ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatter

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

FLIP +23

Just a pic update. The gals LOVE the chelated calcium phosphate. I can tell after 2 days, they have jumped into high gear finally.
If you look in these pics you will see MH2 relegated to side duty, she is flowering now but loses the good light. She is the short one with teeny tiny buds.

IMG_37334.JPG
IMG_37327.JPG
IMG_37315.JPG
IMG_37309.JPG
IMG_37296.JPG
IMG_37285.JPG
IMG_37278.JPG
IMG_37266.JPG

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

Did you hit the nitro button? They are in high gear huh Shiggity!? You are a damn good grower in my opinion. This is just about the most exciting part besides the harvest and smoke test.:cheer:

Did you hit the nitro button? They are in high gear huh Shiggity!? You are a damn good grower in my opinion. This is just about the most exciting part besides the harvest and smoke test.:cheer:

A bunch of things went wrong lol. I got light crazy and bought three LED lights spending all the money. I started these seeds in an old two year old soil that was riddled with roots and too high in drainage. So the early pics you can see overwatering and pH issues.

I corrected that at transplant with more peat content but you can see calmag problems and pH issues even though I supplemented with crushed dolomite lime, and a little molasses with each watering. Some cannazym with each watering has helped to get rid of the old roots and garbage and thusly stabilize the pH to some degree.

I had never used LED lights and wasn't prepared for their desire for calcium and magnesium lol. Epsom salt foliar helped the magnesium aspect. But still they hunkered down and grew. During the stretch which seems now to be over some of my plants really showed the need for more cal mag. But I don't like Nitrogen in flower so I found that chelated calcium phosphate. Calcium phosphate is normally highly insoluble but the chelation makes it available to the plants. So now I think they are finally happy. This grow has been a good reeducation after all the time off. Just wait till next grow cycle. Then I should be able to strut my stuff. I will have all the phenos sorted out, and I plan to grab three more LEDs, I was thinking of pulling all the HPS a bit closer to one another and putting one LED to each side of each HPS. That would let me do 20 plants in a 6' x 8'. Right now I am in a 4'X 9'. Or I may keep the lights like they are but add one LED to one side of each HPS and run an extra row of plants. That would be the least work to change lol.

Well they look damn good at this point.

Fine looking grow room ShiggityFlip. You're doing a great job of growing and a real plus to be able to diagnose problems and prescribe a cure. May have to put a MD after your handle. Couldn't help but notice HK11 in post #227. Her leaves were all pointing up unlike the other ladies in the room. Can't help but think she might be trying to collect as much water as possible. When I see plant in my vegetable garden doing that it usually means they're thirsty. Just a thought.

Fine looking grow room ShiggityFlip. You're doing a great job of growing and a real plus to be able to diagnose problems and prescribe a cure. May have to put a MD after your handle. Couldn't help but notice HK11 in post #227. Her leaves were all pointing up unlike the other ladies in the room. Can't help but think she might be trying to collect as much water as possible. When I see plant in my vegetable garden doing that it usually means they're thirsty. Just a thought.

I have always thought of marijuana plants that do this as praying for light. I have always taken it as a sign that they are truly happy. This particular girl has always done this from the start of flower until now. Day, night, wet, dry she always has her arms lifted. I find it to be quite pretty. But I do appreciate your comment. It is good power of observation and you should continue to cultivate that aspect of your skill set. Never hesitate to comment on one of my grows. Your observation could be the thing that saves me from disaster!!!

A bunch of things went wrong lol. I got light crazy and bought three LED lights spending all the money. I started these seeds in an old two year old soil that was riddled with roots and too high in drainage. So the early pics you can see overwatering and pH issues.

I corrected that at transplant with more peat content but you can see calmag problems and pH issues even though I supplemented with crushed dolomite lime, and a little molasses with each watering. Some cannazym with each watering has helped to get rid of the old roots and garbage and thusly stabilize the pH to some degree.

I had never used LED lights and wasn't prepared for their desire for calcium and magnesium lol. Epsom salt foliar helped the magnesium aspect. But still they hunkered down and grew. During the stretch which seems now to be over some of my plants really showed the need for more cal mag. But I don't like Nitrogen in flower so I found that chelated calcium phosphate. Calcium phosphate is normally highly insoluble but the chelation makes it available to the plants. So now I think they are finally happy. This grow has been a good reeducation after all the time off. Just wait till next grow cycle. Then I should be able to strut my stuff. I will have all the phenos sorted out, and I plan to grab three more LEDs, I was thinking of pulling all the HPS a bit closer to one another and putting one LED to each side of each HPS. That would let me do 20 plants in a 6' x 8'. Right now I am in a 4'X 9'. Or I may keep the lights like they are but add one LED to one side of each HPS and run an extra row of plants. That would be the least work to change lol.
Our plants have been through very similar issues with the cal Mag , I've had to be constantly diagnosing and watching them closely, then I even had to do the molasses and Epsom's cause I had no cal Mag and the cal Mag I had ordered didn't turn up +rep shiggs for dealing with all that shit successfully it's a real pain in the ass!

... and I plan to grab three more LEDs, I was thinking of pulling all the HPS a bit closer to one another and putting one LED to each side of each HPS. That would let me do 20 plants in a 6' x 8'. Right now I am in a 4'X 9'. Or I may keep the lights like they are but add one LED to one side of each HPS and run an extra row of plants. That would be the least work to change lol.

If there's one thing I've learned in the last month and half, it's that my "plan" changes every time I step into the same room as the ladies.

Not unlike with their two-legged distant cousins.

I'm in for the long haul, can't wait to see the next grow from the beginning.

Yep plans change and if I don't change with them I'm buggered, be nice if we could all just feed and grow our plants at whatever rate we want but they are a life force of thier own and like to remind us that from time to time they say "you can't tell me what to do!, same goes for women hahaha just when you think you've figured them out, surprise! Hahaha

just when you think you've figured them out, surprise! Hahaha

In 1985 i was sure I knew everything there was to know about women.

Teenagers can be so dumb.

I would bend them into shape each and every day. The advantage of this over wire training is that it continually forces them to spend energy over the course of the day to bend back up again. And it builds super thick stems and an even canopy. With all the repair going on each day the plants have less of a chance to grow longer.

The negative is that it takes a long time to do each day and you do accidentally top some by breaking branches lol. But I splint the broken ones with aluminum tape which works well and is easy to remove.

When they finally get to flower I don't train them beyond the first week. The stems become too brittle. So flowering is when I bust out the training wire to gently move them into shape.

Subbed.. Just going to be the quiet guy over here in the corner.... :smokin:

Love the garden!! :bravo:

:welcome: to :420: JB!

JayBizzle it is awesome to have you here! I hope you can find something useful in this journal. And a good tip is that I am lucky enough to have most of the top growers on the website here so if you see a journal in this thread I would follow it. When you start your own let me know so I can come watch it. I am honored to be your first post on the forum!
-Shiggy

Back
Top Bottom