Smokiemcpot's Perpetual Pot Plant Paradise

Looks Beautiful ... I'm Jealous !!! Very nice looking grow. I've never heard of anyone flushing more than once & then letting it dry out. I don't see how it could start drying if you keep giving it water. I guess that's another way of doing it. Shouldn't be no nutes left after that kind of flush for sure. I just wonder if you could possibly get root or bud rot doing that. I really have no idea but that thought crossed my mind. I wouldn't want to see such beautiful plants get ruined.
I'm not really happy with my grow so I'll chalk it up as a learning to grow in Coco experience ... LOL.
I'm only worried about the buds drying not the roots or coco, my consensus was that you keep your regular watering schedule you just drop the nutrients which means I'm still watering daily with just ph water for the flush process..

But wouldn't the roots & Coco have to dry 1st before the buds would dry ? My thoughts are the roots would still be taking up water to the buds & preventing them from drying. Maybe I've been Flushing wrong ? I usually run 3 times the amount of the pot size all in one sitting & then just keep it in my tent til the soil / Coco dries. Then I harvest it & hang it to dry for 3 - 5 days. If I use a 5 gallon pot I put 15 gallons of water through it. I don't bother to pH it because the plant is dying any way. I'm sure there's more than one way of doing it. Just saying how I've done it all along so far. So please, if I'm doing this totally wrong & someone knows better ways .... fill me in. I'm open to suggestions.

I've heard different but there is a million ways to skin a cat.. I don't want the plant to completely dry up and die I want to ween the plant off nutrients so its only left to eat the nutrients still stored in its leaves and fade out.
Guess well see its trial and error, I didnt flush the solo cup at all, this trans is getting a 4 day flush, the other one will be getting at least a 7 day flush and I'll see what taste and smokes better imo.

I've heard different but there is a million ways to skin a cat.. I don't want the plant to completely dry up and die I want to ween the plant off nutrients so its only left to eat the nutrients still stored in its leaves and fade out.
Guess well see its trial and error, I didnt flush the solo cup at all, this trans is getting a 4 day flush, the other one will be getting at least a 7 day flush and I'll see what taste and smokes better imo.
I will guess that the plant that you only starved for 4 days is going to taste better than the one that you starved for a week at the end. IMHO neither of you are doing the flush correctly... but as you say, there are many many ways.

Whew....made it. 25 pages....absorbed.

I will guess that the plant that you only starved for 4 days is going to taste better than the one that you starved for a week at the end. IMHO neither of you are doing the flush correctly... but as you say, there are many many ways.
Well don't leave us hanging. Tell us your way of doing it. I want to hear every way there is so I can try them all .... LOL.

I consider the last two weeks of the grow, the period of final budswell, to be the most critical time. This is where the plant is trying to pull everything together and complete the buds (or seeds if pollinated) and to do this it pulls stored resources out of the leaves and gives its all toward this project. It makes sense to try to help the plant in this process so as to get the biggest and baddest and best tasting bud possible. It used to be the common practice to starve our plants at the end, thinking that we need to somehow clean out the plant so that it tasted better, and the common advice was water only at the end, even for as long as the last 2 weeks. I myself did this, and advised people that if the plant had needed a particular nutrient, that it would have gotten it and stored it by this time, and now was the time to flush out the plant. I have now learned that it is futile to try to flush out the plant, especially by starving the plant during the last critical phase of growth.

Modern science has proved the futility of this. Certain nutes are a part of the plant no matter what we do and are part of the final buds, but now we know we can't taste them. A plant flushed with 3x water at the very end is going to taste the same as a plant not flushed at the end... It is a waste of time and energy, and knowing this has given rise to the no flush club.

But... lets do a mind flip and think about the original purpose of a flush. I mean a real 3x flush, not a starvation diet at the end. The flush is to clear the soil of salt and debris. It is not to flush out the plant, it is to flush out the soil. Doing this the day before chop does very little to help the growth of the plant, but if one times this flush for right at the start of the final bud swell, 2 weeks before chop, magical things happen.

Salt restricts water uptake. Salt is bad. Getting the salt out of there frees up the roots to be able to suck up the maximum amount of water and nutrients. Timing this for the last two weeks gives maximum advantage to the plants at the end to build better buds. Giving finishing nutes right up to the end (Terpinator) really gives an advantage to those buds and just like in an organic grow where nutes are available right up to the end, feeding the plant during this last two weeks helps to fill out the flavor profile and the maximum potential of those buds.

Flush properly at the start of final budswell. Feed normally, right up to the end. If you don't believe me, do a side by side to test this. Try it once and I believe that you will be a convert.

I consider the last two weeks of the grow, the period of final budswell, to be the most critical time. This is where the plant is trying to pull everything together and complete the buds (or seeds if pollinated) and to do this it pulls stored resources out of the leaves and gives its all toward this project. It makes sense to try to help the plant in this process so as to get the biggest and baddest and best tasting bud possible. It used to be the common practice to starve our plants at the end, thinking that we need to somehow clean out the plant so that it tasted better, and the common advice was water only at the end, even for as long as the last 2 weeks. I myself did this, and advised people that if the plant had needed a particular nutrient, that it would have gotten it and stored it by this time, and now was the time to flush out the plant. I have now learned that it is futile to try to flush out the plant, especially by starving the plant during the last critical phase of growth.

Modern science has proved the futility of this. Certain nutes are a part of the plant no matter what we do and are part of the final buds, but now we know we can't taste them. A plant flushed with 3x water at the very end is going to taste the same as a plant not flushed at the end... It is a waste of time and energy, and knowing this has given rise to the no flush club.

But... lets do a mind flip and think about the original purpose of a flush. I mean a real 3x flush, not a starvation diet at the end. The flush is to clear the soil of salt and debris. It is not to flush out the plant, it is to flush out the soil. Doing this the day before chop does very little to help the growth of the plant, but if one times this flush for right at the start of the final bud swell, 2 weeks before chop, magical things happen.

Salt restricts water uptake. Salt is bad. Getting the salt out of there frees up the roots to be able to suck up the maximum amount of water and nutrients. Timing this for the last two weeks gives maximum advantage to the plants at the end to build better buds. Giving finishing nutes right up to the end (Terpinator) really gives an advantage to those buds and just like in an organic grow where nutes are available right up to the end, feeding the plant during this last two weeks helps to fill out the flavor profile and the maximum potential of those buds.

Flush properly at the start of final budswell. Feed normally, right up to the end. If you don't believe me, do a side by side to test this. Try it once and I believe that you will be a convert.
So would you then finish your budswell 3x flush with a diluted nute or full strength? Obviously after a 3x flush, the plant will not need watering for a bit if you follow a water when light strategy...especially if its soil grow, so you may want to nute some strength for flush finish...no?

First big girl came down day #78-79 idk I need to look at my calendar. She is a chunky bitch but nothing compared to her sisters. After trimming I'm glad they didnt all finish together lol.
20190907_020701.jpg
20190908_122810.jpg
20190908_122902.jpg
20190908_122833.jpg

Have you sampled anything yet ? If you did ... How was it ? Looks like you will do quite well. I'm down to 1 plant now. In the process of chopping the Haze now. But the N.L. x Six Shooter still has another week. I think there's a chance she may end up giving me the highest yield.

Have you sampled anything yet ? If you did ... How was it ? Looks like you will do quite well. I'm down to 1 plant now. In the process of chopping the Haze now. But the N.L. x Six Shooter still has another week. I think there's a chance she may end up giving me the highest yield.
Oh yeah I've been sampling lol couldn't help myself! Its freaking great man! Gets me high school stoned lol and its starting to smell super fruity/gasssy when you break it up, the bigger branches on the number one plant have like 4 days left to dry before being weighed and jarred up! I'll report on the weight of each plant as it dries out.

So the other day I built a large cardboard DIY drying box and lined the top with wooden dowls and piped some cold fresh air into the bottom of the box from my ac unit. It's got good air circulation and is completely dark and stays at 48% rh so it should work awesome! I'll take pics of it later I only have a vid atm.

Other then that I've been chopping and trimming with my boys for the last 3/4 days and we have bud everywhere lol. There is still lots of smaller popcorn nugs to trim off the #2 trans aka tiger. And the super frosty #3 trans had a couple colas cut and they are giant!
IMG_20190909_182339_114.jpg
20190910_175219.jpg
IMG_20190910_172810.jpg
20190910_175502.jpg
Screenshot_20190909-080821_Facebook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom