Smoke2Js Adventures In Breeding

Thanks Curso. I have added 1 Girl Scout Cookies and 1 Super Lemon Haze clone. These ladies will become mother plants. Some of the cuttings will be seeded from a male, to be selected later in the spring from the stable of studs.
IMG_000662.JPG
IMG_000952.JPG
IMG_000575.JPG
IMG_000855.JPG
IMG_000759.JPG
IMG_001244.JPG
IMG_001145.JPG
:high-five:

I'm not sure what clone only is put out as, but are any of the other parents from 100% stabilized breeding stock? I'm trying to start a project myself, but I want to breed out and stabilize a BX3 strain before I breed it to a second strain (stabilized also), my fear being that if I don't lock down the traits in the individual parents then the F2 generation is going to throw out so many unstabilized traits in so many unintended directions that I'll look at it all and say, "That mess all came from the same Mom?!?! Where the F (and I don't mean F1 or F2 by that) do I even start? Backcross what to the original mother? Nothing here even looks like what I started with!" :)

but are any of the other parents from 100% stabilized breeding stock? I'm trying to start a project myself, but I want to breed out and stabilize a BX3 strain before I breed it to a second strain (stabilized also), my fear being that if I don't lock down the traits in the individual parents then the F2 generation is going to throw out so many unstabillized traits in so many unintended directions that I'll look at it all and say, "That mess all came from the same Mom?!?! Where the F (and I don't mean F1 or F2 by that) do I even start? Back-cross what to the original mother? Nothing here even looks like what I started with!" :)

Hey PotChimp, Except for the crosses I made, some with strains i could only get as clones , I will be working on stabilizing for a few years at least. All of the seed stock and clones I started with are stabilized.The seeds I inherited from a person who spent 15 years selectively breeding. The clones came from Harborside, which were cut from feminized mothers. I am just putting the finishing touches on the work that was done, by adding a bit more genetic diversity to ensure hardiness and hybrid vigor, while keeping the hermaphrodite trait out.
I am hoping to create a strain that is exceptionally high in thc and cbd .Its like rolling dice .I am hoping that I roll a genetic critical success, nat 20.:peace:

Seeds are in cups, and sprouting outdoors. I am in love with Oaklands seasons. In about a month all of them should show thier sex. selection for flowering females and breeding males will be chosen a few weeks after flowering starts. :peace:
Well I just get over the cookie clone envy (by finding seeds) then you have to bring the weather up...This is about the time of the year I get weather envy, your talking about getting outdoor going, I'm looking at snow...God I'm Cali Dreaming....

Well I just get over the cookie clone envy (by finding seeds) then you have to bring the weather up...This is about the time of the year I get weather envy, your talking about getting outdoor going, I'm looking at snow...God I'm Cali Dreaming....

Thanks Curso, glad you got some seeds of Cookies. You won't be dissapointed. You are one step ahead of me with those seeds. I have yet to decide on which strain I will cross with my Cookies clone. The SLH will be crossed with my Purple Peruvian.
One problem with a long growing seasons like Oakland gets, hella work for hella days. If you want you can garden all year round. Winter is mild here, we do get some nights when the temp dips below 30 deg f and sometimes those nights are strung together. Spring brings a few strong storms that dump truck loads of rain, and some hail. Spring is not far off my friend, sprout and veg for hella days.:peace:

Just a drive thru and see whats happening. I hear ya about your growing season. Sure wish I had half of it to work with up here. Hey becareful, outsiders plants can bring problems. I'd treat them myself as if they are infected, and spray your regiment. I'm envious. Girl Scout Cookies. You got that in the bay area. Lucky ass mfer...... JK
Dude I seen a flag in your strain list. Nigerian Sativa. I tried some of these from AMS seeds along time back. Plant was the pitts. Least the one I grew out. Leaves soooo close and thick it was a PM magnetic for sure. I never finished it tho. Ofcourse that doesn't mean anything. Plant could've been stressed or even not liked being topped. Well looks like you got your hands full. Rep's ++ Till laters, Keepem Green

I over dosed the sprouts with neem, they went into shock. I watered and waited, they have recovered. I removed the dead leaves today. I will feed with BPN in the morn after a good inspection . The Sour D and Nigerian Beaches sprouts are ready for thier final pots. That'll be before the feedin'ing . Good night all, hope to have a camera soon to document scthuff.:peace::love::adore::morenutes:

My sprouts are happy, I placed them in partial shade. Treating with a much diluted neem mix. I will need to pot them soon, the 1st will be a big shopping day for me, mostly soil, coco coir, vermiculite , perlite, PVC pipes,mosquito netting, wire cage material,and some pots.
I have decided to try growing some of my ladies in double bagged paper bags with a white plastic bag (holes in bottom of plastic bag for drainage)holding it all together.:peace:
Thats the easy stuff. The hard part will be the selction process for breeding with my clones and other females from seed.

Culled 5 males from my 1st sprouts, I have 3 Nigerian Beaches left of the 1st batch and no Sour D. :( . Good thing I picked up a Sour D. clone . Still waiting for sex signs in the second batch , which will be any day now. Many strains have different amounts of stuff required for flowering production to begin . i am sprouting them all together to see which ones want to pre flower the fastest. So far all are on the same boat.
I have sprouted more of my OMG #1, (a 6 way cross)genetics: (Male; [fem side] Sour D x Chocolate Thai x Og Kush x [male side ]Hash Plant #1 x Haze) X ( Female: Land Race Durban Poison ) = OMG #1 "Oakland's Medical Ganja", cause it works wonders on migraines. I also sprouted some 5 way, which shares a lot of genes with my OMG #1( female, Sour d x Choc Thai x Og Kush) x (male side) Hash Plant #1 x Haze) for its uniqueness, and its a great Sativa in a small Hash Plant size. I am not expecting much variation from this one, she is very stable, however I could get a phenom that grows over 12' tall and puts on pounds, I am looking for it.:cheer:

Borrowed a camera for a few shots. Outdoor action. These plants are the result of my crosses last year. Cant wait to see what genetic wonder I have stumbled upon. I like rolling the dice. I can usually, 75% of the time, call my roll. In d an d games DMs loath my, "so I need a Nat 20 huh? Well here it is", looking DM in the face, and rolling the die. "twenty i say", not even looking. The DM breaks eye contact with me and looks down, a look that says"Frack!" comes over his face. Again and Again, and again. For those who don't know a natural 20 is the best roll. The ladies love my roll.:peace:
P8130026.JPG
P8130025.JPG
P8130024.JPG
P8130023.JPG
P8130022.JPG
P8130021.JPG
P8130019.JPG
P8130015.JPG
P8130018.JPG
:love:

Culled a few males yesterday. I picked a nice male for breeding. fem side ,Peruvian #2 (Rojo) x male side, a very red and purple Sour Diesel . He has nice purple flowers. I isolated him in a cutting tray with dome. Under the male(inside the dome) , and over the soil I have placed a paper bag to catch the pollen . One flower has opened and deposited a nice little pile of pollen on the paper covering the soil(glad I thought of that BEFORE i lost some pollen). I will be sprouting some land-race Peruvian #2 (Rojo) looking for a nice big lady to cross it with. I have some females of this cross, they began flowering(tops) right before the males showed. One of the main goals with the Peruvian is to have a faster flowering and finishing plant. I think I got the faster flowering traits I was looking for. Now to see how long till finish. I have isolated one of the females and placed it in the clone chamber after isolation and treatment. I hope to get her to re-veg and produce cuttings in time for her outdoor flowering time test under full sun.Dang that's a mouthful:peace:

Back
Top Bottom