s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

:) welcome back:)
"Got my feet wet now its time to dive in - Completed! "

I remember this grow from when i first found this site, i just never grew or made a journal at the time.
I even recognized the original journal post and pictures from the grow !

so do you think (not that I am using co2 yet) it would be better for me to use both hoses? I would think with both it would pull in fresh air from outside and vent out the heat from the unit out the other hose. Soelius Air told me if I am trying to use there 2 hose models in a sealed environment to only use the exhaust hose and add the fresh air filter? I dunno but I bet ronnie would. he the HVAC go to guy IMHO

AFAIK, you need to use both hoses with a portable that has 2. Otherwise the cold air the AC is making just gets sucked out to cool off the compressor. Since the AC is less than 100% efficient, that's not going to be very effective.

From what I understand, and I have done some research on this... these "TWO hose" portable air conditioners have two intakes and two outputs. If you are only using the one exhaust, then it is constantly pulling air out of your house and pushing it (with odor) outside (the input on the back is sucking in your house air). So your regular central air con has to work that much harder. The negative pressure in your house WILL suck in air from the outside to replace what the air con evacuated. So yes I think it would be better to take the two input/output rear hoses and put them both outside. This will keep the air pressure in your house constant. On the inside of the grow room, the unit takes in air and pushes out cool air, keeping that pressure constant as well.

The "gotcha" is that none of these sub-$500 units are actually SEALED. Meaning the input/output in the rear, is not sealed to the input/output on the front. So, C02 will leak out of the room. Their $3000 unit is designed so it is sealed.

I would REALLY like to run co2 but I can't do it without an aircon / dehumidifier. The only option I see is a mini split, but I don't want a unit sitting outside my house... if ya kno wha i'm sayin

>>>>I do want to try a run with bigger smart pots say 7 or ten gallon and fewer plants to see whats more efficient.

I would really like to see that! You don't see many people with those big fabric pots growing indoors. When I read about people with "one pounders" indoors, one thing they all have in common.... HUGE grow containers! I'm trying for 12oz in the superoots 5.2 gallon air-pot. She goes into flower in one week!

The only portable AC's I've seen with 4 hoses are the commercial models. Those actually are sealed and won't leak your CO2. The non-commercial versions, like mine, do have 2 sets of intakes and exhausts, but one set is not connected to any hoses. Mine intakes in the back and blows the cooled air out a vent on top.

I agree with you that it's unlikely that any of the retail portable AC's will suit the needs of a grower trying to create a CGE. I was able to improve the performance of mine, but I took it apart and sealed it up the best I could. It helped, but it still leaks out some CO2 and odor. I have 2 charcoal filters, so I can deal with the odor, but this is not ideal.

Others told me to get a minisplit, but I ignored the advice. Hopefully someone else will read this and not repeat my mistake.

The portables have a catch 22. They require a good exhaust as they blow off a LOT of heat. Think about it, you're trying to remove ALL the heat being generated by your lights, and in my case the giant natural gas heater firing up every 3 minutes. If you have access to an outside wall to exhaust, you would be better off with a wall/window style AC.

Frankly, I would NEVER recommend a portable AC for anyone, yet alone a grower. Don't waste money like me. Get the mini split if you can't exhaust enough heat with fans.

I am always amazed how the 1st. 80+ degree day is harder to deal with than in August when its really hot??
After all I had to go thru to save money and not buy ANOTHER a/c all I can say is "MINI-SPLIT"?? Now I have a 16"x12" hole in the wall that I will have to deal with every winter. Maybe next year I can afford to buy one of those dual head minis with heat? If so I will board up the new hole in the wall and get it right:)
If I could have only known this cabin wasn't going to be a wood shop as planned and a grow room, I could've made it so much easier on myself thats for sure. Oh well $hit could always be worse, thats for sure.

My friend, I'm right there with you on every account! It hit 80 here this week, and I felt like I was melting. :blalol:

I tried to save money by buying a portable. I'm now saving up for a mini split too. I have all sorts of abandoned holes here and there. Even the best thought out plans change once put into action. :)

I want to apologize to everyone subbed up on this thread for my absence. Things are hectic and I am scrambling to get up enought funds to get the house.

