PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

This setup essentially grows the clone to get root and it doesn't need transplanting anymore. By setting the pump schedule you can control the amount of water it gets.
I’m going to try this out in my dutch buckets soon. Take a cutting, dip it in clonex, place it in a rapid rooter, then into the dutch bucket. I’m fairly confident it will work well.

Ok so you’re starting unrooted cuttings in your dwc bucket?
The Hydro Clone has already been rotted and it is on .10g of MC with 2ml of hydrozyme
The Hydro Gorilla has not been rooted yet and it is the clay pot getting water. I can see the clay pebbles are wet.

I’m going to try this out in my dutch buckets soon. Take a cutting, dip it in clonex, place it in a rapid rooter, then into the dutch bucket. I’m fairly confident it will work well.
yup, that should work well.

Update | Hydro clones + Hydro Gorilla

2020-10-11 07.22.25.jpg
I've done a number of changes to make this system better. The inline tube that is connected to the pump is now going on the bottom of the mesh pot in a circle and its tied down so it doesn't move up. I also have the hydro clone in a wool cube. I've noticed that there is good amount of water getting mixed with the clay pebbles and the hydro gorilla wool cube gets slightly wet at the bottom.

The feeding schedule is also changed. Now the plants get 1hour of water every 2 hours. I would rather find a timer that can take 30min as my current timer only goes by every hour.
Hydro-Clone on left
ph 6.2 and i adjust every two days.
1.5 ml of hydrozyme
.53g of Mega crop
res temp 70f
temp/RH 74f/40%
Hydro Gorilla on right
Ph 6.5 and i adjust every other day
1.5ml of hydrozyme
NO MC
res temp 70f
temp/RH 74f/40%

Oct 11 Update | Unknown clones
2020-10-09 13.32.03 HDR.jpg

2020-10-09 11.37.38.jpg
With the setup i am looking to finalize on i've purchased another mars-hydro. The SP3000 + the TS1000 have now gotten the place lid up!!

The clones are now in flower week three and on 3.5g of MC. The temps and RH are around 76f to 80f with humidity at 40% to 45%.

I've done a big defoliation and with the two lights now you can see the light shining to the bottom.
I'm not sure yet how fast the top of the soil gets dried since the light can shine all the way through, but i notice it gets dry quickly then i will drop some wood chips or something on top of it.

warz can you explain your method of phing your res water. i noticed you've got ph up/down mixed in the bottles. I take you just squeez some in there and adjust the water. but i just need to figure what level is that water bottle at?

2020-10-15 09.42.09.jpg
2020-10-15 09.42.14.jpg
Any ideas on the light green spotting on the smaller leaves thats on the left hand side pic?
The right pictures has the marks of tip burns, i'll reduce the nutr to 0.3g from 0.5g. do you guys see anything i should do?

I don't know PK, is your ph meter in calibration? I'm not a hydro grower but interested.
Welcome to my nightmare loL!

Looks like nute burn, check PH and lower your nutrient strength. A small plant like that doesn’t need much until it starts to get the roots going good.

The pic on the right has roots and was getting feed 0.5. I will reduce to 0.15g (unknown clone)
The picture on the left has no roots and is getting no nutri except for ph down. (Gorilla glue clone)
both res gets ph adjusted to 6.0
I will change the res water and see how things go, i guess.

in the beging i noticed that the one of the holes on the tube was sticking above the clay pot and it was spitting on the gorilla glue leave. I've adjusted the tube so it is all the way at the bottom of the mesh pot and with that amount of clay it is not coming up. The clay pot is nice and wet and the the pump gets activated for 1 hour after two hours of rest.

The gorilla glue is also in a cube wool vs the unknown clone isn't.

Back
Top Bottom