It appears she's rebounded as far as she will rebound. Camera hasn't shown any further movement. She'll have be to chopped soon.
If she is ready for harvest, we are.
After all that comes the best part. You are going to realize what you have done when you get the chance to actually smoke/vape/eat the cannabis that you intentionally droughted. I only wish you had a control plant running for a side by side comparison in front of a pipe.

I wish I had remembered this a few days ago. My friend @Stunger has an amazing set of pictures from an unintentional drought I hope he can share. I should have thought about it when shed was droughting a few weeks ago. Stunger please, when you come in from the balcony.

@Rexer , we earnestly hope any improvement in quality and potency can directly impact your medicinal needs. :love:

Journal Update

Flower Day 47
Day 86 above ground

Tent temp: 22.0C
Tent RH%: 28% RH
Previous PPM: 814 PPM
Current PPM: 826 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 826 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.0
Res temp: 20.0C
Water level: down a bit, small amount

Alrighty folks!! Tonight's update has fewer photos as it was a rush to get back into the house.

I'll get back to why I was in such a rush. The rant is below, and a worthwhile read!

The Somango Auto, I could almost swear has some more trichomes tonight. Her fan leaves are ugly as sin, but when pushed to the side, her beauty just glistens like glitter.

I've decided, that unless something urgent comes up, tomorrow the Somango Auto will be chopped. The plan was to prep everything tonight, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

The White Berry Auto is almost ready as well, and I was planning on scoping her trichomes tonight, but again....that will have to wait. I'm sure you're seeing the pattern, and now I will attempt to explain why tonight was different.

A quick background of me, I grew up in the bush, miles away from the one closest neighbor. I've seen bears, moose, deer and many large animals that call Canada home and spent many hours alone hunting. I remember even being chased by a pack of wolves when I was young (it's a rare thing, but happens). So I tell you this, so you understand what happened tonight and know there is no need for me to embellish. When I got out near the garage with my dog tonight, a pack of wolves in the bush behind my garage started going nuts. It sounded akin to two packs, or, more wolves in one spot than I've ever heard in my life. Just nutz. Hard to tell how far they were, but they were close enough that when I called my dog (gently and quietly) to get in the garage, the wolves went silent. The timing coulda been nothing, but to me signaled they were closer then I suspected, or wanted. I had guessed about 60 yards.
So yeah, I hurried my ass in the tent and have a lovely walk back to the house in near pitch black dark, quickly as I could, while my loyal dog ran up ahead and waited at the house door :smokin:.

And onto the rushed photos!!

Drought for the win!:roorrip:
Oh you know it, your one of the trail blazers on the Rezination!
If she is ready for harvest, we are.
After all that comes the best part. You are going to realize what you have done when you get the chance to actually smoke/vape/eat the cannabis that you intentionally droughted. I only wish you had a control plant running for a side by side comparison in front of a pipe.

I wish I had remembered this a few days ago. My friend @Stunger has an amazing set of pictures from an unintentional drought I hope he can share. I should have thought about it when shed was droughting a few weeks ago. Stunger please, when you come in from the balcony.

@Rexer , we earnestly hope any improvement in quality and potency can directly impact your medicinal needs. :love:

Well all I can say is a huge thank you. And also know, that come spring- we'll do this over again, and even better. After I do the deed and give her the chop, I'll post a copy here of the photos and gif that I uploaded to your thread.
Stunger has grown beautiful masterpieces on his balcony, I'd love to see those (again, cause I probably did, drooled, then chased a shiny object and forgot :lot-o-toke: :rofl: ).

Well I'm damn glad you made it back to safety before the wolves got any funny ideas about whether you or your doggo were tastier! I had a huge wolf tracking me and my dog when I was up by Lake Tahoe years ago. Luckily my dog didn't see it, but I walked backwards all the way to our cabin. It stood about 50 feet away and stared at us the whole time. Gave me chills.

The Somango has recovered pretty well and those foxtails are so freaking fuzzy!

Well I'm damn glad you made it back to safety before the wolves got any funny ideas about whether you or your doggo were tastier! I had a huge wolf tracking me and my dog when I was up by Lake Tahoe years ago. Luckily my dog didn't see it, but I walked backwards all the way to our cabin. It stood about 50 feet away and stared at us the whole time. Gave me chills.

The Somango has recovered pretty well and those foxtails are so freaking fuzzy!
It's the kind of thing that gets burned into your mind. And I hear you on being glad that your dog didn't see the wolf. It's a big fear of mine, my pup is gettin up in years and while I know she could rip a wolf a new one in her younger years, now not so much.

I made sure to bang a bunch of metal on metal loudly before leaving to come back to the house. It's a noise that makes a lot of animals skittish.

I am not going back out there tonight that's for sure.

We spent that night lying in the living room listening to the howls. Our dog was fascinated by the sound. So different from urban Los Angeles!
I was telling Rex earlier I was worried about the sire and dame wolves eyeballing me . Then get home and look out in the yard mama was feeding them lunch meat , okay there use to humans from the game reserve 7 miles down the road.

I'm with Mama! I think we all will have better luck with some wild dogs than copperheads...I'd be feeding them prosciutto and eggs every Sunday

Well thank you Maritimer. And yes you are right, the plants you refer to below were unintentionally 'droughted' after being left on the balcony without any water for a week. By then they looked pretty close to being terminal, but after rehydration they recovered fine. It goes to show how tenacious these plants are at hanging on to life, and as proven in Maritimer's experiments, how good they are at increasing resin in response to drought periods in flowering.

Unintentional drought during veg

But they recovered to produce a harvest of about a pound and a half

Journal Update

Flower Day 47
Day 86 above ground

Tent temp: 22.0C
Tent RH%: 28% RH
Previous PPM: 814 PPM
Current PPM: 826 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 826 PPM (not adjusted)
PH: 6.0
Res temp: 20.0C
Water level: down a bit, small amount

Alrighty folks!! Tonight's update has fewer photos as it was a rush to get back into the house.

I'll get back to why I was in such a rush. The rant is below, and a worthwhile read!

The Somango Auto, I could almost swear has some more trichomes tonight. Her fan leaves are ugly as sin, but when pushed to the side, her beauty just glistens like glitter.

I've decided, that unless something urgent comes up, tomorrow the Somango Auto will be chopped. The plan was to prep everything tonight, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

The White Berry Auto is almost ready as well, and I was planning on scoping her trichomes tonight, but again....that will have to wait. I'm sure you're seeing the pattern, and now I will attempt to explain why tonight was different.

A quick background of me, I grew up in the bush, miles away from the one closest neighbor. I've seen bears, moose, deer and many large animals that call Canada home and spent many hours alone hunting. I remember even being chased by a pack of wolves when I was young (it's a rare thing, but happens). So I tell you this, so you understand what happened tonight and know there is no need for me to embellish. When I got out near the garage with my dog tonight, a pack of wolves in the bush behind my garage started going nuts. It sounded akin to two packs, or, more wolves in one spot than I've ever heard in my life. Just nutz. Hard to tell how far they were, but they were close enough that when I called my dog (gently and quietly) to get in the garage, the wolves went silent. The timing coulda been nothing, but to me signaled they were closer then I suspected, or wanted. I had guessed about 60 yards.
So yeah, I hurried my ass in the tent and have a lovely walk back to the house in near pitch black dark, quickly as I could, while my loyal dog ran up ahead and waited at the house door :smokin:.

And onto the rushed photos!!

Oh you know it, your one of the trail blazers on the Rezination!

Well all I can say is a huge thank you. And also know, that come spring- we'll do this over again, and even better. After I do the deed and give her the chop, I'll post a copy here of the photos and gif that I uploaded to your thread.
Stunger has grown beautiful masterpieces on his balcony, I'd love to see those (again, cause I probably did, drooled, then chased a shiny object and forgot :lot-o-toke: :rofl: ).
Stay the heck away from them, that's the last thing you need.
I'm glad your ok.
Stay safe please.
Bill.

I've decided, that unless something urgent comes up, tomorrow the Somango Auto will be chopped.
I'm a little confused about this drought procedure. This close to harvest, if more trichomes sprout due to the drought, wouldn't they be very clear mixed in with the older, ripe trichomes. Harvesting now, wouldn't you just have some immature resin, and probably not notice a difference in potency?

I guess a true test of whether the drought procedure is worthwhile, would be to grow two clones side by side - one droughted, the other not - then have them both lab tested after harvest.

Stay the heck away from them, that's the last thing you need.
I'm glad your ok.
Stay safe please.
Bill.
'Morning Bill!

It's me they need to stay away from ;) .
I gotta remember to buy a few bear bangers to keep out there.

Well thank you Maritimer. And yes you are right, the plants you refer to below were unintentionally 'droughted' after being left on the balcony without any water for a week. By then they looked pretty close to being terminal, but after rehydration they recovered fine. It goes to show how tenacious these plants are at hanging on to life, and as proven in Maritimer's experiments, how good they are at increasing resin in response to drought periods in flowering.

Unintentional drought during veg

But they recovered to produce a harvest of about a pound and a half

Ahh I had indeed forgotten about this one. Thanks Strunger, they're an incredible beauty! And a pound and a half is incredible!

I'm a little confused about this drought procedure. This close to harvest, if more trichomes sprout due to the drought, wouldn't they be very clear mixed in with the older, ripe trichomes. Harvesting now, wouldn't you just have some immature resin, and probably not notice a difference in potency?

I guess a true test of whether the drought procedure is worthwhile, would be to grow two clones side by side - one droughted, the other not - then have them both lab tested after harvest.

Very astute questions beez! And correct. This started as a true drought experiment, but between my misjudgment of the harvest date, and the Bruce Banner Auto getting PM, it got side railed a bit. I had mentioned it here, but it's a few pages back. I will be doing up a quick summary, how I calculated the LWA, and a gif showing the recovery. I'm just waiting for the deed to be done hopefully later today.

Im also Just waiting for some advil to stop a bad headache that's turning into a migraine, then I'll be heading out there.

'Morning Bill!

It's me they need to stay away from ;) .
I gotta remember to buy a few bear bangers to keep out there.

Ahh I had indeed forgotten about this one. Thanks Strunger, they're an incredible beauty! And a pound and a half is incredible!

Very astute questions beez! And correct. This started as a true drought experiment, but between my misjudgment of the harvest date, and the Bruce Banner Auto getting PM, it got side railed a bit. I had mentioned it here, but it's a few pages back. I will be doing up a quick summary, how I calculated the LWA, and a gif showing the recovery. I'm just waiting for the deed to be done hopefully later today.

Im also Just waiting for some advil to stop a bad headache that's turning into a migraine, then I'll be heading out there.
Yes one of those 306 lead bangers would be handy. Hehe
Did you see the hydro post I tagged you in.
He has a couple questions.
Nice gentleman from Italy.
Stay safe.
Bill

So when do the extra trichomes get produced?

I assume it must be on the recovery when you start the watering again, because if they show up during the draught you could just dry your plants out the very last week of the grow and be well on your way to jarring then up shortly after taking them down.

Back
Top Bottom