I hear ya about being busy too! I've barely able to catch up once a week, and my poor neglected journal...
I'm not sure what going on with your housing. I thought you were moving the whole fam to the cabin. I guess I got confused or forgot something ;)

I'm gonna leave the funds thing alone. Let's just say I've not received ANY return on my investment yet. :confused: :trance: :bitingnails:
I'm working on that though. :winkyface:

:) welcome back:)
Yes, welcome back
AFAIK, you need to use both hoses with a portable that has 2. Otherwise the cold air the AC is making just gets sucked out to cool off the compressor. Since the AC is less than 100% efficient, that's not going to be very effective.

I will try that, thanks a lot hiker

The only portable AC's I've seen with 4 hoses are the commercial models. Those actually are sealed and won't leak your CO2. The non-commercial versions, like mine, do have 2 sets of intakes and exhausts, but one set is not connected to any hoses. Mine intakes in the back and blows the cooled air out a vent on top.

I agree with you that it's unlikely that any of the retail portable AC's will suit the needs of a grower trying to create a CGE. I was able to improve the performance of mine, but I took it apart and sealed it up the best I could. It helped, but it still leaks out some CO2 and odor. I have 2 charcoal filters, so I can deal with the odor, but this is not ideal.

Others told me to get a minisplit, but I ignored the advice. Hopefully someone else will read this and not repeat my mistake.

The portables have a catch 22. They require a good exhaust as they blow off a LOT of heat. Think about it, you're trying to remove ALL the heat being generated by your lights, and in my case the giant natural gas heater firing up every 3 minutes. If you have access to an outside wall to exhaust, you would be better off with a wall/window style AC.

Frankly, I would NEVER recommend a portable AC for anyone, yet alone a grower. Don't waste money like me. Get the mini split if you can't exhaust enough heat with fans.

My friend, I'm right there with you on every account! It hit 80 here this week, and I felt like I was melting. :blalol:

I tried to save money by buying a portable. I'm now saving up for a mini split too. I have all sorts of abandoned holes here and there. Even the best thought out plans change once put into action. :)

I hear ya about being busy too! I've barely able to catch up once a week, and my poor neglected journal...
I'm not sure what going on with your housing. I thought you were moving the whole fam to the cabin. I guess I got confused or forgot something ;)

I'm gonna leave the funds thing alone. Let's just say I've not received ANY return on my investment yet. :confused: :trance: :bitingnails:
I'm working on that though. :winkyface:
Yeah plans have changed a few times at least lol. We are now getting a 2013 Cavco Durango 28 x 60 4 bedroom 2 bath manufactured home a.k.a. A Trailer Home brought out the 1st week of September. Could have gotten it sooner but with the Monsoons right around the corner I thought it would be better to wait till there over and it also allows me to save up for another 30-45 days before all the funds have to be to the home dealer. 20% plus closing costs plus the 12 month home owners policy has to be paid up front before he will allow the home on dirt. He's a cool dude I have known him for almost ten years but he still has his requirements that he wants and I can understand. I am glad after he thought about turning us away for a few days he decided to max out everything he had to basically loan us 81,000 bucks at 6%.
It will be real nice having a super insulated home that everyone likes ( the home we live in now was built in 1915 lol) ten steps away from my cabin/grow building and instead of having to shack up on my swiss army cot I can go shower, hang out with the wife and kids and all the cool stuff I will be able to do. Right now I am so far from the home if I am done working until the lights kick on a ten pm and its 530pm I just have to stay and wait. I ain't complaining just looking fwd. to being home. I will be doing a big update w/pics soon, hopefully tonight.

OK so I will do my best to update w/pics and get everyone up to speed.

The last few times I have been up there working I have had to cull out some plants to make room for the plants that are on my schedule and it still kinda bums me out when perfectly healthy plants go to plant hell in the burn barrel, lol. Right now anything that takes away from the schedule takes away from the whole operation. Right now I am flowering in two different rooms and there 30 days apart from each other so I can harvest a fresh batch of meds every month. I am still dialing in my grows and my weekly schedule. It's lloking like I will have one room flowering out the OG Kush cut and the other room the "Cookies". So a super brief version of my schedule go like this: take 24 cuts on the first of every month. ten days (give or take) later or no later than the 15th of the month the cuts which are now clones (rooted) will be transplanted (by the 15th of the month at the latest) into .5 gallon grow bags, 24 of them. No later than the last day of the month (30 days from cut) I will pick out the best of the tranplanted clones and cull the rest. they will veg for another 30 days and before going into the flowering room they will have vegged for over 45 days and be transplanted into 5 gallon smart pots and go into flower. By the time the cuts that were taken on the first hit the flowering rooms they will be 60 days old from cut. The cuts that are taken on the first will become finished medicine in 4 months.
Here is a pic of the OG/Cookies Cuts I took on the 3rd. Was two days late oops:hmmmm: lol
DSCN00727.JPG

Here is some random pics of "Room A", the plants are 37 days from the first signs of flowering or what I call "Flower Set" they are 42 days from 12/12 flip.
DSCN00685.JPG
DSCN00665.JPG
DSCN006410.JPG
DSCN00609.JPG
DSCN00525.JPG
DSCN00514.JPG
DSCN00474.JPG
DSCN00509.JPG
DSCN00436.JPG
DSCN00446.JPG
DSCN00424.JPG
DSCN00454.JPG
DSCN00415.JPG

Here is a pic of how overcrowded the veg room was
DSCN00553.JPG

Here is what it looks like now after culling out the room
DSCN00719.JPG

A pic of how well the port a/c is keeping the temps and humidity in room a
DSCN006510.JPG

It's been getting well over 90 degrees during the day and my temps never hit 75 and go as low as 65, I am very pleased. I do want a dual head mini split before next Summer.
A quick pic of the Future "Cookies" mother plants or plant, not sure yet.
DSCN00535.JPG

Last pics are of the new 9 plants in room b plus a couple of stragglers I just could cull
DSCN00705.JPG
DSCN00698.JPG

This time I got the first of two nets up sooner and tighter, thanks for all the help shottafire.

Hey s1ing! great news with the new home. nothing like having all the stuff work the way its supposed too:)
the girls are purdy:thumb:
have a great weed my friend.

Amazing, Sling! I know what you mean about culling. Makes you wish you had some friends to spread the love, eh?

This cookies picture looks like it could be on the cover of 420magazine.

DSCN00535.JPG

Damn nice cookies.

and that OG is really beautiful and resiny, for me.. was love at first sight. :love:

who helps you with all this ???

Just me myself and I lol. The wife helps me trim if I need it. Last yer I had a shady partner but this year its just me doing my solo thing and I love it. From now on if I have to hire help I'm working to hard:)

Hey s1ing! great news with the new home. nothing like having all the stuff work the way its supposed too:)
the girls are purdy:thumb:
have a great weed my friend.
Thanks fish cake and great weed to you to my brother

Amazing, Sling! I know what you mean about culling. Makes you wish you had some friends to spread the love, eh?

This cookies picture looks like it could be on the cover of 420magazine.

DSCN00535.JPG
Yeah no doubt would much rather give em than kill em and have at times but lately its not working out that way. I dont know about any cover shots but Thanks a lot, means alot to hear you guys give compliments. I am a hard critic on myself like alot of us are. Hopefully one day I will feel satisfied and dialed in, for now its like a mad scientist "Back to the drawing board" lol.
It's getting hella warm I hope all you bros and sisters stay cool and high:)

looking good and productive bfam!:thumb: you can always bring me a cut/clone/plant or 2 if your gonna be swinging by my zone, i hope you didnt send any cookiez to the bad hot place! im going nuts wanting one! , its getting borderline close on heat for me i have no cooling in the tents at all,just glad it gets as cool as it does at night here, or i would have to shut down or at least make major changes, im working on some kind of cooler i have a giant swamp cooler for a house that needs everything but a motor and cage,oh it has a spider but needs pump,float,belt ,wiring and pads, ,sounds like your new house will be a sweet place,this thing we bought is a money pit i wish i had examined it closer,,still have no ac(it has 2 units on top that dont work) we have 1 window unit thats saving our bacon in our bedroom, but thats the only semicool place, i cant get up on roofs to fix stuff so its prolly another windo unit gonna happen

looking good and productive bfam!:thumb: you can always bring me a cut/clone/plant or 2 if your gonna be swinging by my zone, i hope you didnt send any cookiez to the bad hot place! im going nuts wanting one! , its getting borderline close on heat for me i have no cooling in the tents at all,just glad it gets as cool as it does at night here, or i would have to shut down or at least make major changes, im working on some kind of cooler i have a giant swamp cooler for a house that needs everything but a motor and cage,oh it has a spider but needs pump,float,belt ,wiring and pads, ,sounds like your new house will be a sweet place,this thing we bought is a money pit i wish i had examined it closer,,still have no ac(it has 2 units on top that dont work) we have 1 window unit thats saving our bacon in our bedroom, but thats the only semicool place, i cant get up on roofs to fix stuff so its prolly another windo unit gonna happen

The problem I have is getting out your way. I might have a part or two you need for your cooler. Let me get into my shipping container/storage and see if i have a 1/3rd horse electric motor. You might have to come out my way though. I did send on of the cookies phenos to hell but it was one that grew really weak and didn't make the cut. I still have the others and am going to shove another in room b. There is one of the cookies clones in there right now so in less than 9 weeks I ought to know more. I hope your able to keep cool and keep those high brix babies jamming.

im with you on that cookies man i dont even want to think like this...

i dont need a motor ,it has that and the squirrle cage, it needs the rest, but i have no idea ow i would hook it up,or even move it, so im more or less giving up on that one, saw a 5050btu ac at wallys for 99$ just need the$ prolly cheaper than fixing that swamper easier for sure, damn shame on the cookies id even nurse a weak one to health, you have to stop teling me how your burning plants, MURDERER! id be scared to be your plant!:thumb:

i dont need a motor ,it has that and the squirrle cage, it needs the rest, but i have no idea ow i would hook it up,or even move it, so im more or less giving up on that one, saw a 5050btu ac at wallys for 99$ just need the$ prolly cheaper than fixing that swamper easier for sure, damn shame on the cookies id even nurse a weak one to health, you have to stop teling me how your burning plants, MURDERER! id be scared to be your plant!:thumb:

Sometimes you have to do things to ensure the overall health of the garden. I will always chuck the weak plants and concentrate on the healthy ones. Good thing I am not in charge of people huh?
Stay cool all my brothers and sisters

good weed s1ing:)

good weed s1ing:)

You to fish cake:)
Here are some pics of some leaves that have some issue that I can't figure out. Whatever the problem is seems to be affecting both flowering rooms and the mother clone/veg room as well. The only thing they all share in common is the water? I am only giving them straight 100% Reverse Osmosis water that comes in at 5 PPM give or take a couple and I have been giving them a small amount of Ca MG supplement called Cal Magic or something like that. Even the cuts in the cloner are kinda off??
Luckily all of the new growth looks like whatever caused it is either been changed or the plants winning the battle? Only thing I could think of was a couple of weeks ago I was giving the plants i gallon of city tap water to two gallons of RO. The other thing I thought was the heat (I doubt it) or the 18" wall mounted fans were giving them some kind of wind burn? Some of the plants have some residual of sunshine advanced #4 on the leaves and after noticing how dirty they were I gave em a good bath/foliar feeding of foliage pro by dyna bro. If anyone has ideas or suggestions PLEASE let me have it. I sure could use some help on this one guys and gals, Thanks
What looks like mites or some white bugs is crushed up pieces of perlite. I do know that a good cleaning of the veg room tray that is dirty is going to be a must do next trip.
DSCN00915.JPG
DSCN00907.JPG
DSCN00896.JPG
DSCN00886.JPG
DSCN00876.JPG
DSCN00868.JPG
DSCN00839.JPG
DSCN00826.JPG
DSCN00818.JPG

I did find one of the sticky traps that always have caught fungus gnats but this time had micro tiny somethings on it. I did also take that sticky trap and sealed it in a ziploc bag so I can look at it with the scope and try to figure out WTF they are??After looking and searching on as many plants as possible I couldn't find any creepy crawlers anywhere other than a couple of gnats here and there. Luckily the plants that are finishing up week 5 are doing really good and I think the plants will recover or I am hoping at least. I am giving them AN 2 part ph perfect line plus B52, Voodoo, Big Bud, Overdrive and Kushie Kush. They never get more than 1000 PPM's do ya'll think this could be a sign of them not getting enough food? I also plan on flushing them this time for ten days instead of the 7 last time and if that doesnt do it next time 14 day flush.
Peace all

maybe they are not getting enough cal mag, i've heard og's need alot of calmag. how many ml per gallon of calimagic are you using? i had some calmag def's last grow.

:Namaste:

maybe they are not getting enough cal mag, i've heard og's need alot of calmag. how many ml per gallon of calimagic are you using? i had some calmag def's last grow.

:Namaste:
When I give it to em which has been pretty often I give them 5mls per gallon. I have been adding 20 ML's to 4 gallons along with their food. Do you think it's from overfeeding? I have been feeding them 2/3rd strength with almost every watering. I am also thinking after looking at more of the pics maybe I am dealing with Thryps? Not sure but sure would like to correct whatever it is. I am not used to seeing older leaves do this, usually they get yellow and either fall off or get picked off?
Thanks Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom