ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

PURPLE PUNCH
STRAIN REVIEW

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me....some Purple Punch from Barneys Farm. Hey 420. Tonight's review is of the first and only hydro plant in this series of reviews. I have to hold my hand up and say that I didn't do the best with this plant. There were a few problems related to my competence around DWC and the plant received a bit of a thrashing because of it. We made it to the end though with some good results. The yield was effected and I didn't harvest as much as I would have liked but overall and under the circumstances I think we did ok. The plant had vigorous growth in veg and was quick to recover from training when she was healthy. The leaves were big and had a classic indica look to them. Once flowering was initiated she began to stretch and became a bit lanky but also quote strong. I made the mistake of believing that the branches would have enough strength to support the flowers later in the grow. Boy was I wrong. The plant was of a medium size and had quite a lot of branches as it was trained to do so. Flowering started off well and then slowly problems began to emerge. I believe that it all came down to the poor condition of the roots which had began to rot earlier in the grow. I thought that it was under control after I started using H2O2 in the res but the problem returned and remained for the rest of the flowering period. There were a couple times when I didn't think that the plant was going to make it but she battled on and crossed the finish line. She had a lot of yellowing in places but there was also the most beautiful fading that had spread over the much of the plant. It was like there were yellow and black chevrons in places. The buds on this plant are the densest that I currently own and have a decent covering of frost. The smell is also incredible and has some gassy notes to it. It's like a quality OG Kush or something similar. I had imaginedthat this would have been a fruity strain but this pheno has more floral and woody notes. The taste is a mix of aniseed, pine and some fuel funk. The flavours change as the joint burns down and by the end it feels very oily. It's definitely one of my favourites out of the strains I currently have. The smoke is quite heavy and can tickle the back of your throat. It doesn't make me cough much more than normal but the feeling is there. The effects are strong and I actually felt like I had a bit of a sway to my movements. It has the walking through treacle feeling and can make your body feel heavy and weak. It started off quite warm and giggly but before long everyday activities seem like ordeals. Zoning out or disassociation was common for me as I found myself often snapping out of a daydream. It's appetite stimulating but I often found that I forgot that I was hungry after a few moment of deciding that I was hungry. I did improve the experience of food once I did decide to finally eat something. It really is very lazy weed. Perfect for frantic minds and helps me with anxiety. Time seems to fly past and before you know it it's time for bed and you're left wondering where the evenings gone. Just like tonight. I wish I had done a better job with this one as the smoke is fantastic and looks very tasty. The nugs are solid and very greasy and it smells and tastes great. Next time I'll get it right and see what this stain is capable of. If I can improve on what was achieved this time then I'll be very happy indeed. Really nice strain. Time for the pics....

I do know about reserva privata, me gusta!! Nice one Prof, you’re making me jealous left and right! I did get a lil more Tina just today for a bday present. What can I say, Mr H knows me well, or else he just wants me to go to sleep. o_O
Sounds like he wants the evening all to himself. If Mrs F wants to sleep then she makes me roll her a joint before bed. Shes unconscious right now and I'm fighting to stay awake because our daughter is up causing havoc lol.
Now that I have read these reviews in rapid succession, I have come to the definite conclusion that you should write strain reviews for money. SweetSue is getting paid to write for a blog, you should certainly write for seedbank/breeders sites.

:welldone:
That sounds like a dream job right there. I'd like the kids to be out of nappies before I take on anymore responsibilities I've decided. I wonder if In House Genetics need any reviews done?

These are the freebies @Heavenly Hybrid. There's a couple Barneys strains to add to the Barneys thread plus a few others I like the look of. The Crumbled Lime has my attention and so does the Kilimanjaro pure sativa. That Dinafem Critical Jack is calling to me as well....

World of Seeds Pure Origin Collection Kilimanjaro x2 Reg

Delicious Seeds Caramelo x2 Reg

Barneys Farm Seeds Cookies Kush

Pheno Finder Seeds Simple Wedding Cake S1

Dinafem Seeds Critical Jack

Reserva Privada Kandy Kush

Humboldt Seed Organization Blue FIRE

G13 Labs Seeds Pineapple Express #2

T H Seeds Gelato 33 x French Cookies aka French Macaron

G13 Labs Seeds AUTO Fro-Yo

Humboldt Seed Organization FAST FLOWERING OGKZ

Dutch Passion Seeds C-Vibez

Pheno Finder Seeds Do Z Dos

Karma Squad Seeds Crumbled Lime x2 Reg

Barneys Farm Seeds G13 Haze

Dinafem Seeds Blueberry Cookies

Kannabia Seeds Sativa Dream aka LOL

Strain Hunters Seedbank Seeds Big Tooth

Now that I have read these reviews in rapid succession, I have come to the definite conclusion that you should write strain reviews for money. SweetSue is getting paid to write for a blog, you should certainly write for seedbank/breeders sites.

:welldone:
What Shed said! ^^^ 100%
Aaand your resume is already done! Cut and paste job. ;)

Nice freebies Prof! I’m liking the looks of critical jack, Caramelo (yum), and the crumbled lime too. Good luck with your lil ankle biter.:goodluck:

What Shed said! ^^^ 100%
Aaand your resume is already done! Cut and paste job. ;)

Nice freebies Prof! I’m liking the looks of critical jack, Caramelo (yum), and the crumbled lime too. Good luck with your lil ankle biter.:goodluck:
Lol. Lil ankle biter has just gone to sleep and it's nearly 2am. Time to go and get an hour long nap.
:passitleft:

Well I decided to get some seeds and made use of some early Christmas deals.

I purchased 7 individual Exotic Genetix seeds and will hopefully receive 21 free seeds with the order. The Exotic Genetix seeds I have ordered are....

Double D's....GMO x Tina
Wonka Bars....GMO x Mint Chocolate Chip
Chromatose....Platinum White x Orange Vally OG
Cream D' Mint....Cookies and Cream x Mint Chocolate Chip
Shaved Monkey....GG4 x Tina
Crunk Boat....Grape Bubba x Tina
Hoe Down....Dosi x Tina

There you go @Heavenly Hybrid! We have a few Tina crosses to investigate.

Tonight's strain review will be of the Purple Punch which I'll be doing shortly. Catch y'all in a bit
:passitleft:

This is such a cool journal!

I'm gonna root for Saved Monkey this time because GG#4 is on my ToGrow list ...

And I gotta say people are getting pretty good with the strain names ...

These are the freebies @Heavenly Hybrid. There's a couple Barneys strains to add to the Barneys thread plus a few others I like the look of. The Crumbled Lime has my attention and so does the Kilimanjaro pure sativa. That Dinafem Critical Jack is calling to me as well....

Our local hydroponics shop sells Dinafem and HSO right now ... so I'm voting for Critical Jack & Blue Fire for sure ...

Is Pinapple Express any good? Or is it just famous because of the movie?

This is such a cool journal!

I'm gonna root for Saved Monkey this time because GG#4 is on my ToGrow list ...

And I gotta say people are getting pretty good with the strain names ...
Why thank you Guy. The shaved monkey sounds like a good one to back. I'm still going for Double D's as it has GMO in it. Apparently the GMO has garlic terps which is what I'm after.
Our local hydroponics shop sells Dinafem and HSO right now ... so I'm voting for Critical Jack & Blue Fire for sure ...

Is Pinapple Express any good? Or is it just famous because of the movie?
Dinafem has never let me down so I expect good things from anything I get from them. Jack Herer x Critical can only be a good thing lol. I really wanted to get a Jack Herer from Sensi Seeds but it's one of their most expensive strains. The regs are a lot more expensive than the fems as well which is frustrating but hey ho.

I've only tried one Pineapple Express which was the Fastbuds version and it was quite tasty. Solid plant as well. I remember it being very green and looking really bright compared to all the other plants at the time. I think that the movie is named after the strain. I read that once but can't remember where.

SHISHKABERRY
STRAIN REVIEW

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me....some Shishkaberry from Barneys Farm. Hey everybody. We've made it to the final review so kick back and light one up. The Shishkaberry is a 100% indica and is a short and heavy yielding plant. Its genes are Blueberry x Afghan. This plant has excellent growth during veg and was my most vigorous plant. I cut her back to try and slow her down to allow for the other plants to catch up a bit but she always recovered and caught up again. It's a wide growing plant with plenty of side branching. I had to remove a lot of this plant during the grow as she was so bushy and started to tie herself up. There's were budsites touching budsites all throughout the core of this plant so I removed many to help with the air circulation and to prevent mould. Once she was flipped to 12/12 the plant filled out very quickly but had little stretch. The leaves were of a light green and very small amd pointy looking. It was a pretty plant which looked very delicate with small budsites covering most of the stems. There were a lot of budsites on this plant and it became very busy by the end. The flowers grew large and chunky with a good density to them. They ended up becoming the largest buds from the Barneys round of plants. Because there was a good amount of bud this plant actually had the highest yield. The buds were large, greasy and covered in a good layer of frost. They were very sticky and the lower buds were annoying to trim. The tops were fantastic though and were nice and easy to harvest. The smell of this strain at harvest was quite fruity and had some sour notes. It's a bit like children's cough syrup mixed with weed. The flavour is pretty good. It has less of a fruit kick than the smell though there is some citrus fruit in there. It has a good dose of hash and has some spicy notes. It burns really well and each toke is felt as your body slowly relaxes. It's a good example of an indica as it can cause a nice happy feeling with some mild relaxation that then leads into a full blown stone with energy sapping and mind dulling effects. I gave me a tingly feeling across my shoulders and down my spine that felt warming. It didn't make me feel particularly creative or thoughtful but music felt great to listen to and the flavour of food was definitely enhanced. Also I noticed that it made me feel the cold more so I felt the need to wrap up warm and didn't like going out in the bad weather. Overall this strain impressed me quite a bit. Massive yields of potent bud with great bag appeal. Very easy strain to grow so beginner friendly and very rewarding for little effort. Strong indica effects make this strain a good medical strain for those in need of relaxation of the mind and body. Really enjoyed growing this one. It's time to chill....

I can see a few comparative grows on the cards. :D

I can see a few comparative grows on the cards. :D
Fancy that. We have the same seeds lol. Mine turned up today so I'm stocked back up and ready for 2020. I'll post some pics later on of everything. Now that the reviews are finished I'm going to do a full growroom update and get back on the Barneys thread. The Tropicanna Banana is killing it! It's an awesome plant during veg.

I’ll be interested what you think of the French Macaron. If you hurry up and grow it I can just copy and paste your smoke report to the end of my journal! Lol

I was wondering where that post went. Hey that Gorilla Zkittles is some good stuff. I blame it on her....

This is the journal I was very behind on. All caught up now.

I’ll be interested what you think of the French Macaron. If you hurry up and grow it I can just copy and paste your smoke report to the end of my journal! Lol
Lol! It's gonna be a little while but I do like the look of that one. I've still not had anything with Platinum in the genes
I was wondering where that post went. Hey that Gorilla Zkittles is some good stuff. I blame it on her....

This is the journal I was very behind on. All caught up now.
that GZ was some lovely smoke. I completely understand.

I'm behind on almost everyone's journals but I intend to catch up on the weekend. I am going Christmas shopping so I'll probably go mad and need to read through some journals to bring me back to earth.
So glad you got this sorted before the end of the year. :yahoo:
What I did was just add an extra year to the year that I thought it was. I know how to beat my own brain

Hey 420. Well first off, thanks for putting up with the strain reviews. It was good fun and now that it's over it's back to business. Mrs F has gone to her work Christmas party so I'm free to do things in the grow room if I don't fall asleep or wake the kids. There's been a couple developments so let's see where we're at shall we....
ORG_DSC08731.JPG

The veg tent now looks like this. I ditched the original mothers and started again with the clones so I can now fit everything on this single tray. The Hashplant D's are looking great but another one has to go. It has a lot of male flowers appearing all over it so we're down to eight now....
ORG_DSC08732.JPG
ORG_DSC08734.JPG
ORG_DSC08735.JPG

The male....
ORG_DSC08736.JPG
ORG_DSC08737.JPG
ORG_DSC08738.JPG
ORG_DSC08739.JPG

The new clone mothers are growing normally now except for Lil Mother HH who's still settleing in....
ORG_DSC08733.JPG

The Wilma grow isn't going quite as planned and the clones didn't like the move to the pebbles very much. Almost all of their original growth has died and the new growth is slow to come through. There is new growth though so I'm just going to observe them for now. Ironically Lil HH in here is now the healthiest and growing the most noticeably. I said to Penny that I'd definitely be flowering these in less than 2 weeks. I may have lied....
ORG_DSC08740.JPG

Black Kush (Lil HH)....
ORG_DSC08741.JPG

Pineapple Express....
ORG_DSC08742.JPG

Fat Purple....
ORG_DSC08743.JPG

Purple Trainwreck....
ORG_DSC08744.JPG

Back
Top Bottom