Rhino 420's 1st Autoflower Grow - Sweet Seeds - Zambetta Seeds and Rare Dankness!

rhino420

Hey all,

First grow here but I've done my research :)
Here's my setup:

Lights:
2x 23w CFL 6500k (Veg)
6x 50w LED 2800k (Flower)

Strains:
1x Dark Devil Auto by Sweet Seeds - "Judas"
1x Blue Ox by Rare Dankness - "Beyonce"
1x Green Poison Auto by Zambeza Seeds
Unknown strain bag seed - named "Frank" after the dealer we bought the bag she came in from.

Ill post some photos of my set up and the girls soon as possible.

Thanks Guys :)

Re: Rhino 420's 1st Autoflower Grow - Sweet Seeds, Zambetta Seeds and Rare Dankness!

Here are some photos of my set up and the plants:

Set up:
IMG_095915.JPG

IMG_095819.JPG

Dark Devil Auto day 3:
Judas_13:blushsmile:14.jpg

Blue Ox days 3:
Beyonce_13:blushsmile:14.jpg

"Frank" day 13:
Frank_13:blushsmile:14.jpg

The Green Poison still hasn't popped up yet but ill post a photo when we have a sign of life :)

Re: Rhino 420's 1st Autoflower Grow - Sweet Seeds, Zambetta Seeds and Rare Dankness!

:welcome: rhino420!
Your seedlings look great. I hope they don't fall out of the pot being sideways like that.....:laughtwo: Do you have a program on your phone or computer that you can rotate the pictures before uploading?

Also, if your seedlings get to stretching too much you can add a little more soil around them to give them a firm support. You have plenty of room in the pots if you need to do that.
A small fan giving a slight breeze on them will help give them strength too. Not blasting on them by any means, just a slight breeze. Some people bounce the fan off an adjacent wall to help keep it light.
Things look great! +reps for a great start!

Hi cannafan,

the next photos will definitely be rotated aha :p.
im in the process of drying some soil i flushed so ill fill em up when its dry enough to put in the pots.
as for a fan I'm off to buy one today, your post was the decider aha

thanks for your input man!

Hey Rhino,

Thanks for the kind words in my journal:)

Setup looks great! What size pots are the ladies in? My only suggestion at this point would be, when you transplant out of those pots, do so into pretty good sized pots. They say you shouldn't transplant autos. Since the live for such a short while, the potential stress of the repotting could reduce yield. Which is why my autos are in weird double pots. I had panted my autos in solo cups, and without thinking transplanted them into 1gallon pots, Only to realize they should have gone into larger pots. Cut the bottom off of the 1gals and "planted
a little bit of the pot into a larger pot. They are in custom made "3gallon" pots. My next run of autos I will drop the seeds directly into 5 gallon and that's where they shall stay!

You're off to a great start Rhino! Keep it up. I'm along for the journey, excited to see your girls blossom into proper ladies! Have some Reps for the great start!

hey sweetleef,

thanks for the tips man! they are currently in 4 inch pots (height) so whatever that equates to in gallons aha.
ive bough some much larger pots for them which ill transplant them into when they are ready, i think those pots are 2 or 3 gal so they should be sweet.

thanks again mate!

Oh and i forgot to mention, "Billie" the Green Poison broke soil today!! ill take photos of them all again tomorrow

subbed

With the autos you for sure want a 5 gallon even just a grow back that's what I did in my last grow they are really sensitive they all start flowering at about 20 days so if you transplant do it gently as possible. Then again I burnt the crap out of one of mine during flower it's was a lot more sensitive then the rest though. But with the abuse I still pulled 30grams. They like to be lst'd a bit I would suggest it to maximize the light your using now. I had a few really decent yeilders with them though one was 3 zips main cola the size of my arm! I'll definitely will run some autos again someday. Prob do a few outdoor this summer.

Was just wondering about my setup:

Im currently using an ikea zip up wardrobe as my tent and i was thinking about upgrading to this; 1.2x 1.2x 2m Heavy Duty Mylar Hydroponics Indoor Grow Tent Bud Box Dark Room | eBay
does anyone think this would be a worthy investment?

You wardrobe looks fine for what you have going on at the mo, but once you throw in an HID light, and a fan powerful enough to pull the warm air out, you'll need vent holes for the air to escape/enter the room. I'm sure you could cut your own holes though... I guess it just depends on what you want out of this and future grows.

I'd say yes though, then you have two tents to grow in :)

Good luck with your decision. :)

subbed

Looking nice so far Rhino! One thing I personally would do is lower the lights. Hold your hand at a distance of say 4 inches and see how warm it gets. If it's lukewarm, lower the lights to that distance. The stems will thicken up and the babies will start leafing up faster with more light. Another light saving thing is to make a reflector of double layer aluminum foil for your lamps, and bend it as needed to concentrate the light on the plants.

actually other people have used a great idea they get the splitter that allows 2 bulbs and screw that into a small screw in light reflector one of those cheap clip on ones that sell like 4-5 bucks
aluminum foil is not good as it can create hot spots
other thing you can do first off is lower those cfl's to the sides keeping them far enough from getting burned the cfl bulbs lights are more intense off the sides not from the bottom
or if you have some way to turn them on their sides then above them is fine close enough to not burn your hand is good
that's like the rule of thumb for light distance as far as cfl's go theres an actual chart for hid's
led's have their own distances depending on the light
flouro tubes can be pretty close also depends on the light used
happy Tokerday Rhino :thumb:

Sorry for the lack of posts over the past few days!
i have surrounded all of them with homemade reflectors and I'm waiting on a fan, ill post some photos today :)

As promised here are the photos of my updated set up and the 4 girls :) :

Setup:
IMG_096016.JPG

IMG_096116.JPG

Judas (Dark Devil) Day 7:
Judas_1.JPG
Judas_2.JPG

Frank Day 17:
Frank_1.JPG
Frank_2.JPG

Beyonce (Blue Ox) Day 7:
Beyonce_1.JPG
Beyonce_2.JPG

And the latest addition Billie (Green Poison) Day 3:
Billie_1.JPG

you need to find some mylar like one of those emergency blankets
the foil isn't good to use it will create hot spots fyi
but the plants are looking good man
Happy Thurweed day Rhino :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom