s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

looking good Sling:bravo:that "burning like a road flare" you mentioned is caused by magnesium bro, Corey from BPN told me to stop using cal mag all together at least 3 weeks before harvest so thats what I did this round and it made a huge difference in flavor and the way it burns, much smoother because it doesnt burn as hot:)
Jon
Thanks for that and +Reps for sho. I get real close if not a full three weeks of no CA or MG supplement on this batch, the last one was obviously cut off too late, I know theres some in the base but have been flushing already and should be 15days give or take that they'll flush. I'll keep track of how this harvest burns and adjust accordingly. Thanks alot bro! This round thats finishing in room a I waited until they got there final swell and the night I noticed the white hairs were the minority and that was the night I started giving them ph'd H2O plus a flushing additive. I hope this helps, we'll see. :thanks:

a refractometer is just a glass prism no batteries/electronics just 1 screw to adjust calibration i checked that twice, you squeeze out some juice from the leaves put it on the lense/prism close it has a transparent cover called a daylight plate you hold it up to a light source and look in the back end it refracts the light coming in thru the sample and depending on how much "sugar" is held in suspension it give you a reading its shown in blue and white where the 2 meet on the scale is your reading, icemud had some hitting in the 20s a couple grows back, its not like i am having a reading thats off the charts 50 times normal, it goes up to 32 brix, it may be reading to high for some reason but ive tested that plant 3 times and its been 25,24,24
i dont think ph or water hardness has anything to do with it at all, maybe i just got lucky, or a freak plant, to my knowledge nobody has ever tried high brix in coco before, maybe its got something to do with that, idk but i sure hope its really that high, cuz that would be some seriously powerful and valuable bud!! i have alot more testing to do and stuff to figure out, so time will tell, sounds like you got the living arrangment thing worked out sounds less than ideal but hey joke em if they cant take a f**k! i know you'll make it wok somehow and come out smellin like a rose err um a bud!! lol:thumb:
be well bfam

Sorry bfam I should have made a new paragraph cause I was done talking about the brix number testing. I wanted to ask about the hard water having any ill effects on the high brix growing, as I am waiting to start baking some super soil and DocBuds High Brix Kit till I get some extra fundage up. Obviously if anything, The Hard water that is so prevent helps! your numbers are unheard of and deserve a Congrats bro:bravo::goodjob::thumb::high-five: Keep at it I think you've found your niche.
So yeah as being ideal far from it. Good thing were not rating our efficiency in GPG Grams Per Gallon:rofl: I'd be way low lol. It's going to be real hard once were moved cause it's so far I will not be able to stay one night at home and one night at the gardens. As of now I am at each place once each day and just take turns where I sleep. It will probably be 2-3 complete days at work and go home for 30 hours and be back to work. Give me some time to get caught up and I'll Pm ya.
Reps to you too B.I.D. for the schooling on the way a refractor works nice explanation.

Thanks for the compliments I really appreciate them. I have so much to do and wish I had more energy in me and less pain cause there are so many upgrades I could do but instead of building up some good old sweat equity I opt for the army cot and laptop to ease the Sciatica. If I got creative (hope to soon) there is so much potential I have in parts and equipment that would be like a day and night difference to what I am growing with now. I feel kinda like a combination of shame and guilt when I only water or feed and thats it, or when I take a good look around the cabin and see all the lame areas. Should be maintaining completed rooms, not rooms that need paint and better everything lol. With time I guess, I will be busy moving and dealing with all kinda of temporary stuff so eventually I will get each aspect "Dealt With". This journal will be completed once we get a Cookies Harvest.
I will make sure to have dry numbers and a smoke report on both strains for you guys before I close it. I hope to do a high brix journal and also a RDWC journal but will have to wait until I get a RO and the well working cause I dont want to haul all that like I do now. Not sure how many people realize but I am grateful to be able to haul everydrop of water that hits the garden. Most days I haul approx 13 one gallon bottles that get filled one drop at a time.
Remember this one lol.
DSCN9130.JPG

Alright I'm out I'm tired and have to get up early which $ucks cause the kiddos are out for Summer break and theres no need to wake before 9 this time of the year.

Just a peek at how the plants are doing in the room A aka 8by8 tent. 9 plants in 3 gallon grow bags on a 4 by 4 tray. They are at the end of week 6 and will be getting nothing but water + flushing agent for the last 2 weeks, hope you like I know I am very pleased.
DSCN012810.JPG
DSCN01306.JPG

I think one of these pics might already be uploaded, sorry lol.

looks good, tell you this if i had to do it the way you do with all the driving and hauling water,(i kinda haul it from the hose outside) theres no way i would do it i get tired and think about shutting down all the time with the 1/100th of what you do that i do, im gonna skip watering tonight out of pure exhaustion or laziness idk which it is, i'll do it tomorrow, i say that to often, lol you do a buttload of work with a disability, put many whipper snappers to shame that are in perfect health:high-five::bravo:

looks good, tell you this if i had to do it the way you do with all the driving and hauling water,(i kinda haul it from the hose outside) theres no way i would do it i get tired and think about shutting down all the time with the 1/100th of what you do that i do, im gonna skip watering tonight out of pure exhaustion or laziness idk which it is, i'll do it tomorrow, i say that to often, lol you do a buttload of work with a disability, put many whipper snappers to shame that are in perfect health:high-five::bravo:

I try BID lol. I have always been the type to take on more work than most. Had to work at a young age and had my own place since I was 16, almost 30 years ago. Everyonce in a while all the work I take on pays off and I am glad i did it but most times its "back to the drawing board":rofl:
Man if all I had to do was walk from the hose bib to my garden and just water I dont know what I'd do other than get soft and lazy? JK who knows? It's all relative I think.

Well HAPPY FATHERS DAY all you guys:blunt: I hope all you Fathers and Daddys have a nice day. I got to sleep in until 1130! Then the Kids all brought me in a cup of coffee and some cool cards. Wish I didn't have to go to work tonight but hey thats the way I have it setup now and I cant take a chance on letting all the hard work since last Sept. suffer over a couple of hours. Anyone mess around with the blue mat watering solenoids? I think there about 80ish bucks for ten? I want them for Christmas lol That and a new playstation

looks like 2 of the mendo purps clones are gonna make it,im gonna take a couple flowering clones just to be sure, i was reading ed rosenthals books last night and he for sure recommends that a few days after you take the cuts to add some high phosphorous bloom 1/4 strength nutes to the clone water, and for sure to use b1 or superthrive, i always add some ST but im gonna try the P trick next cuts,the heat wiped out all but 3 of my clones last round got up to 110f in the dome, i forgot to unplug or put the heat mat on a timer....oops!:bravo:, have a happy dad day:high-five:

looks like 2 of the mendo purps clones are gonna make it,im gonna take a couple flowering clones just to be sure, i was reading ed rosenthals books last night and he for sure recommends that a few days after you take the cuts to add some high phosphorous bloom 1/4 strength nutes to the clone water, and for sure to use b1 or superthrive, i always add some ST but im gonna try the P trick next cuts,the heat wiped out all but 3 of my clones last round got up to 110f in the dome, i forgot to unplug or put the heat mat on a timer....oops!:bravo:, have a happy dad day:high-five:

OOPS lmao, sorry bfam but that mad me smile and laugh and I needed that. I have been taking frozen 20 ounce bottles of water and twice a shift I swap out one in the turbo kloner. I thought 82 was bad 110? lol
Have a nice Fathers Day all and BFAM even you have one even if your only babies are those awesome plants.
happy Fathers Day bro

:Namaste:
You too ronnie, can't wait to see you flower out some plants in your RDWC system

OH BOY OH BOY looks like you got a bud factory! got to get thos mexicans back to work on trimmin your buds!! haha : P hope aall is good in the hood!

Come swing by some time, also im in POTM you should vote for someone if you havent you dog you!

OH BOY OH BOY looks like you got a bud factory! got to get thos mexicans back to work on trimmin your buds!! haha : P hope aall is good in the hood!

Come swing by some time, also im in POTM you should vote for someone if you havent you dog you!

Oh Yeah! lol, give me a minute and I'll go take a peak.

man those nugs are looking FAT!! nice work Sling! I got my new journal up heres the link.
Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Thanks Jon705 means alot to me. And thanks also for the URL. I'll go Sub up in a few

Man if all I had to do was walk from the hose bib to my garden and just water I dont know what I'd do other than get soft and lazy? JK who knows? It's all relative I think.

That reminds me of some exciting news. I got a new hose yesterday. Just a little 25'er, but now I don't have to bring in the hose I use to water the lawn everytime I want it. It was such a chore! Now I can leave it connected all the time! I do have to walk about 6' to get to the hose bib I put in the basement though. :rofl:

If it makes you feel any better. I'm having to collect my RO manually right now too. My barrel that has the float valve in it is getting cleaned outside. I think it was imparting something into the water that was affecting the res or maybe reacting with the nutes! So now I just fill up 5g buckets at a time. I'm about 3/10 for NOT overflowing it and having to mop up my basement. :winkyface:

Well HAPPY FATHERS DAY all you guys:blunt: I hope all you Fathers and Daddys have a nice day. I got to sleep in until 1130! Then the Kids all brought me in a cup of coffee and some cool cards. Wish I didn't have to go to work tonight but hey thats the way I have it setup now and I cant take a chance on letting all the hard work since last Sept. suffer over a couple of hours. Anyone mess around with the blue mat watering solenoids? I think there about 80ish bucks for ten? I want them for Christmas lol That and a new playstation

Nice to hear you got to sleep in. Your kids have a great dad even if they don't quite appreciate it as much as they will someday. :Namaste:

That reminds me of some exciting news. I got a new hose yesterday. Just a little 25'er, but now I don't have to bring in the hose I use to water the lawn everytime I want it. It was such a chore! Now I can leave it connected all the time! I do have to walk about 6' to get to the hose bib I put in the basement though. :rofl:

If it makes you feel any better. I'm having to collect my RO manually right now too. My barrel that has the float valve in it is getting cleaned outside. I think it was imparting something into the water that was affecting the res or maybe reacting with the nutes! So now I just fill up 5g buckets at a time. I'm about 3/10 for NOT overflowing it and having to mop up my basement. :winkyface:

Nice to hear you got to sleep in. Your kids have a great dad even if they don't quite appreciate it as much as they will someday. :Namaste:

About 22 years ago when I had my first experience being a Daddy I promised myself and my kid that I would be "The Dad I never Had!" I would never want any kid let alone my own child to go thru what I did and or have the Step-Dad I had. If it wasn't for my Mother's 3rd Husband I would've been able to stay around my family in Nor Cal, instead we moved out to SFV, of course I aint complaining about being raised in SFV cause the street races in the 80's were worth it.

I took some pics this morning before I crashed out on the army cot. They are about nine days out from harvest. This time I am flushing the heck out of them (prob. too much) with water and Final Phase at 2 ml.'s per L so I've been using 30 ML.'s for every 4 gallons. The last two nights I have been there I gave them 2 buckets full or approx. 8 gallons. I do see a difference with the way the leaves look, there not looking as great as they did last time but I realize that's what it probably takes to get the nutrients out of the plant.
Anyways the odd ball pic is just to show the amount of negative pressure that the tent (room a) is producing, or at least thats what I think it is. Bassman calls it "Tent Suck" I think (sorry if it aint you bass) I am thinking of firing up the HydroGen soon if not this next reload maybe room b's in 6 weeks
DSCN01346.JPG
DSCN01367.JPG
DSCN013510.JPG
DSCN012810.JPG
DSCN01306.JPG
DSCN013913.JPG
DSCN01386.JPG
DSCN013710.JPG

DSCN01459.JPG

I hope you all like the pics and thanks for following along. I will take a bunch of pics of the harvest and of the dry bugs, weights included this round. I will keep this journal going for approx. 8 more weeks or until I get a harvest of "Cookies" for those who have been patiently waiting. Hopefully my next journal will have a "How To" section about hooking up and maintaining a water cooled CO2 Generator

Very Nice S1ing:bravo:
good weed to you too

we get are share of +90. thats when my electric bill ...I dont even want to talk about it:)

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom