Congrats on another smooth removal and great harvest! I am not alone in wondering what the recovery will look like on the droughted Sa, and I'm really curious to see the difference in the droughted roots vs the others if you can get root pics before they dry out after harvest.

Your sugars didn't brown anywhere near like mine did, so I bet after trimming you won't be able to tell the droughted from undroughted at a glance.
Thanks Shed!

Sure, I should be able to pop the trunk and roots out, and take some decent photos of it tomorrow. I actually tried tonight, but my body said nope. It needs to be removed soon as possible anyways to make cleaning the hydroton easier.

The White Berry Auto is going to show some nice roots I think.

Yeah the Somango could be chopped, but I'm gonna give her a bit and see how she responds. We'll know within a day or two to how she responds?

Ahoy @StoneOtter @InTheShed @DonkeyDick
I think our @Rexer here has displayed courage and trust taking a hydroponic lady and turning her into a lush trichome laden Cannabis Queen.

Stone good sir, I think we have a new Captain here. :love:
Aye, I can't wait to see this one. Might take minutes or hours? Maybe multiple applications? Edit: Guess not after reading. Man the Somango's got quite a frost on!

Journal Update & Droughting Update & Harvest Update

Flower Day 46
Day 85 above ground

Tent temp: 19.8C
Tent RH%: 33% (set to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 914 PPM
Current PPM: 952 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 865 PPM
PH: 6.0
Res temp: 19.6C
Water level: down

Well it's been a busy few days and nights but the Bruce Banner Auto has been harvested, bud washed and hung. It's currently halfway on the wet trim and fridge placement. The remainder will be finished tomorrow.

She gave me one surprise mutation.

And to get her out of the net, I removed the legs on her bucket, and gently lifted the net in that corner and slid her out.

And after a nice bud washing using lemon juice and baking soda.

And onto the White Berry Auto. She's still frosting up, showing a bit more purple and loving life under the ViparSpectra P4000.

And the Somango Auto who has been droughted since last Thursday. So roughly 4 days. If you want to see the pre drought pictures and trichome pictures click here

She is bursting with trichomes. And here's some pictures of her trichomes currently.

And here she is, these pictures were taken several hours after a fertigation.

And if I haven't lost your attention yet, my thanks and I hope you enjoyed the photos and i welcome any thoughts, comments or questions!
Awesome post. Great pics. I have lots of questions, lol. So that Somango - definitely the frostiest by a decent margin, just visually. Are you able to see with the naked eye the trichome increase compared to pre-drought? Has the smell of that plant gone up a corresponding amount? (probably hard to tell in there, lol).

Also, when you turn the spicket back on that's when the roots start to get water again, yes? So you droughted her a total of four days? Have you seen an uptick yet since the water came back on? Wondering how fast that happens?

Did you see the trichs in a microscope before the drought and can you show us a before/after trichome shot?

Sorry to pepper you Rex, you know me. Lol.

Thanks.

Aye, I can't wait to see this one. Might take minutes or hours? Maybe multiple applications? Edit: Guess not after reading. Man the Somango's got quite a frost on!
Thanks StoneOtter! She's got frost on her frost!

Awesome post. Great pics. I have lots of questions, lol. So that Somango - definitely the frostiest by a decent margin, just visually.
Thanks Jon! I appreciate it, ahe was tied with the Bruce Banner Auto for frost, but definitely takes first place now!
Are you able to see with the naked eye the trichome increase compared to pre-drought? Has the smell of that plant gone up a corresponding amount? (probably hard to tell in there, lol).
I want to say yes, there has been a visual increase in trichomes. Smell wise I can't say...the garage reeks of Bruce Banner :laughtwo:.
Also, when you turn the spicket back on that's when the roots start to get water again, yes? So you droughted her a total of four days? Have you seen an uptick yet since the water came back on? Wondering how fast that happens?
All correct! The instant her valve was turned back on, I went into the app and triggered a 35 min fertigation. I can say without a doubt that there has been an uptick that the camera has spotted. I will be doing a gif in a day or two that captures all of it.
Did you see the trichs in a microscope before the drought and can you show us a before/after trichome shot?
Yup, I did a before drought trichome pictures located here.
Sorry to pepper you Rex, you know me. Lol.

Thanks.
I appreciate it, pepper away brother!!

Not for the squeamish. Seeing a thirsty plant in trouble like that is like fingernails on a blackboard isn’t it?
Interesting to see the exercise done in a hydro setting. How many days since you turned off the valve, Rex?
We all want to know if there are swollen trichomes after all. :popcorn:
The last day was the hardest. And I think I'm lucky, as it didn't take nearly as long as Shed, that would be harder to watch in person.

She was droughted for a total of four days. And her calyx are very swollen now :yahoo:

So the Bruce Banner Auto has been finished harvesting. She's trimmed down to the nugs and in the harvest fridge. Not quite as many solid nugs as I'd have hoped, but some of the heaviest nugs I've grown yet. It'll be interesting to see what her final weight is.
The Somango is resting in lights off, but with what I saw on the camera today she has perked up a bit. There will be a short gif made after she's harvested showing the rebound.

Root shots as promised @InTheShed !

So the Bruce Banner Auto has been finished harvesting. She's trimmed down to the nugs and in the harvest fridge. Not quite as many solid nugs as I'd have hoped, but some of the heaviest nugs I've grown yet. It'll be interesting to see what her final weight is.
The Somango is resting in lights off, but with what I saw on the camera today she has perked up a bit. There will be a short gif made after she's harvested showing the rebound.

Root shots as promised @InTheShed !
I gotta go change my underwear.

That BB harvest is awesome. That's a lot of bud from one auto man. They look chunky as hell too.

The roots! Oh my! Is it the normal thing that they're white at the top and brown at the bottom by harvest time?

AMAZING WORK.

Roots Looks Great , they were more than likely lighter in color before they dried out . The roots didn’t stop no feeding with them it’s why they looked so great out the top . I’m sure your smelling the neighborhood with the harvest . Plenty of great pics of the drought I’m ready for a smoke report .

I gotta go change my underwear.

That BB harvest is awesome. That's a lot of bud from one auto man. They look chunky as hell too.

The roots! Oh my! Is it the normal thing that they're white at the top and brown at the bottom by harvest time?

AMAZING WORK.
Thanks Jon!

My nutes do stain the roots. The Ocean Magic additive alone stains cement black (I spilled some once).
That being said, I suspect that there was some minor issues, as I found one pest's shell in the roots.
Last grow the roots were very similar.

Roots Looks Great , they were more than likely lighter in color before they dried out . The roots didn’t stop no feeding with them it’s why they looked so great out the top . I’m sure your smelling the neighborhood with the harvest . Plenty of great pics of the drought I’m ready for a smoke report .
Thanks West!

The Somango still lives!! She's been allowed to live a day or two more so we can Guage her rebound. Might give me some more Amber trichomes then I usually go after, but I'll give her a bit longer....for science!!

Smell? Maybe the smell wafts to the road, but I'm fairly isolated and don't even bother with the carbon filter out there. Love the country life :cheesygrinsmiley:
And from what I gather, everyone on my road grows, except one house :rofl:

I didn’t buy another carbon filter for the same reason out in the country side. Every time it came to harvest you could smell it over to the neighbors house 1/4 mile away . I hope it increased your CBG also not just the THC . I’m over at the neighbors house changing his DWC buckets. Love the pump on his ro system had never used it before today . On mine Since the water got colder it takes 11 minutes to fill a gallon . A minute or less on his .

What kind of pump? I'll be buying one this winter sometime for next springs grow. That sounds like a winner in my books

Edit- and thank you, some CBG right now sounds wonderful!

Hmm 1/4 mile away? Dang man, I hope mine doesn't, but I'm not too worried on it. If they ask I'll happily put a filter on it. By law here I have to if it becomes a nuisance. Otherwise meh, it can add to the country smell around here :green_heart:

What kind of pump? I'll be buying one this winter sometime for next springs grow. That sounds like a winner in my books
It’s a , wished I’d wore my glasses over here .Aquatec 8800 and it has an inline pressure sensor. I can’t see that darn little printing . He’s always told me to get one just getting lazier I guess.

Beautiful harvest Rex! Great collection of frosty nugs hanging around there. :welldone:
she has perked up a bit.
I'm looking forward to seeing new angles. :)

Thanks for the root pics! I wonder how the droughted one will differ from the others, as I would think that some of them would dry out and not recover. From that first root pic it seems that almost all of them ignored the hydroton and headed straight for the bottom as one would expect in hydro. Does that change anything in your approach going forward, since you were thinking the balls would act more like a growing medium?

Also, given that the bulk of the roots are at the bottom, is there water that collects there when the pump is off? If so, that would account for the ability to go that many days in drought as opposed to sitting in a completely dry bucket or tray.
Every time it came to harvest you could smell it over to the neighbors house 1/4 mile away .
With your harvests, this surprises no one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful harvest Rex! Great collection of frosty nugs hanging around there. :welldone:

I'm looking forward to seeing new angles. :)
Thanks Shed! I'm thinking I'll be back in trim jail in a short bit with the Somango Auto and the White Berry Auto.
Thanks for the root pics! I wonder how the droughted one will differ from the others, as I would think that some of them would dry out and not recover. From that first root pic it seems that almost all of them ignored the hydroton and headed straight for the bottom as one would expect in hydro. Does that change anything in your approach going forward, since you were thinking the balls would act more like a growing medium?
Great questions! Wish I had great answers. Truthfully, I'm not sure.
Also, given that the bulk of the roots are at the bottom, is there water that collects there when the pump is off? If so, that would account for the ability to go that many days in drought as opposed to sitting in a completely dry bucket or tray.
There would be a slight amount at the bottom of the bucket since it's flat. There is a groove inside that acts like a channel for drainage (which gets packed with roots). I don't think it would take too long for the plant to soak up what moisture was there?

Interesting line of thoughts, and I'm very open to hearing/discussing further, though some may be beyond my scope.

So just an update for the Somango. I've kept the photos rather minimal. She has bounced back a bit, as demonstrated below.

She is loaded, and I mean loaded with trichomes. Once trimmed up, she's going to be beautiful.

Ahoy there,
The best news I could have hoped for is exceeded every time you post. This has been awesome tagging along.
For the science. :love:
Can't wait for your smoke report. That is when the droughted girls tend to strut the stuff. :hookah:

Ahoy there,
The best news I could have hoped for is exceeded every time you post. This has been awesome tagging along.
For the science. :love:
Can't wait for your smoke report. That is when the droughted girls tend to strut the stuff. :hookah:
Thanks Maritimer!
Wouldn't have been possible without you and Shed guiding me.
It appears she's rebounded as far as she will rebound. Camera hasn't shown any further movement. She'll have be to chopped soon.
Lmao at those net cups being tested :laugh: stalks are as thick as those pots. Awsome!
I know right?!? I laughed at it, apparently the plant did too. That net cup is toast now :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom