Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Aww thanks Krissi, I really appreciate it :).
It'll be a bit of a rough start I think, they're all three at different stages, so getting them to start and stay on the same feed for the first part will be tricky.
Though this round, I'm quite OK with one or two being somewhat stunted, space is tight :laughtwo:
Where is this rough start? They look great!! I am lucky I flowered early on 2 because I wouldn't have had the space either!

J
Where is this rough start? They look great!! I am lucky I flowered early on 2 because I wouldn't have had the space either!
I had a rough start with some old seeds I had wanted to try, it really threw the timing out of whack.

and then here my current juggle:

The Gorilla glue is hungry and wants more.

The Wappa has some damaged leaves, from a PH oversight :rolleyes:- and as of a moment ago I belive wants it to be diluted.

The Blackberry was started so late, that in a few days if I don't dilute a bit, she'll have some nute burn. Right now her roots are feeding on extremely high RH, and water drips from the lid.

So...I gotta try and dump half my res, and top up with a diluted solution. That will take a day or so just to get my RO water ready (I got a really slow system and need to buy a booster pump).

Usually at this stage for me things are a bit smoother, the screw ups usually happen around week 3 or 4 :rofl:

And here is a pic of the Wapa auto.

20220128_112018.jpg

J

I had a rough start with some old seeds I had wanted to try, it really threw the timing out of whack.

The Wappa has some damaged leaves, from a PH oversight :rolleyes:- and as of a moment ago I belive wants it to be diluted.

The Blackberry was started so late, that in a few days if I don't dilute a bit, she'll have some nute burn. Right now her roots are feeding on extremely high RH, and water drips from the lid.

So...I gotta try and dump half my res, and top up with a diluted solution. That will take a day or so just to get my RO water ready (I got a really slow system and need to buy a booster pump).

Usually at this stage for me things are a bit smoother, the screw ups usually happen around week 3 or 4 :rofl:

20220128_112018.jpg
I see. And I saw your seed starting troubles, that was surely unfortunate. Your littles are in the very best hands though I know

J

20220128_112018.jpg
At least it's still growing :cheer: Hey Mucker :ciao:
Not like my poor little time capsule WP.
Holy how cold are you?
I'm freezing here.
I have to get fire wood:eek:
I'm going to move the pot to the laundry room when the new seed pops.:rolleyes:
Should be a little more above zero. :laugh:
How is everything going today?

Stay safe
Bill

At least it's still growing :cheer: Hey Mucker :ciao:
Not like my poor little time capsule WP.
Holy how cold are you?
I'm freezing here.
I have to get fire wood:eek:
I'm going to move the pot to the laundry room when the new seed pops.:rolleyes:
Should be a little more above zero. :laugh:
How is everything going today?

Stay safe
Bill
'Morning Bill (well afternoon, but I recently crawled out of bed :rofl: )

Yeah it's freezing out there. I'm really regretting not pushing myself yesterday to clean the snow, as it was mild yesterday. I think I'll do the minimum today, and wait for a bit of warm weather to finish it off.

Lol stick the baby on your night stand. Tell Stacey it's just your therapy plant ;) :laughtwo:.

So how big do you need your mother to be for taking the amount of cuts you need? I think I may start a mother in soil soon (don't worry- plenty of place for yours still!). I'll have to sex it as it'll be a regular photo seed, but I really really want to try that strain.

Apparently it gives the giggles like crazy. Sounds like fun.

No real plans for the weekend, drop a message if you want help, or to get out of the house for a drive (our house is a mess, though:eek:).

Is there a shelf in the room? Keep the WP up high where the warmer air is.

'Morning Bill (well afternoon, but I recently crawled out of bed :rofl: )

Yeah it's freezing out there. I'm really regretting not pushing myself yesterday to clean the snow, as it was mild yesterday. I think I'll do the minimum today, and wait for a bit of warm weather to finish it off.

Lol stick the baby on your night stand. Tell Stacey it's just your therapy plant ;) :laughtwo:.

So how big do you need your mother to be for taking the amount of cuts you need? I think I may start a mother in soil soon (don't worry- plenty of place for yours still!). I'll have to sex it as it'll be a regular photo seed, but I really really want to try that strain.

Apparently it gives the giggles like crazy. Sounds like fun.

No real plans for the weekend, drop a message if you want help, or to get out of the house for a drive (our house is a mess, though:eek:).

Is there a shelf in the room? Keep the WP up high where the warmer air is.
You never said the name of the strain :rofl:
Start me one too please.
I love the giggles.
My Blueberry always made me laugh.
Like I need an excuse. :laugh:
Mother's, just as big as I can before I need to clip clones.
It's too cold to be outside, I'm just going to grab a little wood till tomorrow hopefully it warms up.
I have to shovel too.:eek:
Don't worry it's warm in the laundry, I'll put them on the counter. :thumb:
Keep warm:passitleft:.

Stay safe
Bill

You never said the name of the strain :rofl:
Start me one too please.
I love the giggles.
My Blueberry always made me laugh.
Like I need an excuse. :laugh:
Mother's, just as big as I can before I need to clip clones.
It's too cold to be outside, I'm just going to grab a little wood till tomorrow hopefully it warms up.
I have to shovel too.:eek:
Don't worry it's warm in the laundry, I'll put them on the counter. :thumb:
Keep warm:passitleft:.

Stay safe
Bill
I guess I didn't eh? It's Romulan, crossed with Big Smoothie. Two strains I've never tried, but have heard of. I'll pop a bean of it today to get one started. I'll start it in soil, then take a clipping first chance to sex it (I'll have to figure out a temp little spot to do that).
I'll build an actual cloner bucket come time, and should be able to get some rooting quickly, then they can be transferred to soil (I've got stacks of 3 gallon buckets).

I really shouldn't complain, as I have a snowblower this year instead of shoveling. But I hate snow :rofl: . I need to buy a snowmobile, maybe I'll start liking it again.

wappa looks more hungry than anything right now.
Hey bluter, thanks for dropping by. It did look that way, but I see a slight amount of tip burn on the newest growth starting this morning. I'll keep an eye on it. Just got to get the feed dialed in, then hopefully it'll be cruise control till the roots start clogging things up :laughtwo: . Which reminds me, I should cut the materials I'm testing to block the roots. I've put a test in one bucket (where the Blackberry is), doesn't seem to effect the water flowing through, so I'll put some in each bucket.

Hey Rex!
I was wondering does the wappa get enough oxygen?
Oh they all have tons of oxygen. The water line is purposely low, and the top feed comes out of a 1/2 inch poly tube that rinses over the roots. Creating splashes in the buckets, where there is a 2 inch airstone (in each bucket except the control bucket).
,i thought it was still above the water line on constant drip
Bang on brother. Though it's a full speed pour vs drip, waterfall type effect, and I'm hoping it'll help develop some extra air roots. Seems to work good as a plant starting system at least.
Im just having some fun with the system, though I actually "borrowed" most of the concept/design from one of your old posts.

I am sure you will get this all sorted out! I have great faith. :green_heart:
Thank you Shed.:Namaste:
I hear there's a thread on how to build a Cloninator in my signature...
Already bookmarked, and practically memorized- it aligns almost perfectly with parts I have in hand, it immediately went into my long term plan as soon as I read it.
LOL! We're gonna need pics of that ride. :)
Oh the sleds will happen, Mrs Rex and daughter want one, well one each. But I gotta fund some really expensive projects for the home first (solar system hopefully, indoor hydroponic vegetable garden, and some windows and doors)yard whatever unexpected crap happens between now and then :laughtwo:
Then we can start our toy collection :)

Hey bluter, thanks for dropping by. It did look that way, but I see a slight amount of tip burn on the newest growth starting this morning. I'll keep an eye on it. Just got to get the feed dialed in,

it's eating itself fast which resembles a burn. the bigger leaves should have greened up while the next group was pushing. they haven't greened in which means the available nutes are being utilized to the build next stage as priority.

and it's eating itself.

what's your ppm ?

All caught up. here to watch and learn. I never thought about hydro having the same feed and timing issues as soil. Different needs at different stages is always a problem.

it's eating itself fast which resembles a burn. the bigger leaves should have greened up while the next group was pushing. they haven't greened in which means the available nutes are being utilized to the build next stage as priority.

and it's eating itself.
Thanks bluter, that describes perfectly what's going on.
what's your ppm ?
PPM is roughly 400, I'll double check in a bit. If I remember correctly, there's roughly 90PPM of cal mag, then roughly 250 PPM of FloraNova Grow. The remaining PPM is from PH down. I'll be checking them again shortly (just crawled out of bed :nomo:).
Check your pressure tank on the ro system.
They leak pressure eventually from the blader inside.
You can check with an air Guage like for a bicycle tire. You can add air for temporary but a new tank is awesome.

It was taking me forever, slow water is a major time killer.
Thanks 423! A new tank would definitely be beneficial. I actually have a spare pressure tank. But the low flow rate is from a well pump trying to push it through. A booster pump is the ideal long term solution- and should have been added a while ago. The higher pressure will actually increase the lifespan of the RO system.

All caught up. here to watch and learn. I never thought about hydro having the same feed and timing issues as soil. Different needs at different stages is always a problem.
Hey stinker! Thanks for dropping by!
Yeah most smarter hydro growers only run one strain at a time to help with that- and pretty much always at the same age.
I like having a few different strains in jars, and don't mind if there's one plant that doesn't look great as a result. I usually just go "majority wins" and keep 2/3 plants dialed in, but it's just to find that magic spot to get the ball rolling .

I like having a few different strains in jars, and don't mind if there's one plant that doesn't look great as a result. I usually just go "majority wins" and keep 2/3 plants dialed in, but it's just to find that magic spot to get the ball rolling .
this is in itself already daring. I’d only dare to use separate (single bucket dwc’s) for each strain. As they may have so different nutrition requirements and other might grow way slower which also affects.
Even different phenos could be problematic with same reservoir.

But you Rex definitely got this! Just generally a bit lower res ppm should meet the needs for older/bigger ones and not to burn the lil ones.

this is in itself already daring. I’d only dare to use separate (single bucket dwc’s) for each strain. As they may have so different nutrition requirements and other might grow way slower which also affects.
Even different phenos could be problematic with same reservoir.

But you Rex definitely got this! Just generally a bit lower res ppm should meet the needs for older/bigger ones and not to burn the lil ones.
Thanks Verbalist! Yeah it definitely makes things more interesting to balance!
Once they all get feeding properly, things should get a bit easier (hopefully- knock on wood!).

I suspect there's something else at play. Either I've got more light leakage into the buckets then i suspected, or there are trace elements leftover from holding kitty litter....dunno. I'm in the process today of starting to refill my external tote with RO. It'll take a day or two to get the needed 50-60L that's in the system. I may dump half or all, and reset.

Oh and @bluter the PPM is up to 537. I'll be resetting as mentioned above soon as my RO tote is filled.

New PPM target(s) once I can do it will be:
100 PPM calimagic
150 PPM FloraNova Grow

I'm going to see over the weekend what I have on hand that can get the light blocked better.

Back
Top Bottom