Purple Kush In NorCal

I just love that grow room , bEauiful sir!!!:clap::clap::clap:
:popcorn:
Thanks Haze, just wish it was bigger, but isn't that everybody's lament?
got in on the ground level this time! yessss!
Glad to have you along Wheelo.
Best of luck with your new strain.
Plants are looking vigorous. + reps
Thanks tricome.
Looking good swampgas +reps. Glad I caught this one early. Looking forward to following another of your grows.
Thanks man, glad to have you along.
Beautiful strain you guys picked out, best of luck with it:peace:
Thanks siscokid. The strain is new to us, but so far, it's been pretty easy to take care of.
Just finished a run of PK.......huge buds!
Would love to see some pics of your buds, do you have a journal?
Swamp, Looking fuller all the time. I am anxious and patiently waiting for the PK to ignite the room in blissfull smells of sweet pungent aromatic scents of titillations for the nose.. OKOKOK,, it's Sunday am and I need my PK fix.. must settle on some MK Ultra today though..
Cherma, If I had half your gardening skills, I'd be a very happy man.
:popcorn:
I'm in, loved your last garden swampgas.
Thanks Soniq420, you and the rest of the staff here at 420 Magazine have been awesome.
Im subscribed...Mmm, purple kush, sounds amazing!
Glad you're in berrydizzle, we like the sound of it too, I hope it's a winner.
:popcorn: I'm in as well. What's the expected harvest time, around Thanksgiving?
Hey munki, glad you're in. I'm thinking early November.
Off to a great start again I see. Cant wait to see what you do with these ladies this time. Great job again.
Thanks sonzor, it should be fun.
looks like a great start, my pk's are one week into flower and are busy as hell and 21'' might be tight in there. When will you flower? cant wait to see if mine look the same. So far they are.
Would love to see pictures whistler, do you have some I can check out? We don't really plan a date to put them into flower, one day we just decide it's time and we switch them into 12/12.
this is going to be fun!
have you considered a perpetual journal at all?
good luck growing!
Thanks notreallyhere. A pertetual journal? Nope, hadn't thought of that.
quite high on my pk gro that just dried......:bongrip:kwyt hi now as a matter of fakt......
Nice man, glad to hear good reports about the strain.

Update:

The girls are doing well and are putting on a growth spurt since transplanting. We had a minor recurrence of spider mites a few days ago, but we think we have them under control once again. God, I hate those things.

Julie says to thank everyone for the kind words, she is excited about the new grow. I'll try to sneak her in every chance I get.

Here are tonight's pics. We topped them a week or so ago and they are branching nicely now. The hps tends to wash out the color, I'll try to get some under more natural light next time.
1593Small.jpg

1596Small.jpg

1600Small.jpg

1595Small.jpg

Here is the lone surviving Caramelicious clone. Not sure just yet what our plans are for her, but you can believe that we will come up with something. That strain was pretty good to us.
1597Small.jpg

In three hours I finally read all of your journals and up to date! Tagging along.

***On your second cycle what do you think was the cause to the low weight per plant? I say it was overcrowded but I'd like to know your opinion. Thanks***

swampgas: You could let the carmel grow into a little bonsai mom, and start building from the PK. There is an excellent tutorial (salvaged from the late overgrow.com) about the process which can be easily found with google (or bing, or what have you) by typing 'bonsai mom'.

I've been using the technique since january, and have had great results. at this point I have a fully established BB, and a youngish WW, each of which will give 15-20 cuttings every two weeks, in a 1' cubic area each.

My favorite part about the whole thing is the idea of having a lamp specifically for moms, so that when cutting clones, you have choices. A closet with every strain you've ever grown.... Eventually, you could run a few strains at once, or if NOTHING else, you wouldn't have to pay $20 / clone.

WOW!!!!!!!!! Growing like weeds I see, Great job, Looking very healthy.
Thanks sonzor. Yep, just like weeds.
In three hours I finally read all of your journals and up to date! Tagging along.
***On your second cycle what do you think was the cause to the low weight per plant? I say it was overcrowded but I'd like to know your opinion. Thanks***
Glad to have a fellow NorCal brother along.
Yes, overcrowding, less light penetration, spider mites and not as much co2, were all contributing factors.
swampgas: You could let the carmel grow into a little bonsai mom, and start building from the PK. There is an excellent tutorial (salvaged from the late overgrow.com) about the process which can be easily found with google (or bing, or what have you) by typing 'bonsai mom'.

I've been using the technique since january, and have had great results. at this point I have a fully established BB, and a youngish WW, each of which will give 15-20 cuttings every two weeks, in a 1' cubic area each.

My favorite part about the whole thing is the idea of having a lamp specifically for moms, so that when cutting clones, you have choices. A closet with every strain you've ever grown.... Eventually, you could run a few strains at once, or if NOTHING else, you wouldn't have to pay $20 / clone.
Thanks for the tip notreallyhere. I checked out the bonsai moms and thought it was a great idea. I tried to get my grow partner onboard, but he seemed somewhat less than interested. He may come around though, he just needs to feel like it was his idea. Ha.
count me in for this grow, I had an oaksterdam Purple Kush clone also but had to trash it when i had to end my grow early. Im curious to see what I missed out on
Sorry about your Purple Kush Stizz1e, I hope you try again.

Update:

I took a few pics without the hps on, but the flash on the camera still doesn't give the true colors. I need to invest in a tripod. Anyway, here they are.
1605Small.jpg

1603Small.jpg

1604Small.jpg

I posted a picture once before of our 'rhubarb' plant and thought I'd give an update. It's actually an F-13 and looks really cool. Here's how it looked today.
1621Small.jpg

1620Small.jpg

Here's our Sour Diesel, she's looking pretty cool too.
1611Small.jpg

1618Small.jpg

Very nice swampgas, Nice clean room too...WTG..

Love the colour of the Rhubarb plant. Will colour into the buds?
Yeah, she's cool looking. I'm not sure what to expect from her, I'll keep you posted though
Very nice swampgas, Nice clean room too...WTG..
Thanks moslowjj
:goodjob: Will be following along ....enjoyed your last grow :yummy:
Thanks Tunes420

Update:

We put the girls into 12/12 yesterday, so things should start to get exciting here pretty soon.

Here's a couple of shots I took tonight.
1628Small.jpg

1627Small.jpg

1629Small.jpg

As always Swamp very green and healthy looking. I am anxious to view the PK. It is really hard growing those over here. The outdoor rheubarb should be an exciting array of colorful flowers. Sheeit on the White Files / Knats / shitty ickies.
Should we see more Julie in the upcoming months my wife says she is jealous and has 2 tickets to paradise.
I am so happy for you that you can just walk in to "Oaksterdam" pick up and pick put clones, go home, and grow them. That is how it is supposed to be.
I give my respect to all of those Cannabis Warriors who have helped make that reality a possibilty for you and so many others.

Back
Top Bottom