To be honest, all I can do is keep staring at the frost on her and :cheer:

She's been doing pretty good for no food or water this long, it's been a bit over 3 days now.

There is actually a very practical bit of information that this is also giving me. In the event of a pump failure, how long they can go in this system.
Always good to know those limits I'm thinking, especially if it can be found out without suffering any losses.

Mini update for Somango, full update coming up soon for the rest of the girls!

The following pictures shows the Somango Auto as its approaching 4 days of drought.

Mini update for Somango, full update coming up soon for the rest of the girls!

The following pictures shows the Somango Auto as its approaching 4 days of drought.

STICKY!!!!!!!!!Wow. wow. wow. Do you think the drought makes the leaves start to turn faster than they would otherwise?

Ahoy Rexer,
Keep yer eye on er. you be wantin around 110 ferin ye rescue. if she can take the heavy sea ya just keep steady for an extra 12 hours befer yer turn ye valve back on. push the time out before fertigation long as you can manage. by my reckon she gonna need your help today.

STICKY!!!!!!!!!Wow. wow. wow. Do you think the drought makes the leaves start to turn faster than they would otherwise?

Thanks Jon! I'm guessing so, it is trying to pull everything it can out of its leaves.

I zoomed in on the somango and it's looking sticky and stinky
Thanks HashFart, she smells incredible as well.
Almost hurts to look at that plant now. Hurts so good though, I guess.
Yeah it was a big surprise when i looked below the net, and can agree now, it does almost hurt to look at LOL.

Whys the drought for the Somago? Is she ready or what? Didn’t catch that whats the purpose :oops:
It's part of the drought experiment that Maritimer has put a lot of hard work into. It's to help trichome production and yields to put it simply. I'd highly recommend reading over the thread for some incredible information!
Thread 'Cannabis Rezination' Cannabis Rezination
Ahoy Rexer,
Keep yer eye on er. you be wantin around 110 ferin ye rescue. if she can take the heavy sea ya just keep steady for an extra 12 hours befer yer turn ye valve back on. push the time out before fertigation long as you can manage. by my reckon she gonna need your help today.
Thanks Maritimer, I'll be out there in a few hours and will check it. If it's over 110 or so, ill turn the valve back on.

How long after the valve gets turned back on should I wait before I should give her the chop?

I'll be out there most of later today, the Bruce Banner Auto is calling and wants a chop!

The Bruce banner Auto was disconnected from the system last night and prepped for removal from the tent for harvest.

Couldn't find citric acid locally and wasn't up for several hours of driving. So lemon juice for this bud wash, which should happen later today. Hopefully bezos will climb off his rocket to drop some citric acid off in the next few days.

Ahoy Rexer,

Very close...only off by a few degrees? Stay the course, or open the valve?

Damn! Def going to try that out
It worked on Ammy. I'm convinced to utilize drought moving forward with all my grows...I think what Rex said, they become frantic and shoot out extra resin...I'm not as well read on it as these folk nor have I implemented the use of degree angles on my droughters, but the theory behind it plays out. I've seen it with my own.

Ahoy @Rexer
Beins this is yer first run at the droughtin I say restore her fertigation. I always give them a shot at rejuvenation if possible. The Queens I just took down were droughted beginning week seven and went 8 days in drought. They went on blooming until late eleventh week. But if you think she is due a chopping, have at it.

Well done, and thank you so much for your trust and letting me help. :love:
It feels so good when a gardener becomes a droughter as well.
This is not an easy sell. LOL

Ahoy @StoneOtter @InTheShed @DonkeyDick
I think our @Rexer here has displayed courage and trust taking a hydroponic lady and turning her into a lush trichome laden Cannabis Queen.

Stone good sir, I think we have a new Captain here. :love:

Ahoy @StoneOtter @InTheShed @DonkeyDick
I think our @Rexer here has displayed courage and trust taking a hydroponic lady and turning her into a lush trichome laden Cannabis Queen.

Stone good sir, I think we have a new Captain here. :love:

Not for the squeamish. Seeing a thirsty plant in trouble like that is like fingernails on a blackboard isn’t it?
Interesting to see the exercise done in a hydro setting. How many days since you turned off the valve, Rex?
We all want to know if there are swollen trichomes after all. :popcorn:

Not for the squeamish. Seeing a thirsty plant in trouble like that is like fingernails on a blackboard isn’t it?
Interesting to see the exercise done in a hydro setting. How many days since you turned off the valve, Rex?
I always thought my plants had to look the healthiest til finish...what we are all aiming for is that best quality bud at the end-I'm up to try whatever presents itself in order to do so

It worked on Ammy. I'm convinced to utilize drought moving forward with all my grows...I think what Rex said, they become frantic and shoot out extra resin...I'm not as well read on it as these folk nor have I implemented the use of degree angles on my droughters, but the theory behind it plays out. I've seen it with my own.
There is a few different things that take place and cause the increase in resin. @Maritimer could explain it better, but plant growth regulator hormones come into play.
Ahoy @Rexer
Beins this is yer first run at the droughtin I say restore her fertigation. I always give them a shot at rejuvenation if possible. The Queens I just took down were droughted beginning week seven and went 8 days in drought. They went on blooming until late eleventh week. But if you think she is due a chopping, have at it.

Well done, and thank you so much for your trust and letting me help. :love:
It feels so good when a gardener becomes a droughter as well.
This is not an easy sell. LOL
Thanks @Maritimer I'll have a complete summary posted in your thread and here in the next day or two.
The valve was turned back on 15:00 (3pm).
I'll be taking some trichome pictures tonight. I didn't get a chance to give her a good look over, was busy bud washing and hanging the Bruce Banner Auto. And she was supposed to be in lights out, so it was some very quick photos at the end.

I always thought my plants had to look the healthiest til finish...what we are all aiming for is that best quality bud at the end-I'm up to try whatever presents itself in order to do so
Well..
She was pretty and healthy looking until I turned her feed valve off :cheesygrinsmiley: :Rasta:
See, what we are truly after is producing medicine- and truth is it's just a bonus when it looks pretty, as I'm not trying to sell it.
:bravo: Rex for sticking with it!

That plant looks like a million bucks compared to my droughted one Azi!

Thanks Shed! Really appreciate Maritimer and you blazing the trail and helping me!

It's been a busy day, and I apologize for the quick replies. I've got a few minutes to :rollit: then it's dinner and back at it. I'll be fairly busy chopping and trimming tonight as the Bruce Banner Auto will get put in the fridge.
Here's a sneak peek for the next update!!

Journal Update & Droughting Update & Harvest Update

Flower Day 46
Day 85 above ground

Tent temp: 19.8C
Tent RH%: 33% (set to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 914 PPM
Current PPM: 952 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 865 PPM
PH: 6.0
Res temp: 19.6C
Water level: down

Well it's been a busy few days and nights but the Bruce Banner Auto has been harvested, bud washed and hung. It's currently halfway on the wet trim and fridge placement. The remainder will be finished tomorrow.

She gave me one surprise mutation.

And to get her out of the net, I removed the legs on her bucket, and gently lifted the net in that corner and slid her out.

And after a nice bud washing using lemon juice and baking soda.

And onto the White Berry Auto. She's still frosting up, showing a bit more purple and loving life under the ViparSpectra P4000.

And the Somango Auto who has been droughted since last Thursday. So roughly 4 days. If you want to see the pre drought pictures and trichome pictures click here

She is bursting with trichomes. And here's some pictures of her trichomes currently.

And here she is, these pictures were taken several hours after a fertigation.

And if I haven't lost your attention yet, my thanks and I hope you enjoyed the photos and i welcome any thoughts, comments or questions!

Congrats on another smooth removal and great harvest! I am not alone in wondering what the recovery will look like on the droughted Sa, and I'm really curious to see the difference in the droughted roots vs the others if you can get root pics before they dry out after harvest.

Your sugars didn't brown anywhere near like mine did, so I bet after trimming you won't be able to tell the droughted from undroughted at a glance.

Back
Top Bottom