. It allows for a soothing, but functional high, allowing you to go about your day. At the same time as it eases aches and pains, it also uplifts the more creative aspects of the mind. As a result, it is quickly becoming a favoured strain for those who are looking for a bit of relief or inspiration combined with functionality.
In the grow room, Bubba's Gift starts out quite slow in life but really picks up steam after a couple of weeks. Being mostly indica, she grows with a short and stout stature, but has great leaf spacing allowing for optimal light penetration. As she flowers — which only takes 45-50 days — she produces extremely frosty, hard, resinous nugs.

I like that Bubba's gift grows short and stout, and the combination of Bubba's gift shorter flowering time (more than half of the time for Malawi) might reduce the longer one for the Malawi Gold?

As was stated earlier, it would be a well rounded cross. Keeping the fruity attributes of both strains would be great.
We have a good blend medically, covering stress/anxiety/depression with one strain and appetite/pain/headaches with another.
With the two of them you should feel relaxed with creativity and an uplifted happy mind and body.

So...my vote is Bubba's Gift. :)

photos,

Man, it's a tough call.

Do you know anything about the genes/alleles involved with that mutant? Hetero or Homozygous....dominant or recessive, or co dominant? Any idea how hard it will be to lock in that trait? I'd play with it a little (test crosses) to learn more about that trait before chasing it around in a breeding program.

I'm with LA on the structure building focus with secondary focus on terps. To me the leaves are less important than the base structure and finished product. My top two picks are BG and PHC-P1 for the first cross.

i know very little about the mutants source of mutanic power haha , and ive been thinking the same ,got to lock those leaves in but will they change ?

bg and phc1 are outstanding choices ,phc one def has trichs covered ! and bg seems a great fit medically and is a pure indica im also drawn to the fact it contains gods gift in its genes .

Back
Top Bottom