Renegade's Hydro Flux - Featuring TwiLight Group's 432 Watt Spider COB LED

I've got something that turns in my mind when you talk about short node, it's comes from the reading of an Icemud Topîc about light penetration and the fact that short internode can prevent finally new shoots to grow quickly, short nodes involve that up leaves are covering lower new shoots so not an optimum light penetration as a consequence. (Plant lighting and Penetration, what does this mean exactly?)

What do you think about that ??

Moreover i can say that my lady fluxed ends are very closed to each other and for light management it"s not so easy. Each leave is "glued" to another and often making shadow to little ones.

I think i won't flux new baby as it's the same strain and will try on an original Amnesia seed which is sativa dominant just to compare this point

Good luck my friend, a glass of an old damoiseau rum for you !

Tad my friend you've done your homework. I gave Sprite an explanation before seeing this and it's spot on....so that means I know something about what I'm talking about....LOL.

"Jack of all trades and master at None"

Good night all....

ah im using a Rubbermaid tub holding 6 gallons w/4 netpots only using 3 tho but I don't normally use that cause I don't like tangled roots
but since its only for my seed project im using it

Before the hair salon....

2014-08-03_08_15_40.jpg

2014-08-03_08_15_53.jpg

Be back after 5...who am I kinding....if I'm lucky 2-3....LOL.

The nooses you've put on your soon to be flux arms, is it tight? You don't want to crush the new growth. If it was my plant I'd remove it & train when you return :)

Very loose Skunny. They always are. But may go with your advice and remove them or leave them very loose. She may bolt in growth while I'm away.

And I do have plenty of rubber ties like everyone is using so training will not be a problem.

ah im using a Rubbermaid tub holding 6 gallons w/4 netpots only using 3 tho but I don't normally use that cause I don't like tangled roots
but since its only for my seed project im using it

Let's be honest, all the res's are Rubbermaid of sorts...LOL.

Early one I was questioning how many should be grown in a tub and it seemed to be the general consensus 2-3 gallons per plant. That's why I like Tad's res and GHE's water farm. the GHE has a 15L (3 gallon) setup that I like. Remember the AG, it was only a 1 gallon res....more or less and the root ball was just that a ball. Explains a lot about the plant's final size.

That and this flux'n chiller.

Tangled roots are and will be a problem with multiple plants. And with the GHE I can put 2-3 of them in my cabinet.

As I'm an extreme nut at this treat em mean stuff, I'd take all lower off and then even the fans at top level. Be very gentle and get close into stem. This will create less resistance in the flux joint. As by getting right in there your creating space for the flux arms to drop into perfect joint position. As your away they would grow up and then start hopefully to drop down into position as they gain weight! :) :)

As I'm an extreme nut at this treat em mean stuff, I'd take all lower off and then even the fans at top level. Be very gentle and get close into stem. This will create less resistance in the flux joint. As by getting right in there your creating space for the flux arms to drop into perfect joint position. As your away they would grow up and then start hopefully to drop down into position as they gain weight! :) :)

Being a Dom by nature I have to agree with the extreme stuff....LOL.

And this is what she looked like after the hair cut but will go back and cut those fans as well. I completely understand the comment about them growing and dropping into position.

I was going to leave those fans but pull them down like they are in the picture. They are even lower then that....tips are just touching the lid.

If your still here let me know what you think. I'll wait till about 1200 before making that final cut.

Pics of the after....

2014-08-03_10_50_37.jpg

2014-08-03_10_51_00.jpg

Wow, very extreme cut, thanks for the good job renegade and thanks to LA for advices. let's see what's next :ganjamon:

Wow, very extreme cut, thanks for the good job renegade and thanks to LA for advices. let's see what's next :ganjamon:

Actually Tad, IMHO it's text book. If I were there during the week we would be pulling those arms down and into position. As it stands now it will be some serious tortur when I return on Friday.

That stalk is going to be key for me. Nice and thick. She wil be able to handle the torchor.

Wow, what a haircut! I hope she didn't cry seeing all of her pretty long locks laying on the floor (lid). :winkyface: I'm so curious to see how long her new locks will get while you're gone.

Have a great and productive week.

I think you'll find it will still be quite supple but if it does toughen up you can pinch bend the arms so they don't snap. :)

Yep, already been thinking about that. I pinched and rolled the last plant a lot. Hopefully a little at a time spread out thru the weekend will do just fine.

Great discussion, learn something here~ :thumb:

Being a Dom by nature I have to agree with the extreme stuff....LOL.

And this is what she looked like after the hair cut but will go back and cut those fans as well. I completely understand the comment about them growing and dropping into position.

I was going to leave those fans but pull them down like they are in the picture. They are even lower then that....tips are just touching the lid.

If your still here let me know what you think. I'll wait till about 1200 before making that final cut.

Pics of the after....

2014-08-03_10_50_37.jpg

2014-08-03_10_51_00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom