Damnn couple days Ive missed A LOT!

Those leaves coated with trichomes :drool:also theres quite milky ones already!

Hope youve got everything fine brother!

i do the same. i grow multiple strains and try to shoot for common ground on nute levels.
That's actually reassuring to be honest. It was the best way forward I could think of without risking causing problems for the other two.
sometimes one or two just won't work with you as much as you'd like

using organic based nutes and / or jack's or MC helps a long way but it's still a dance. i mostly let the dicey ones ride it out.
Jack's is on my "really want to try" list. And I will be investing in some at some point. With this being a sponsored run, I played it safe and stuck with what I knew I could work with and get results. After the last MC debacle of mine, the bag is currently being used for veggies. And possibly in an upcoming soil grow over the winter.
I know it's not the nutes, You, West and so many others have had success with it for it to be anything other then me.
not applicable here, but if you are hand water passive, you can dilute the mix a touch to help it a little.
The hand water passive part I'm not sure I get (or if it was a typo). But I keep an average of 50L or so of RO and use it to dilute/top off the reservoir as needed.
Right now they're (the White Berry and Bruce Banner autos) starting to eat less solids, so I've been diluting the reservoir regularly to keep EC/PPM rises in check.
I'll be doing a reservoir change either tonight or most likely tomorrow. I may also just go ahead and harvest the Bruce Banner Auto. I'm being indecisive, and it annoys me. :rolleyes:
Yep, thats the one
Looking great
Awesome, I'll have new photos tonight and see what can be done to make it a more viable leaf.

Damnn couple days Ive missed A LOT!

Those leaves coated with trichomes :drool:also theres quite milky ones already!

Hope youve got everything fine brother!
Thanks Verbalist! With the PM, and wrong harvest time estimates being the exemption...everything is on track. Some of the frostiest trichome covered buds I've ever grown. Can't wait to smoke some.

i do the same. i grow multiple strains and try to shoot for common ground on nute levels.

using organic based nutes and / or jack's or MC helps a long way but it's still a dance. i mostly let the dicey ones ride it out.

not applicable here, but if you are hand water passive, you can dilute the mix a touch to help it a little.
That's one advantage to soil - I do different nute mixes as required per plant. But the idea of growing more than one of the same strain in the same space and shooting for common ground - isn't that what we do anytime we grow multiple strains, not just with nutes, but with light and environment too? I am doing the three strain thing now and ones a sativa, ones an indica, and ones a hybrid. (Well, they're all technically hybrids, but you know what I mean, lol). All three have slightly different needs on any level. The sativa loves the light and wants it closer. The Slurricane has plenty and doesn't want it closer. The Hulkberry doesn't like 55% RH when it's there cuz of rain outside or whatever whereas the other two don't blink. Etc. We're always walking that line you talk about when growing different strains. It's part of the mad scientist fun part!

Journal Update

Flower Day 46
Day 85 above ground

Tent temp: 23.0C
Tent RH%: 33% (set to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 1125 PPM
Current PPM: 1161 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 1161 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.3
Res temp: 19.9C
Water level: down, several gallons from top up

So, most of the Bruce Banner Autos fan leaves have been removed, minus a few at the bottom. It's always cool to see some of the buds that never had light, yet are coated in trichomes. At this point, she's just about ready to chop...and if I can ill take her out tomorrow.

The White Berry Auto has been bulking up. Some of her colas are starting to get more dense, and wider.

The Somango Auto has now gone past 24 hrs in drought. She continues to put out trichomes and swell. The colas in that far corner were rearranged so that the other leaf that @Maritimer selected could be used to monitor.

I need a reservoir change, but am having some difficulties due to sub zero temperatures freezing the hose feeding the RO system overnight. I'll get it done one way or another this weekend. So for now I'm just continuing with a top up from the remaining RO water I have out there.
Last night when topping up, I diluted the res, then added about 150PPM of koolbloom powder.

Aside from that I must say I'm really pleased and impressed with the performance of the ViparSpectra P4000.

Thanks again everyone and hope you all have a great weekend!!

Ahoy my brother,
shot 338 I measure LWA at 86 degrees.
your branch axis is usually close but the leaf axis you end your line too early. it should extend out to where the petiole is meeting the leaf.

probably be back up in a few hours. Im tending to six Kosher Kush seedlings that are on a heat matt and I spoil the little buggers.

all ahead full throttle :hookah:

I think I got it. But, I get 78 degrees?

The branch axis I have two solid points of reference, and for the leaf, I zoomed in and made the mark where in the image it appears to me...does the end point on the leaf axis need to be moved further away (left)?

Ooh kosher kush sounds awesome, I've never tried that strain.

Here's the updated reference points.
Screenshot_20211105-232800_ImageMeter.jpg

Journal Update

Flower Day 46
Day 85 above ground

Tent temp: 23.0C
Tent RH%: 33% (set to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 1125 PPM
Current PPM: 1161 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 1161 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.3
Res temp: 19.9C
Water level: down, several gallons from top up

So, most of the Bruce Banner Autos fan leaves have been removed, minus a few at the bottom. It's always cool to see some of the buds that never had light, yet are coated in trichomes. At this point, she's just about ready to chop...and if I can ill take her out tomorrow.

The White Berry Auto has been bulking up. Some of her colas are starting to get more dense, and wider.

The Somango Auto has now gone past 24 hrs in drought. She continues to put out trichomes and swell. The colas in that far corner were rearranged so that the other leaf that @Maritimer selected could be used to monitor.

I need a reservoir change, but am having some difficulties due to sub zero temperatures freezing the hose feeding the RO system overnight. I'll get it done one way or another this weekend. So for now I'm just continuing with a top up from the remaining RO water I have out there.
Last night when topping up, I diluted the res, then added about 150PPM of koolbloom powder.

Aside from that I must say I'm really pleased and impressed with the performance of the ViparSpectra P4000.

Thanks again everyone and hope you all have a great weekend!!

That Somango is SO frosty. Damn.

I know it's not the nutes, You, West and so many others have had success with it for it to be anything other then me.

the newer two part MC hydro nutes would play better with your system.
i'm not entirely convinced it's a great rdwc nute though. others have knocked it out of the park however.

just don't have the confidence in it. still have a few grows worth though. i'd switch it up if a decent nute line landed in my lap lol. it gets boring doing the same thing

Can be the beauty of living soil and autos. No messing with who needs what when multiple strains running too. I have been running a perpetual auto run for about a year and fed everyone the same with mc and some shogun products too and although the living soil went on pause as the mc took over the job , the plants never seemed to need anything g different from each other and i fed as photoperiods too. I did have initial concerns with all the comments about autos not needing the strength ect.. and went with it anyway with I issues. Cant say I noticed them struggle or toxicity slowing them down throughout.

I need a reservoir change, but am having some difficulties due to sub zero temperatures freezing the hose feeding the RO system overnight. I'll get it done one way or another this weekend.
If you're just using a standard 3/4" garden hose, you could try wrapping it in pipe insulation from the Home Despot. It comes in probably 3' sections in at least two different diameters (for 1/2" and 3/4"copper pipe).

It's meant for basements and such so you may have to slide the whole combination through some pvc piping to protect it from the elements and critters outdoors. If you do that, use the Grey stuff from the electrical isle rather than the white stuff from plumbing since the white pvc will break down faster from the sun and elements.

Regular garden hose is thicker than copper pipe but maybe you could try a 1/2" garden hose with the 3/4" insulation wrap.

I think at that stage removing some covering fan leaves and exposing new bud sites to the light can and will fatten the colas even more.

Obv the leaves are the actual ”solar panels”, but with my last crop when had 2x2 Scrog I noticed the one plant heavy defoliated made overall denser and fully connected buds from uppest to the 5th - 7th node faster than others.
So many ppl just thinks defoliation is BS and can’t anyway increase the yields. Like how could removing leaves, those panels, make buds grow bigger… But theres actually so many dedicated defol tut’s with comparisons.

Can be the beauty of living soil and autos. No messing with who needs what when multiple strains running too. I have been running a perpetual auto run for about a year and fed everyone the same with mc and some shogun products too and although the living soil went on pause as the mc took over the job , the plants never seemed to need anything g different from each other and i fed as photoperiods too. I did have initial concerns with all the comments about autos not needing the strength ect.. and went with it anyway with I issues. Cant say I noticed them struggle or toxicity slowing them down throughout.
I've actually noticed that autos can take much MORE nutes than photos...at least the strains I've grown. I have come to believe that much of the auto info you see is garbage.

- yes, you can and should up pot an auto
- yes, you can top an auto
- yes, you can feed an auto just like a photo or even more
- yes, an auto can be trained any way you train a photo, there's zero difference in that regard
- yes, even autos need rest, don't use 24/0, at least not in flower
- yes, an auto will easily fill a five gallon pot with roots, maybe even a seven, the idea that anything bigger than a 3 is a waste with autos is complete garbage - use bigger pots!

To name but a few of the auto myths flying around out there....

I've actually noticed that autos can take much MORE nutes than photos...at least the strains I've grown. I have come to believe that much of the auto info you see is garbage.

- yes, you can and should up pot an auto
- yes, you can top an auto
- yes, you can feed an auto just like a photo or even more
- yes, an auto can be trained any way you train a photo, there's zero difference in that regard
- yes, even autos need rest, don't use 24/0, at least not in flower
- yes, an auto will easily fill a five gallon pot with roots, maybe even a seven, the idea that anything bigger than a 3 is a waste with autos is complete garbage - use bigger pots!

To name but a few of the auto myths flying around out there....
Agree with ya there only thing I do different is start my autos in there for ever home last auto I ram did ten ounces in 7 gal pot huge plant glueberry but autos if u treat them like a photo they can be huge !!!!!

Agree with ya there only thing I do different is start my autos in there for ever home last auto I ram did ten ounces in 7 gal pot huge plant glueberry but autos if u treat them like a photo they can be huge !!!!!
I have just gotten to the point with my watering where I had the confidence to try and start them in their final pots. I have an auto outdoor Gorilla Zkittlez and 3 Dos-Si-Dos' in 7s right now that started as seedlings in the 7s. Try to avoid the up potting. BUT....if you don't know how to properly water, this can be a losing proposition. That's kind of why I usually advise to up pot, at least till you know what you're doing with watering. You know?

I think I got it. But, I get 78 degrees?

The branch axis I have two solid points of reference, and for the leaf, I zoomed in and made the mark where in the image it appears to me...does the end point on the leaf axis need to be moved further away (left)?

Ooh kosher kush sounds awesome, I've never tried that strain.

Here's the updated reference points.
Screenshot_20211105-232800_ImageMeter.jpg
You got the idea. I am take my angle measurements by holding a protractor up to my computer screen.

Rex, I should warn you.
As you get a feel for the application of drought you will get better at it.
There will soon come the realization that you can never imagine not applying a drought to your Queens. :love:

Drought update/mini update

Flower Day 47
Day 86 above ground

So it warmed up a bit today and the garden hose has been running ever since. Reservoir change happened a few minutes ago and spare RO tote is being refilled.

And here's some pictures of the LWA on the Somango Auto.

If you're just using a standard 3/4" garden hose, you could try wrapping it in pipe insulation from the Home Despot. It comes in probably 3' sections in at least two different diameters (for 1/2" and 3/4"copper pipe).

It's meant for basements and such so you may have to slide the whole combination through some pvc piping to protect it from the elements and critters outdoors. If you do that, use the Grey stuff from the electrical isle rather than the white stuff from plumbing since the white pvc will break down faster from the sun and elements.

Regular garden hose is thicker than copper pipe but maybe you could try a 1/2" garden hose with the 3/4" insulation wrap.
Yeah I've been meaning to get some for my chiller lines. But for the 250ft or so of garden hose it's just not worth it. Luckily it's near the end of this grow and the garage won't be used till spring for growing again. Hopefully by then I'll have the parts to do it better.
I think at that stage removing some covering fan leaves and exposing new bud sites to the light can and will fatten the colas even more.

Obv the leaves are the actual ”solar panels”, but with my last crop when had 2x2 Scrog I noticed the one plant heavy defoliated made overall denser and fully connected buds from uppest to the 5th - 7th node faster than others.
So many ppl just thinks defoliation is BS and can’t anyway increase the yields. Like how could removing leaves, those panels, make buds grow bigger… But theres actually so many dedicated defol tut’s with comparisons.
Like so many things, it's about the right amount at the time. For me and how I do it currently anyways .

Drought update/mini update

Flower Day 47
Day 86 above ground

So it warmed up a bit today and the garden hose has been running ever since. Reservoir change happened a few minutes ago and spare RO tote is being refilled.

And here's some pictures of the LWA on the Somango Auto.

Yeah I've been meaning to get some for my chiller lines. But for the 250ft or so of garden hose it's just not worth it. Luckily it's near the end of this grow and the garage won't be used till spring for growing again. Hopefully by then I'll have the parts to do it better.

Like so many things, it's about the right amount at the time. For me and how I do it currently anyways .
Man, after seeing your scrog for 86 days now and now seeing it like this for the first time.....it hurts a little. Not even my plants! Not to mention you just got started and it's gonna get worse. Lol. This is the emotional reaction that probably keeps many from trying this. Bravo to you.

Back
Top Bottom