SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal - Mars II 1600 & Other LEDs

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a great day so far, I am! Just transplanted DinaFem Diesel into old Blue Blood #1's (May She Rest In Peace) ~3 gallons of veg soil. That was the soil I didn't get the chance to cook, so in a weird way, my dad's plant massacre at least had some good effects for the soil... after he pulled BB#1 out of there, the soil stayed moist and covered for a few weeks and cooked, when I opened up the pot the smell made me picture some dank, smelly cave in the middle of the Amazon rainforest. I know Diesel will love the soil now. :) so excited to really get this grow in gear..

I also mixed together some simple mulch in 5 minutes for the plants in their veg containers. I snapped old cannabis stems up about 2 inches long, I gathered some leaves from our leaf mold pile outside (thanks Corgie for giving the idea! You're an organic warrior!) and crumbled them into the mix, pinched more dead leaves from our pepper plants, added a handful of sunbleached dry straw for the fluffy-ness, and voila. I threw that on top of the dead cannabis leaves that had already accumulated through the grow. Now when I go in there and peak at the plants instead of seeing dirt and a few dead cannabis leaves/nodes, I see a nice little cannabis-forest-floor worthy of a true organic grower. :hippy: and I'm proud lol.

I gave the indoor worm can (lol its a trash can rather than a bin) some nice leaves and kitchen waste today, mostly peanut shells, onion skins, old grapes, old tomatoes, lots of artichoke fuzz and coffee grounds this time around. Oh yeah, I brought some worms inside before my trip lol. The cold was finally killing them outside despite the insulated bin, but now they're starting to colonize my indoor can. Awesome. :slide:

Also I've done some topping (not FIM) on some of my plants. It's about that time for the ones getting into veg, where I change from tenderly loving mom, to mominatrix. This will be fun. ;) :laughtwo: ..... I'm very seriously considering doing a legitimate LA style flux with Diesel, so I'm going to keep that door open and bring it back down to 3 nodes from its 5-6 current. I'm very confident that Diesel at least will end up being female. Call it a girl's intuition.

Had to raise a couple of my clamp cfl's in the veg room for the first time, that's how you know things are starting to shape up around here lol.

AND WOW, I love the way the Mars II 1600w is bulking up the buds even on those tiny plants I have in the flowering room. This light means business, no joke. And the smells!! It's wonderful, really. I wasn't very excited for that particular harvest, but now I'm really getting excited, especially since its been so long without having any Euphoria lol. Pistils are turning red/orange, trichs are covering the buds even more than they were outdoors... it won't be a scale-busting harvest, that's for sure, but in the words of Whitey Duvall from 8 Crazy Nights, I know these babies will make my taste buds do double-daffies! YAY! lol.

Ok I'll start getting that big pic update I promised together soon today, but right now I'm going through the long and boring process of bucketing in some rain water to a big old trash bin in my garage so it doesn't re-freeze, see you all later! :ciao:

Hi akisunni, welcome :) I see you're pretty new to the site. that high tech grow that you have going is pretty cool. It makes me dream of some futuristic smart grow room that pretty much does everything for you - I picture me sitting at my computer operating a grow for months from hundreds of miles away LOL. Now I bet that's already doable if you have the money, but I doubt I'll have access to it ever, or for a very long time at least haha.

I'm a little bit lower tech, unless having big LED's means I'm not. :laughtwo: I hope you'll enjoy the journal despite that.

Now That Big "I'm Back!" Update I Promised

~Let's Start with the Veg Room~

Blue Blood #2 (sprouted 11/10/14)...go Broncos!
Well, losing this one's predecessor was tough but we're back in business now. As long as this one ends up female, I will have a mother for a future CBD focused grow. This strain is a tougher one to grow says Medicann and other growers that I've seen grow it, and it's predecessor had some rough spots even in its short life, but this is a truly medicinal strain when done right so I'm looking forward to the challenge. ;)
PB240001.JPG

Corleone Kush #1 (sprouted 10-08-14)
.... I really need to transplant this one into a bigger pot with veg soil, but it's being a trooper. :) I don't think you can tell in the pic, but it's stocky, thick limbs, thick main stem...especially for being so rootbound. Very different from CK#2, this one is growing like an indica. I'm pretty excited to see how the San Fernando OG in it mixes with the Pre-'98 Bubba. Sounds incredible.

PB240002.JPG

Red Cherry Berry (sprouted 10-18-14)
This lucky plant is under the 90w High Powered Sunshine Systems GrowUFO. Maybe that's to account for the really tight nodal grouping, or maybe its the genetics. Either way this plant is really impressive, but I can tell it's going to need some serious defol management.
(yes I know, how dare I let my mom pick pink instead of purple!? :laughtwo: -this is an inside joke for older subscribers)
PB240008.JPG
PB240007.JPG

DinaFem Diesel! (sprouted 10-27-14)
Here she is in her new home (yes she is going to be a she!)... really, is this plant not the idyllic picture of health at this age? I just love seeing her thrive. This plant will be a mother for me :blushsmile: oh, how I love her for that...

PB240009.JPG

The mulch layer is really, really important for organic growers that want their soil to stay alive and teeming with the microbes they cultivate. I can't stress it enough. You never want your soil to dry out when you're growing in LOS (Living Organic Soils), or the microbes will die. Mulch goes light years in that direction for you. And it breaks down over time providing organic matter, and if you have a good, aerated mulch, roots can grow right up to the top of the soil so you are utilizing it ALL, and thrive! Mulch People, Mulch! (what I used as mulch was in my most recent post above) ...

OG Kush PR! (born 10-20-14)
Another future mother if all goes according to plan. And true to her touted heritage, she already stinks of sweet ganja!! Still as excited for this strain as I've been all along. Topped recently, and since you can actually see the roots through the bottle I figured why not share..

PB240010.JPG
PB240011.JPG

Ghost OG (sprouted 10-17-14)
Had a little stretch going so I topped it, I'm going to top again and take a topped clone, bringing it down to 3 nodes, which I will heavily train. :)

PB240012.JPG

Black Bubba Kush (officially back from the dead 10-25-14)
My fighter girl. Now a very good candidate for starting to do a Flux... if I start immediately. Otherwise it will still be a great, bushy, short plant anyways...so I might just mess around with supercropping and training. Dunno. The potential is now endless for her, I'm so glad I didn't cull her haha.

PB240001_1.JPG

Corleone Kush #2 (sprouted 10-15-14, went through a long early stunt)
Now, this plant's finally looking like it has some potential. Glad again for not culling. It looks Nothing like it's sibling CK#1 as you can see.. I think it's growing like a sativa. Which would be awesome... an unexpected sativa pheno... I'll just have to watch for any male parts when it comes flower time... oh yeah just topped it yesterday.

PB240003.JPG

..... and that's it for the Veg Room.

~Flowering Room Time~

LIGHTS ON/LIGHTS OFF: BBK are front/left and the Euphoria are back/right.

PB240007_1.JPG
PB240005.JPG

Now that the hermie lucy is outta there, these 4 are all under the Mars II 1600. Now, keep in mind, these 4 plants were abused LOL. Left outside in the cold way too long then brought inside. And before that, they were afterthoughts in the first place... like, "Oh crap, I'm probably going to run out of bud for a short while, better throw these outside to flower!"....

.... But despite that they're really bulking up! I give all credit to the light. That light means business. They're beautifully covered in trichs, and the smells while I were taking these pics.... OH so good. I'm finally excited for the coming chop, I don't know when I will do it but I'll let you guys know. The Euphoria will be first.

EUPHORIA - I LOVE THIS STRAIN - :)

PB240008_1.JPG
PB240010_1.JPG
PB240011_1.JPG

Black Bubba Kush - I like this strain a lot haha. I really am loving how the flowering clone/ reveg BBK is doing though, it's like a bulky bonsai cannabis tree.... badass!

PB240009_1.JPG
PB240009_2.JPG

NOW
I'm very lucky I was taking pics of that taller BBK... or I wouldn't have noticed this one side bud.... that was already dry and crumbly to the touch. I noticed some poop on it... and then some white silky webbing... and it was a horrific deja vu from my outdoor grow -.-

So I pulled the whole node off the plant, opened up the bud, and this is what I found... :cough::yikes::thedoubletake::rollingeyes:

PB240010_2.JPG
PB240012_1.JPG
PB240013.JPG

.... and I threw it in fire. :) May my horrifying discovery assist any others so afflicted with the caterpillar plague. :Namaste:

Thanks for stopping by! :ciao:

Edit: Oh lord. Try not to let the light off my snow white legs blind you in that one pic. :laughtwo: :passitleft:

"Hi akisunni, welcome I see you're pretty new to the site. that high tech grow that you have going is pretty cool. It makes me dream of some futuristic smart grow room that pretty much does everything for you - I picture me sitting at my computer operating a grow for months from hundreds of miles away LOL. Now I bet that's already doable if you have the money, but I doubt I'll have access to it ever, or for a very long time at least haha."

You have figured out my secret master plan... not joking actually... I am working on building a remote controlled grow. The idea is to Monitor in real time with video and images and control Temp (via on / of cooling system), humidity Moisture (mist, plain water and with Nutrients), CO2 levels at the Plant, and when the LED lights are on and off, all with the web/cloud managing things and using txt messages to alert you when something unplanned has happened.

I have about 80% of it working now including about 80% of the remote web site design. The first remote unit will probably cost me about $2500 in hard costs to get working, but after that I expect I can get the individual builds down to about $1500 or so.

I can see an image of a warehouse, with tall white upright deep freezers are standing in rows with water, CO2, and Electricity plu exhaust pipes connected to them, to an air filter system. Inside each one is a single Bud Tree growing under an LED system with full remote monitoring in effect.

"Hi akisunni, welcome I see you're pretty new to the site. that high tech grow that you have going is pretty cool. It makes me dream of some futuristic smart grow room that pretty much does everything for you - I picture me sitting at my computer operating a grow for months from hundreds of miles away LOL. Now I bet that's already doable if you have the money, but I doubt I'll have access to it ever, or for a very long time at least haha."

You have figured out my secret master plan... not joking actually... I am working on building a remote controlled grow. The idea is to Monitor in real time with video and images and control Temp (via on / of cooling system), humidity Moisture (mist, plain water and with Nutrients), CO2 levels at the Plant, and when the LED lights are on and off, all with the web/cloud managing things and using txt messages to alert you when something unplanned has happened.

I have about 80% of it working now including about 80% of the remote web site design. The first remote unit will probably cost me about $2500 in hard costs to get working, but after that I expect I can get the individual builds down to about $1500 or so.

I can see an image of a warehouse, with tall white upright deep freezers are standing in rows with water, CO2, and Electricity plu exhaust pipes connected to them, to an air filter system. Inside each one is a single Bud Tree growing under an LED system with full remote monitoring in effect.

That's really, really badass akisunni. I'm sure people will want to keep an eye on how that goes for you. I do lol. Eventually maybe I'll use it as a reference for my own... except more geared towards my style of organic growing of course :p

I hope you'll have total success! how cool. Best of luck! :Namaste:

The dog woke me early. So I as I have my first Greek coffee I am delighted to read that outstanding update.
:bravo::bravo::bravo:
Do you think that (now crispy) little chap you found was already there when you brought them indoors?
:circle-of-love:

Kali Mera Mr. Teddy :) :thanks: I'm so glad you liked the update.

Oh that thing.. :rollingeyes: ... yeah that would be my bet. An egg probably got swallowed up when the buds were bulking up or something. I didn't find any other signs, but I'm really on alert now lol.

:lot-o-toke:....I swear if I have some invisible butterfly flapping around in there I'm gonna lose it. I'm SO TIRED OF CATERPILLARS.

Woohoo! Just placed an order for a...

MILLIARD 4-FT/4-Bulb T5 Grow Light System

"Great start to building any indoor greenhouse.
Designed for use in the MILLIARD Hydroponic Grow Tent with MILLIARD Ultra Durable Rope Ratchets.
Each bulb simulates natural sun rays at 6500K, as if from outside or through a window.
The Milliard Grow Light System shines with 16000 total Lumens, but only 216 total watts! Let your plants grow... not your energy bill!
Includes four 54W T5 bulbs and 120V grounded power cord. ETL listed."

1663118257936.png

125.00$ total, free 2 day shipping, it should be here by Thursday. I'm so excited, My Veg room really needs the lumens.

The price was a little bit high though >.< oh well... Just, now I need to save up a little more money somehow before I order another LED. I'd really like a reflector series from Top Led's.

Well. One thing at a time. :volcano-smiley:

Wonderful Girl
Hey yer legs make me look like im an albino ,, frost on them flowers look sweeet you are up for a nice smoke ,, its my hardest part holding back till there ready:volcano-smiley: Yea them sneaky caterpillars more than likely thought it had its bed food :goodjob:imagine though Alice in wonderland the Hooker smoking caterpillar,, your fella had a great time before his fiery end :high-five: Really looks nice happy days an gro on Girl:circle-of-love:

Wonderful Girl
Hey yer legs make me look like im an albino ,, frost on them flowers look sweeet you are up for a nice smoke ,, its my hardest part holding back till there ready:volcano-smiley: Yea them sneaky caterpillars more than likely thought it had its bed food :goodjob:imagine though Alice in wonderland the Hooker smoking caterpillar,, your fella had a great time before his fiery end :high-five: Really looks nice happy days an gro on Girl:circle-of-love:

How can you argue with an Alice in Wonderland smoking caterpillar reference?? You can't.

And how do you give ratings to posts? I saw that in one of the previous posts and was wondering.

How can you argue with an Alice in Wonderland smoking caterpillar reference?? You can't.

And how do you give ratings to posts? I saw that in one of the previous posts and was wondering.

Well its just below the Number of likes it says Rate for this thread :goodjob:

Wow, your fast on your responses Jaga. Thank you I just found where to rate it at. It's funny how you can be staring right at the thing you're looking for and not see it six inches from you face...

Nice Update SoulGirl and death to those critters. New lights, new attitude, new update = New SoulGirl.

PS Babygirl says thank you...

Awesome update. Love the pics. Glad to hear about your date. Hope things keep going well for you. Excited to see how this turns out.
:goodluck::hookah::volcano-smiley:
Thanks Khraevyn! I'm getting excited for everything that's happening too :) still can't believe I have a date hahaha. I refuse to resort to an e-dating service LOL, (come on, 21 year olds don't need a computer to date!!) and don't get out much in the area I'm staying, so this sorta thing doesn't happen much.

:Namaste: :passitleft:
Wonderful Girl
:rofl: I know I know!! I should have warned you all to put on some sunglasses. :laughtwo: - sorry for that LOL. :love:

Thanks Jaga!! I know right? About this time into flower is when I start getting antsy and start getting that itchy clipper finger haha, but luckily I still have a decent amount of buds from my outdoor grow, and lots of trim to turn to hash or butter or whatever. :)

Hahahahaha love the Alice reference. :rollit: God, I hope the little monster had fun with all the free food, meds and rent >.< ... 'cuz it's Eviction Time! :rip:

Much love Jaga! :circle-of-love:

Hahaha right??
Wow, your fast on your responses Jaga. Thank you I just found where to rate it at. It's funny how you can be staring right at the thing you're looking for and not see it six inches from you face...
Hahaha thanks for helping out Jaga! (and raising my rating!) :love: - and I do it all the time Khraevyn haha.
:ciao: :love: :thanks:
Nice Update SoulGirl and death to those critters. New lights, new attitude, new update = New SoulGirl.

PS Babygirl says thank you...
Hahaha Awh thanks Reg! :hug: I sure hope it's a new beginning from the same place.

And she's very welcome :) I love to see her talent and early passion at growing... and sharing the experience with you, that's priceless. :circle-of-love:

The Return Of Mominatrix!Surprise Update :)

Lol that's my way of saying it's training time! Finally got off my bum and moved CK#1 and BBK into their new veg homes, and started adding the restraints to them.

Here's Corleone Kush #1's before and after pics :) ... notice how I missed when topping? LOL. Couldn't even see the little extra top there under the foliage until now!

Before:

PB240002.JPG

After:

PB2500011.JPG
PB2500041.JPG
PB2500021.JPG
PB2500031.JPG

By the way..... see little baby Blue Blood in the yellow starter pot? >.< I knocked it over and roughed her up a lot setting CK#1 back up there. The dirt spilled everywhere, which means it must've really disturbed the forming rootball, so I'll be keeping an eye on that baby.. Doh! :wood:

And here's Black Bubba Kush before:

PB240001_1.JPG

After:
PB2500051.JPG
PB250006.JPG
PB2500071.JPG

Sexy Mulch!!
Come on it's beautiful. :laughtwo:

PB2500081.JPG

Thanks for stopping by, lets get this grow going! :ciao: :love: :volcano-smiley:

Great update SG things are looking great. Nice training, I'm afraid I broke one of my Mainline tips (ah sh#t) taped up but will see how it goes.

keep up with the great updates.

SBG

Good Job SoilGirl,

I love the copper training rods. I need to get some of those. I have used twine so far, but I think I would prefer your route.

While messing with my seeds, I dumped Seed#1 on her head, and buried her in the container by accident. Luckily she was wrapped up in wet moss and when I undid the mess, she was fine. No apparent damage.

Oh, and good luck on the social adventure... Everyone needs to feel special, and you deserve it... Go enjoy the date and be yourself.

You reminded me that we have a quantity of bonsai wire in different thicknesses packed away somewhere. At some point that may come in handy. I do want to grow a plant I need to train at some point. The entire process fascinates me.

Looking good SoilGirl. Love the mulch porn.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom