Seedsman's Banana Jealousy Comparative Grow In Progressive DWC By Token Roll

Shell definitely fill the rest by the time she's done stretching đź’Ş she's solid, looking great Toke đź‘Ś

Time for another update.

I must say @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy is something else. Her branch structure is so thick it is stretching the net to it's max. Right now, the frame for the scrog net is still on the floor, but I don't know if it will be there much long Banana Jealousy is pushing up hard.

Starting to get a little stretch but it is early. She still taking a gallon of solution a day, so that means I need to make 3 gallons nutrient solution every other day, just for this one. She is being fed week one of flower but her current age is 7 days seedling, 53 days veg, and now on the 6th day of transiting. Total 66 days from seed to now and it's time for the party to begin.

Still using @Remo Nutrients at the prescribed dosage from week 1 of flower, but I am also doing a cal-mag foliage spray every few days for a couple weeks which I am just about done with. The healthy green color is back, most likely cause is probably lower nitrogen level in the nutrients.

I am using the @ViparSpectra KS-5000 LED this grow and current settings are 39 DLI at 100% of output and the light height is at 14 inches for flowering stage

Time for the stretch to begin.
Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.
Let the stretch begin. :yahoo::theband:

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok.. :bong:

Time for an update.

The @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy is now in the flowering stretch stage. She is starting to stretch now and reaching for the ends of the net. Currently she is taking one gallon of solution everyday. She is a solid mass of branches and leaves. I will be some defoliation at day 21 of flowering. If necessary I may need to start early if the stretch gets to wild.

I have her light adjusted to 14 inches at 100% of @ViparSpectra KS-5000 LED. Also, so far so good using @Remo Nutrients , on week 1 of flowering schedule.

Here are some current images of my progress.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Time for an update.

The @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy is now in the flowering stretch stage. She is starting to stretch now and reaching for the ends of the net. Currently she is taking one gallon of solution everyday. She is a solid mass of branches and leaves. I will be some defoliation at day 21 of flowering. If necessary I may need to start early if the stretch gets to wild.

I have her light adjusted to 14 inches at 100% of @ViparSpectra KS-5000 LED. Also, so far so good using @Remo Nutrients , on week 1 of flowering schedule.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Love that canopy!

Time for an update.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Beautiful :popcorn:

Thank you for stopping by @Olddog Newtrick @WakkaDerpin and @gwhunran

I will say it out loud @SeedsMan you guys did a fell of a job on Banana Jealousy genetics. I have mentioned it a couple times before but she is a beast and requires a lot of training to control her. She just keeps pushing out bud sites and leaves. Anyone that wants to do a DWC scrog with Banana Jealousy better plan on some work.

Currently she is averaging 1 1/2 gallons of @Remo Nutrients solution everyday. I make solutions for my plants every other day, or 3 to 4 times a week. On average I would say in one week time, she will drink about 7 1/2 - 8 gallons a week.

Tok..

Hey toke :ciao: just wondering when you grow these beasts does growing such a big plant reduce the amount of stretch in flower?

Thank you for stopping by @Greenvein

The hope and plan that the stretch goes in all directions. I need it to fill in my corners, the net is seriously bowing up from pressure. It will be funny if it comes off the floor. She is stretching and just short of touching three sides of the tent another day or two.

Currently doing a hand defoliation on the under growth during very early flowering stage.

If your wondering what a hand defoliation (no scissors) is, I do this to start removing larf and the such. I found that I can do this during flower without slowing her down. The big plus is better light penetration and removal of any dead or dying plant material. I will be doing this until the stretch is over before scissor trim at day 21.

Anything below the net comes off easy, due to not receiving enough light.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,

Time for another update.

Everything is going well and @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy is reaching the sides of the net, but still have not reached the corners. Still working on the underside of her removing larf and leaches, so more nutrients may it to top where it is needed. What I do is pulled down useless or pre-mature growth. I found that when I pulled her back down through the net weaken the growth for removal and sometimes changing the direction of the grow.

Aside from removal of plant material, she is doing great with the current height of 14 inches above the canopy. My @ViparSpectra KS-5000 has a real chance to show my what it is capable of, and it is doing great for this grow.

She is taking up about 1 1/2 or so gallons a day, and between my other grows I am making 6 gallons of nutrients solution every other day. The Banana Jealousy is currently drinking the most and is nearing the 2 gallons a day mark.

Health wise @Remo Nutrients is working with flying colors, meaning I have not had any issues so far this whole grow. I know that Remo nutrients can be mixed in any order, but I still put cal-mag (Remo's blend) and micro before I add any thing else. I have done a couple cal-mag defoliation spray a few times earlier in the grow to fend of a possible calcium deficiency.

Under canopy images after some larf removal

That's all folk's.

Time to update this one also.

As much of a beast @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy is; I do not think she is going to make it to the corners of the net. She is about done with her stretch and fell short of making it to the corners. Which is find, because I believe I can still pull and exceptional harvest out of her.

Currently I will just be working on removal of all the blocking leaves to open her up to the lights. I gave her a flush today to clean of all the old nutrients from the roots. I use three gallons of water with 15 ml of cla-mag and phd. to 5.8. I normally let this solution run for about 2 hours before I replace the solution with fresh nutrient. This also lessens the chances for root rot.

After the flush she received about 3 gallons of @Remo Nutrients with a ppm's of 1600 and ph'd to 5.8. This may seem high to you on the ppm's, but this is my normal level when I do a DWC grow.

I also, raise the @ViparSpectra KS-5000 up a couple inches to accommodate the growth through the net.

Here are some current images. As you can see I was not able to get het to stretch to the corners but that is okay, because she will still produce well for me.

That's all folk's.

:ciao:

I finally had time to check out your Srcog you mentioned in my journal. Lol I'm super jealous of yours because it's a well thought out massive scrog unlike mine which is chaos.

This girls stalk is impressive, you'll need to chainsaw to give her the chop.

I'm pulling up a chair to watch the good stuff grow :popcorn:.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words @g-one-three

She coming along nicely and starting to build bud sites. I think the next scrog I do I will use @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy it has a stretch that is more inducive for a scrog net with her stretch and spacing of her nodes. Just a future thought.

Every other day now, I am removing leaves blocking the light and dead material; to persuade her to start building buds and fattening up. At this point there is not a lot for me to do except for lite defoliation.

That's all folk's.

Time for an update.

I just finished correcting my PH last night which had drifted to the upper 70. Upon feeding and checking it this morning it was sitting at 5.9 so I am good with that. So you may see some dead leaves that need removed in a couple days. You will also, notice that I have been cleaning up in the undergrowth to improve light and air penetration. So lately I have been setup her up for the premier showing in PotM possibly.

I must say that @SeedsMan Banana Jealousy if definitely a robust plant with thick branches. I will grow her in my 3x3 with Promix next time and see how she does. She is about at the end of stretch and is starting to build bud sites.

She is currently on week 3 of @Remo Nutrients flowering schedule enjoying 39 DLI under my @ViparSpectra KS-5000. I did not get the stretch across the net I wanted, but I still think I can pull close to a kilo or 800 plus grams from her in the end. I like to test out the possibilities of getting more yield than the suggested amount. That way I know I had a good grow.

That's all folk's.

Back
Top Bottom