31 Jul 14, Thursday

Week 2, Day 6

Evening....
Air=84
RH=43
PH=6.0
PPM=465
Res Temp=78

So first the numbers. My highs and lows since Wednesday morning....

Air=81-90
RH=33-45

PH was probably around the 6.0 range and res temp was around 80-83. Ice bottles added to res when I got home and now the temp is at 75.

PPM is around 460-465, checked it several times and averaged it. Going up instead of down. Is she feeding??? Got to be. Roots are nice and continue to fill the res. Not going to worry about PPM since it seems to fit into my schedule of changing res out every other week unless PPM levels drop drastically.

She is clearly reaching for the lights. Now this may be a result of lights on. She's been in lights out since 1200 and when the lights come back on at 1800 she immediately reaches for it. No noticeable signs of nutrient issues....at least none I need to worry about at this time.

So nearing the end of the second week the plant needs to be topped. She's at the 5th node with the 6th pop'n it's head out. Keeping with our plans we top'd her at the 3rd node. And side shoots are clearly visible at the 3rd node as expected.

At this point the only question is....what do I do about the lower growth? I know it must go but when?

Keep the fans but cut the shoots...

Pics to follow....

This is what she looked like Wednesday morning....

2014-07-30_04_22_37.jpg

2014-07-30_04_22_57.jpg

2014-07-30_04_23_15.jpg

High dear friend,

Ouch this bottle looks gooooood !!!! i should try this one. i'll be on st marteen so and will try to find some

healthy and beautiful grow mate, did you left a bit more than normal when you cutted your baby ?

Very happy to follow u again :ganjamon:

02 Aug 14, Saturday

Week 3, Day 1

Morning....
Air=84
RH=46
PH=5.4
PPM=478
Res Temp=76

Added 1 gallon of PB nutrients at GH's week 2 schedule. Also added 1ml of CALiMAGic and 1ml of PH down. Then took out 1 gallon of water from res before adding fresh nutrients.

A little note about Nirvana's BlueMystic seeds. Plant seems to be a very good candidate for Fluxing. Even at this stage the node spacing is very close compared to other seedlings I've seen. I was practicing node spacing techniques even at this stage so not sure if that had anything to do with it. All I know is the spacing before topping was 5-6 nodes within an inch or two. Also, the stalk at this stage seems to be thicker then what I've seen in the past.

The stats on BlueMystic are.....

Nirvana Blue Mystic was especially selected for its soft blue hues, which appear roughly halfway into flowering. Blue Mystic grows in a very similar manner to Northern Light, showing all the desirable qualities of that marijuana strain, with the added appeal of its own colorful appearance and the faintly berry-like aftertaste of its smoke. Compared to many other marijuana strains, Blue Mystic maintains a neutral smell while growing.

White Strain, Yes
Feminzed Seeds, Yes
Medical Use, No
Effect, Stoned (Body Buzz, Relaxing Effect)
Flowering Period, 7-9 weeks
Average Yield, 350-450 a gram in SOG/SCROG
Flavor, Fruity, Herbal
Plant Height, Short
Cultivation, Indoor
Plant Type, Predominantly Indica

Which is why I chose this one this go round.

And now the morning pics....

2014-08-02_10_15_13.jpg

2014-08-02_10_17_24.jpg

2014-08-02_10_19_33.jpg

2014-08-02_10_19_18.jpg

2014-08-02_10_15_37.jpg

I welcome comments on defol for tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I will be away from her all week. Which puts me on edge. Not that she won't survive without me but that she may get beyond Fluxing control. So I may do some extra harsh defol in the morning.

The Flux arms just may be beyond what I can do with her. But then some gentle abuse may be necessary.

looking good Renegade :thumb:
you still using that small res thing? I forget what it was

I've got something that turns in my mind when you talk about short node, it's comes from the reading of an Icemud Topîc about light penetration and the fact that short internode can prevent finally new shoots to grow quickly, short nodes involve that up leaves are covering lower new shoots so not an optimum light penetration as a consequence. (Plant lighting and Penetration, what does this mean exactly?)

What do you think about that ??

Moreover i can say that my lady fluxed ends are very closed to each other and for light management it"s not so easy. Each leave is "glued" to another and often making shadow to little ones.

I think i won't flux new baby as it's the same strain and will try on an original Amnesia seed which is sativa dominant just to compare this point

Good luck my friend, a glass of an old damoiseau rum for you !

Hi Renegade69,

What did you mean "I was practicing node spacing techniques even at this stage..."? What techniques are those?

Your girl is looking great. Really nice new growth where you topped her. Loving the pics.

Trust me, as long as she gets stripped of all unwanted growth beforehand, she should be just fine for a week! :) you will have a little work to do once back but some tough love and your flux will be set! :)

My man....LOL. Glad you piped in, was gonna defol in the morning without your guidance. I'm gonna strip everything below the flux arms in the morning. I'll post pics of before and after. Come to think of it before pics first, then morning run and then defol. Hopefully I will hear from some of you before defol.

This is what she looks like now.....

2014-08-02_22_51_18.jpg

2014-08-02_22_51_04.jpg

2014-08-02_22_50_32.jpg

I was thinking everything but the arms and the fans were the arms are coming out????

Already got her rope and noose around her neck and will leave it loose till I return.

Sprite, as for node spacing....the man above (not way above, just above in this thread...LOL) can give a better explanation of node spacing technique. But basically you want to gently separate the two growths down and away from each other to allow light to reach in between them where the next shoots begin to emerge. This process speeds up the development of new growth thus creating nodes sooner.

How'd I do Professor....LOL.

looking good Renegade :thumb:
you still using that small res thing? I forget what it was

LMAO.... Was about to go to bed till I saw this.

Shame on you Cronic....LOL.

I've graduated from the AG....

It's now a .........BP6. Can't say the name because they are not a sponsor....LOL.

6 gallon res with 6 pod lid.

Back
Top Bottom