SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal - Mars II 1600 & Other LEDs

Re: SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal - Mars II 1600 and other LEDs

Morning S.G.:nomo:
I;m glad to hear you and your dad are getting along at the moment.:high-five:
I also had some problem's awhile back with seedlings and there helmet's.
I was given advice from our good friend PeeJay to gently spray them with a spray bottle of water and if the helmet doesn't come off,it's not ready to.I haven't had to use this method,but I trust what he say's.:circle-of-love:

Re: SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal - Mars II 1600 and other LEDs

Hello soil girl
I hope you dont mind if I look on this is a very interesting journal ,, I hovered through reading mainly your posts an picture updates
I found some heart breakingly sad I have to say I feel for both you and your dad,, I would be more his age so I wonder are you just a bit to close to each other?
I think you both have a lot of Pain an Love mixed up together an feelings are running on boil,, I think though under these conditions an keepin it together with them
lovely ladies REPS plus some:Namaste:Girl you are doing a wonderful job stay strong an try to stay happy:volcano-smiley:
:circle-of-love::peace::circle-of-love:

I didn't see that until today but yeah that's pretty cool how that's worked out for you Gfc :) I'm so overbearingly impatient with my sprouts that I always have clawed the 'helmet' off pretty quickly.

Thank you for the kind words and I hope you're enjoying all of your recent hard work! :thanks:

typed up a long response but realized i was getting way off track..

i wouldnt say you were impatient (removing a helmet from your seedling) laugh everytime i say helmet on a seedling..

the only reason i didnt at that time is because i am trying to find the strongest of that strain that i have seeds for. i planted all 8 seeds of 4 diff strains and once i have successful clones from all 30 of them i will then flower the plants and pull the males. after males are pulled i will then pick one of the best of each strain that yields quality first and quantity second. so ill go from 30 plants down to 4 mothers. if one of the seeds decided to not make it past the seedling stage, then I BELIEVE the plant would struggle through its life and wouldnt be as strong and healthy as the others that popped that helmet right off. but then again, the holy grail wasnt much to look at compared to the others around it.. ;) that benefited indiana..

I&i

Thanks for all the information guys. I am just looking for a good recipe now to start no till.

From what I read you just keep mulching the top with anything you cut off your Cannabis plants. keep it moist as well. Then top dress it with high quality EWC when you reuse it, but don't work them into the soil (hence no till).

Is this correct?

This thread has really inspired me to move away from the synthetics I have used for so many years.

Hola sista....I'll chill for a bit if thats cool! :roorrip:
Hi danknessdude! We'd love you to chill :passitleft: welcome. :)
Morning S.G.:nomo:
I;m glad to hear you and your dad are getting along at the moment.:high-five:
I also had some problem's awhile back with seedlings and there helmet's.
I was given advice from our good friend PeeJay to gently spray them with a spray bottle of water and if the helmet doesn't come off,it's not ready to.I haven't had to use this method,but I trust what he say's.:circle-of-love:
Hi Jimmy, hope you're having a good evening, not stuck on any scrog bud mattresses. :love:

I'll trust anything from PeeJay too ;) sounds like some genuine wisdom. Thank you for sharing that! Stay well :blushsmile:
Hello soil girl
I hope you dont mind if I look on this is a very interesting journal ,, I hovered through reading mainly your posts an picture updates
I found some heart breakingly sad I have to say I feel for both you and your dad,, I would be more his age so I wonder are you just a bit to close to each other?
I think you both have a lot of Pain an Love mixed up together an feelings are running on boil,, I think though under these conditions an keepin it together with them
lovely ladies REPS plus some:Namaste:Girl you are doing a wonderful job stay strong an try to stay happy:volcano-smiley:
Hi Jaga, of course I don't mind, its my pleasure to have you here! :circle-of-love::Namaste:

About my Dad and I being a bit too close to each other, you may be on to something... but let me add a little context to that. We fought a LOT during my High School years. I was the rebel daughter. My sister (18 months younger than I) was perfect lol. Never did drugs (or weed ;) ), straight A's, didn't even date anyone until college!! I swear she was an alien... until college. But my Dad and I really clashed hard, I got sent to a military school at one point for getting caught with about an oz of weed at home >.< and I escaped from it but thats another story you might find if you search my posts on other journals hahah... well after that I really didn't talk to him for a while. I really resented my Dad, and we didn't talk for probably a whole year, besides maybe a "yeah" or "no" here or there, and I spent as much time as I possibly could away from my family, sometimes getting kicked out and spending weeks away with zero communication.

Well anyways, the point is now that I've moved back in with him and he's going through all of this, and after having had a strained past relationship (to say the least) but now spending all our time together.. it's too close to each other too soon.

Thank you for the thoughtful words Jaga. And the Reps. But I value the words more. :Namaste::hippy::volcano-smiley:
typed up a long response but realized i was getting way off track..

i wouldnt say you were impatient (removing a helmet from your seedling) laugh everytime i say helmet on a seedling..

the only reason i didnt at that time is because i am trying to find the strongest of that strain that i have seeds for. i planted all 8 seeds of 4 diff strains and once i have successful clones from all 30 of them i will then flower the plants and pull the males. after males are pulled i will then pick one of the best of each strain that yields quality first and quantity second. so ill go from 30 plants down to 4 mothers. if one of the seeds decided to not make it past the seedling stage, then I BELIEVE the plant would struggle through its life and wouldnt be as strong and healthy as the others that popped that helmet right off. but then again, the holy grail wasnt much to look at compared to the others around it.. ;) that benefited indiana..

I&i
Hahaha I get off track quite a bit, no one's going to mind that in this journal. :passitleft:

I'm also hoping natural selection helped me out a bit LOL - it would be hard to find out I lost all the good seeds and ended up with the sub par ones. :lot-o-toke:

Lol I love the Indiana Jones reference. My Dad and I actually used to watch those together when I was little. Anyways I hope you'll end up with the best genetics in the north west Gfc ;)
Thanks for all the information guys. I am just looking for a good recipe now to start no till.

From what I read you just keep mulching the top with anything you cut off your Cannabis plants. keep it moist as well. Then top dress it with high quality EWC when you reuse it, but don't work them into the soil (hence no till).

Is this correct?

This thread has really inspired me to move away from the synthetics I have used for so many years.

That is pretty much correct DGG and wow I'm really glad that this is so inspiring to you to get into sound organic growing, that made my day. :love:

But one thing, it takes some time to build up enough cannabis waste material to mulch all your containers haha so what I do is mix some clean sun-bleached straw in with dead cannabis leaves and cut up stems (save the stems from when you're jarring and trimming your buds, cut them into about 3 inch long bundles and spread that around on top of your soil and that's a decent start to mulching the way I see it) and use that.

But tons of stuff will work as mulch. Corgie has a living mulch layer that is absolutely epic. I highly recommend his journal, I personally think his journal is to info-sharing about organic soil growing as Light Addict's flux central journal is to fluxing, really one of the best threads for solid information about his specialty. Here's a link since he removed it from his sig lol.

COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

And another thing, as far as no till - the jist of the method is to cut out only the immediate rootball when removing a chopped plant, leaving the rest undisturbed, and keeping the soil alive and thriving to a point that it will break down any dead organic matter (roots, mulch, dressings, whatever) that's in the soil. Its an organic approach focused on very active soil microbes, you want to get them going crazy and never get set back. Corgie knows a lot more about it.

Hope you're having a nice evening :)

Thats terrible sounds to me that your dad aint no saint
sounds to me he needs to understand you are his Daughter again,, you quite obviously do a lot for him and it sounds like he doesn't appreciate but more like expects your help,, I am not a violent person I do loose my rag an lay into our daughter but that is because she never does anything to help her mum. I really hope you can get out of there an start a fresh Love to you from England ,, your growing skills are really great Hope that you have a great day today Weedsday:circle-of-love::peace::circle-of-love:

Thats terrible sounds to me that your dad aint no saint
sounds to me he needs to understand you are his Daughter again,, you quite obviously do a lot for him and it sounds like he doesn't appreciate but more like expects your help,, I am not a violent person I do loose my rag an lay into our daughter but that is because she never does anything to help her mum. I really hope you can get out of there an start a fresh Love to you from England ,, your growing skills are really great Hope that you have a great day today Weedsday:circle-of-love::peace::circle-of-love:
Aw.. you're too kind jaga, thank you for the good vibes and kind words.

My Dad and the word "Saint" are odd to even see in the same sentence hahaha. If they ever have in fact been before, then it must have been something along the lines of... "My Dad went travelling through the Greek countryside and got arrested for urinating in the spring of Saint Haralambos... shortly after being bit by a small white dog." :rofl:

He really doesn't appreciate anything my mom or I do for him (much less anyone else) ... like you said, he sees all of it as something that we just should be doing out of the decency of our hearts despite his nasty demeanor. And he deserves to be cared for after how hard he worked to provide for our family for so long, I'll give him that, but he thinks he can just be as horrible as he can to us and still expect that... that's where he's wrong.

And it really is now a life or death matter for him to realize just that... if he gets any worse to us, my mom will finally get the courage to leave him, she doesn't want to be in a loveless, violent marriage just to watch him die, and when that happens.. I'm not going to be left behind with him.. and he'd die alone and angry as sad as that is..

My Dad really just needs to realize that as angry as he is at the world for reducing him to this - he used to be really smart, really capable, in charge of everything and able to fix any problem before his accident - and now he has a hard time forming sentences, getting up to go to the bathroom, etc.... as angry as he is at the world for his predicament he has to realize that if he gives in to despair he's just giving up on everything left in him that made him... him. He still could make the best of this situation and maybe partially come back from it, if not all the way. But he's giving up. He doesn't even care that he'll never see mine or my sister's children, his anger and bitterness is the driving force in his life now, and he only wants to fuel the fire.

I hope your daughter will hear you and start to help her mom more :) .... and yeah I also hope I can get a fresh start away from here..

Thanks again for the kind words and its great to have you here jaga, best wishes to England :love: :passitleft: :love:

Wow, SoilGirl my heart and thoughts go out to you and your mom. Stay strong :peace:
thank you nhteatime, we really appreciate the kind words and good vibes. Ever since I joined 420 mag, it's been a very supportive, understanding community :) it means a lot.

I hope you're having a lovely afternoon. :Namaste:
You are some thing else honey
you far exceed your age in wisdom,,, so sad a story as well,,,, You grow on girl :rollit::passitleft::allgood:
oh, thank you again jaga.. I'm honored that you'd think that about me.. Yeah... I've heard that before haha... but really I'm just a kinda weird, nerdy, stoner girl.

hmm. Maybe that's the mix of wisdom. :laughtwo:

yeah it is sad... I hope things get better for my Dad, but if they don't I'll at least make sure they do for me. The world is still turning ;)

So.......... that indoor Lucy plant, is all hermied out on me lol. I gave a calyxx a pinch today and pulled out a ripe, solid, although still wet and covered in green seed... pretty cool actually Lol. I've never had a hermie that produced viable seeds, I always either culled them, or they hermied because they were in terrible non-bud-producing conditions hahah.

I think I left it outside just long enough for it to stress itself into hermy-ing on me, then brought it inside just soon enough that it became a healthy plant that gave some decent seeds. It remains to be seen whether the seeds will give sprout to a teeming horde of hormonal hermies, or to quality Lucy plants. I'll find out eventually though :)

And... since I have an excuse to do so finally, I'm just gonna rub the whole plant into Charas and take whatever seeds fall out during the process hahaha. yay I get to get my hands dirty with lovely trichomes and terpenes!! Probably going to do that tomorrow, giving the seeds another day to fully develop. I think I'm probably going to make my dry ice hash in denver though.

Ciao for now :ciao:

Have a good time in Denver. Denver? DENVER? You know SG, an Englishman - and I think jaga will back me up on this - has Absolutely No Idea At All what Denver is like.

But whatever it's like, may you have whatever you like there.
:circle-of-love:

Have a good time in Denver. Denver? DENVER? You know SG, an Englishman - and I think jaga will back me up on this - has Absolutely No Idea At All what Denver is like.

To give you a idea about Denver.. Yesterday it was -5 degrees and today 12 degrees high and 9 or lower tonight lol other then that it is awesome!!

Hello SoilGirl. Grow looks good! Considering what I've read on this thread, you are one incredible little lady. I come from a bad home life as well and honestly, the best thing I ever did was leave. It was also the hardest decision I've ever had to make. Very scary to be truly alone and on your own in the world. You seem to have some incredible family and friends. And I absolutely love the way the community has supported and encouraged you. Too many times on forums, all you see is hate being thrown around like rag doll of ignorance. Very impressed to the community as a whole for being mature and respectful of what is obviously a trying time for you. All things become clearer with distance and time.

That being said, what a journal you got here little miss!(I use that term a lot, if it offends I will stop) Very detailed and well laid out. If I had the space I would be good to use this thread as a blueprint. I did have a question.

I know you said you picked the mylar blankets instead of the roll due to cost. I have read that having creases or folds in the mylar can create hot spots. Have you noticed anything like this? I need to wrap my little closet and was gonna buy a 50 ft. roll of the mylar. All I've seen really for my area, but I haven't checked the hardware big boys yet(Home Depot and Lowes). I am always looking for ways to save money. I have lots of kids and none of them are old enough to be useful as slaves yet. So I have to keep feeding them and clothing them. I tell you it's exhausting on my mind as well as my pocket book. ;P

White and back panda plastic has shown better light reflecting results then mylar if your looking to save money and get a little more out of you lights.

White and back panda plastic has shown better light reflecting results then mylar if your looking to save money and get a little more out of you lights.

I've also seen people saying to just paint ur walls really bright white for closets and smaller spaces. I know by choosing the lighting I'm going with,(CFL) I need to get every little bit out of them. If my math is right, the 50' roll at my local grow shop will cover it fine and is only like $17 - $20 I think. I'm fine with that. I was mainly curious because I hadn't really seen any feedback on the creasing of the mylar. I was hoping SG would be able to lay some firsthand on us. Plus, she looks like she's running a combo of lights and I wondered if she had noticed a difference between lights in regards to how well the Mylar reflects and reacts to the different lights.

I will definitely check out the Panda Plastic. I'm like a kid at Disneyland right now. I want to see and do everything!!!!! I am so glad I came across this site! The information has been invaluable. Only ever grown outside in gardens and stuff, so the indoor thing is new to me. I can't even keep the house plants alive. But, I can grow some of the biggest tomatoes and peppers you've ever seen. I hope I make the transition smoothly.

Denver has lots of concrete and people and it smells like growing cannabis. And there are more pot shops then you can imagine.

Back
Top Bottom