Pinky's Fairy Garden - 2x4 Indoor - Soil - LED's - 6 Plants - Grow 3

I have a question. It could be nothing, maybe just newer leaves; should I be concerned that some of Sour D's leaves are turning up like a canoe?
sourDboat.jpg

Sour looks fine, edges turning up could be Mg def, but she looks fine.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hi Pinky,

Have you noticed any of the turned up leaves folding back out? Or are they progressively folding in?

Check the heat, place your hand just above the plants for a few minutes and see if it gets uncomfortable warm there. I don't know how much heat your particular light puts out, but sometimes when you get canoeing it can be caused by the leaves trying to protect themselves by curling inward. Although, the way yours are doing it, seems different than the normal curling I've seen which is usually begun at the edges. If it seems too hot, might be best to put a small fan blowing across between them and the light.

Other than that right now, check what Millertm mentioned. I don't think they look bad, but it's worth a watching.

:thumb:

Hi Pinky,

Have you noticed any of the turned up leaves folding back out? Or are they progressively folding in?

Check the heat, place your hand just above the plants for a few minutes and see if it gets uncomfortable warm there. I don't know how much heat your particular light puts out, but sometimes when you get canoeing it can be caused by the leaves trying to protect themselves by curling inward. Although, the way yours are doing it, seems different than the normal curling I've seen which is usually begun at the edges. If it seems too hot, might be best to put a small fan blowing across between them and the light.

Other than that right now, check what Millertm mentioned. I don't think they look bad, but it's worth a watching.

Good morning Canna! I've been checking on them more than a mom checks on a newborn! They don't feel too warm, but I directed the fan more towards my canoeing girl, so I'll see if that helps. She looks healthy, just want to watch her closely. Thanks so much Canna.

It's starting to get fun now, as they are getting noticeably bigger every day!

I hope things are going well in your neck of the woods! :Namaste::thanks::circle-of-love::thumb:

Going good now Pinky. I got out of Jury duty for the afternoon, thank goodness both sides were happy with morning candidate selections and the rest of us got released. Feel like I just got out of jail. No breaks whatsoever between 8:30 an 12:30 on hard benches. Blech!

Hoooooome, it's such a sweet place to be. LOL

:circle-of-love:

:popcorn: Quite the conversation here ladies. I am your friendly neighborhood voyeur peeking in to see what's happening here. I have found the curling leaves every once in a while with my girls. My cause I attribute to heat because I didn't have a fan blowing in there. I just had a clip on fan and humidity/temp monitor arrive today. My old ones went away to that appliance graveyard in the sky....:rofl:

:popcorn: Quite the conversation here ladies. I am your friendly neighborhood voyeur peeking in to see what's happening here. I have found the curling leaves every once in a while with my girls. My cause I attribute to heat because I didn't have a fan blowing in there. I just had a clip on fan and humidity/temp monitor arrive today. My old ones went away to that appliance graveyard in the sky....:rofl:

Those little Wally World $9.99 clip on fans are great. Every now and then I get one that will quit running, but they are so easy to take apart and "grease the wheels" so to speak, I can make them last a few months longer. I don't feel bad when one finally makes it to the graveyard.

Perfect for a smaller grow area cuz they can be rotated around or up and down, and the clip on is a huge plus.

Hey Pinky!

I have had some curlers too in my time. Always was under the HPS when it was too hot. I think that is where my fan addiction come from these days.

I like the Canoeing term! Those glasses were often used back with the big hot light but the LEDs don't bother me much for some reason. Of course I see green for 5 minutes after leaving the tent, but I just don't pick any paint colors for the house for that time period.

:high-five:
Bob ;)

Back
Top Bottom