PotChimp's Side Projects

Drive-by''''

That Haze has a good typical look for that strain............ I've had some great NLites that fox tailed like that

Be safe and Keepem Green

Well, time to put my favorite laboratory test monkey to work! :lot-o-toke:
PotChimp's Unofficial Smoke Report - Carnival:

We've all heard the sandalwood description when people talk about the smell of Hazes. I consider it both a wood and a spice smell together. This pheno has the wood smell more, but the spice smell is there. And that particular smell is about 40%, with 60% of it being lime.
I already burnt a blunt this morning (Cannabis Afghanica x Apollo 13 f2), so my first test is to see if I get higher off smoking another one. :thumb: So far, so good. Kind of like a menthol effect to the inhale. The first few tokes got my attention..... :straightface:

Drive-by''''

That Haze has a good typical look for that strain............ I've had some great NLites that fox tailed like that

Be safe and Keepem Green

Now that I think about it, everything I've grown that has long foxtails turns out to be good pot. :hmmmm:

So ...

... many hours later ...

After the Carnival, did ya think of some stuff you had to do? :laughtwo: Good lookin' herb there. :thumb:

It goes toe to toe with anything I'm keeping so far :cheesygrinsmiley:
On a scale of one to ten, if I had a pot that gave me a six buzz, I took 2/3 of that and added 1/3 of a second pot to it, rolled up a blunt and smoked it, then got a seven (pushing eight) buzz, I'd have to say that it stands to reason the second pot is better than the first. I just did that with some Apollo 13 f2 with this Carnival as the added pot, so there's the second test.
I'll smoke a fatso blunt of it first thing tomorrow morning after four hours of sleep; that's the longest I go without smoking, so after a cup of coffee that'll be a good test too.

Left - five Blackberry Trainwreck plants and one Hippie Killer plant.
Right - six Killer A5 Haze plants:

One of the BT plants is a runt, but the triple node plant I had went back to normal (that's the first time I've ever had this happen):

I've got twelve of my Apollo 13 crosses in veg, and nine of my Chem D crosses in bloom. I'll try to get some more pics up soon.

I'm giving second thought to keeping this LED for bloom. Most of the poor growth with these plants (and the dead leaves) are because of rough conditions due to me. They were over two feet tall in a 4" pot, weak and yellowed up, and I put most of them straight into a 2 gallon pot then right into bloom without a chance to grow or recover. You can see it with the Headbanger f2 plant in the background; the bud itself is a Chocolope plant:

I'd say that turned down as far as I have it, I'm getting about the same as I would with a 400w HPS. Not bad, considering this LED is probably only running about 200w. This Ghost Train Haze #1 plant is the best example; the same size as every one of them I grew under a 400w HPS:

I'll try a few more of these Mendocino Purple Kush plants under it, but this plant doesn't have the color that the plants grown under a CMH do (one of the plants that had a rough start into bloom):

That's strange, because these GDP S1 crosses in with them kept their color:

I'm going to replace my 200w CFL with their 90w LED this week. I'll be able to switch my locker over from veg to bloom that way and not run the electric bill up as much.

I'll try to find a mother from those Chem D plants above, then grow twelve Chem D v1.1 seeds I bred out later to find a father.
Here's my veg tent. It's packed:

They're hard to see (until I move some plants out soon and make some room), but there's six Nevil's Haze x Apollo 13 f2 plants and six Apollo 13 f3 plants. The same thing is happening to them; 4" pots, getting 2' tall, and nowhere to move anything to:

I'm keeping them healthy for the moment, but it's not gonna last.

I'll try to find a mother from those Chem D plants above, then grow twelve Chem D v1.1 seeds I bred out later to find a father.
Here's my veg tent. It's packed:

They're hard to see (until I move some plants out soon and make some room), but there's six Nevil's Haze x Apollo 13 f2 plants and six Apollo 13 f3 plants. The same thing is happening to them; 4" pots, getting 2' tall, and nowhere to move anything to:

I'm keeping them healthy for the moment, but it's not gonna last.

I've been running into the same issue with my vegging plants while waiting for my flowering ones to finish. Not the ideal solution, but I "top" the heck out of the plants and it seems to help keep their height at bay... My most current project, Orange FPOG got to 4' in 2 gallon pots in veg, so I cut them literally in half. They are now doing fine and growing leaves back but the height progression has slowwed significantly. Hope it helps :)

If worse comes to worse, I've considered doing the same. I should be able to squeeze a few of those plants into my bloom tents, though.
Ghost Train Haze #1:

Apollo 13 f2:

I need to use less chicken manure with these Carnival plants. They seems to be sensitive to nutes:

I just finished putting up a new 3' x 3' tent (the zipper broke on my old one) and replacing my 200w CFL with a 100w LED. I'll get some pics up later after I do a temperature test to see if the locker it's in stays cool enough to use. I've got good airflow, but the driver on this light isn't detachable.

Especially for this time of year.
I rerouted the duct going to the locker it's in, and there's better airflow now. That might help to keep this setup in the low 80s on really hot days. I put two Mendocino Purple Kush plants and a GTH#1 plant under it to get them started in bloom this morning. I won't keep them in there because they're almost 12" from the light already, even though neither one stretches that much.

A male and female plant fit in this locker just right, so it's good for breeding. It should work out better, now that I have a stronger light. That CFL wasn't bad, but it was about 4 years old and pretty dim. Here's those plants I put in for now:

I'll transplant them into 2 gallon pots and cut off all those skinny branches tomorrow. I especially have to watch that on these MPKs; they get tons of 'em.

A male and female plant fit in this locker just right, so it's good for breeding. It should work out better, now that I have a stronger light. That CFL wasn't bad, but it was about 4 years old and pretty dim. Here's those plants I put in for now:

I'll transplant them into 2 gallon pots and cut off all those skinny branches tomorrow. I especially have to watch that on these MPKs; they get tons of 'em.

Was just thinking about making something exactly like this for the same purpose lol
12x12x36" sized "locker" running off 25w led.

Back
Top Bottom