SoilGirl's Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal 2014

Add light to that drain stat! haha , that sucks.. try and make light of the situation.

i havent read up on it, but i seen Kingjohn mention in another journal that adding heat (heat pad) to seeds , seems to result in male plants. not sure if this has been your case since you have 100% female seed ratio. just thought id let you know that i seen Kjc mention it.

I&i

Cannabis is a type of plant that's male to female germination rate is partially temperature dependent. I would not use a heat source when germinating cannabis seeds.
Thanks for the concern KJC and Gfc, I guess we'll be seeing if my all-girl streak is over or not soon here haha, because pretty much every seed I sprouted so far this round of sprouts had a heat source for part of it. >.< I decided to try that after seeing a now-banned member do the same thing on his VCR, and because germinating seeds for the summer outdoor grow didn't go great >.< I had more success with the VCR/paper towel combo than my previous method, which was just a cup of water.

Except this most recent DinaFem Diesel. I didn't respond to either of you, but nonetheless I did read your comments and take a mental note... and then the first Dinafem Diesel seed died on the DVR and I decided, maybe you were on to something. I left the second DinaFem Diesel in water in a drawer for 24 hrs, it popped open a little, moved it to a paper towel soaked in rain water and left it in the drawer another 24 hrs, and today I transplanted it to soil because it had about a half inch long taproot :) It's going to make it, I'm confident. It looks like the healthiest taproot I've seen yet :love:

What I will do for germinating seeds from now on is just 24 hours in a cup of rainwater, then into a paper towel in a baggy in the drawer. I've also scraped the sides of most of the seeds I've germinated recently with the soft side of a emory board, hoping it will help get a little extra water through the seed. :Namaste:

P.S. another thing I noticed is actually, Don't Ever push the seed down below the surface of the water if it doesn't go down itself using the cup of water method. Now that I've been paying attention, I've noticed most of the rotted seeds I've had were ones I pushed below the surface, the other ones stayed floating and germinated fine... weird. My friend told me to push them below >.<
Congrats on your harvest SoulGirl & better luck with the DinaFem Diesel bean. Watch out for those drains...:thedoubletake:
Thank you Reg! :) argh that drain... maybe it will grow out of the drain if I move a light over there like Gfc said.. :laughtwo: I guess I'll never know though, I don't want to move any lights now that they're up. I've been working hard the last couple days doing the final trim on BBK and the two Bonsai Lucy's that I put off, and finishing up the flowering room, on top of many other random intrusions of life.

I'm probably going to start my new journal today :) although I still have some trimming to do -.- ugh. lol. I may even do an update on this journal after I can focus on the 6 outdoor girls in here and use the indoor journal for all things indoors. Outdoors the girls are all pretty small, but I think between the 6 of them I should be able to pull off 3-4 oz or so. and it will be good.. I have taken a few samples of BBK lately and WOW.

I should do a couple reviews.
Here's Reg's awesome review chart hahaha :)

IMG_20140818_5_1.jpg

First off I will say that the first time I tried Euphoria, it was a definite 8 or 9 - I could barely think when I got on here just after to type about it lol, and I was feeling crazy waves of real euphoria, true to the strain name... but this was after relative sobriety with a few bumps of resin smoking :cough: for a month or so. After my tolerance got built up again... (which took a horrifically short time by the way lol)

...I will say that my outdoor grown batch of Euphoria settles in at a even 6. It's great smoke. Too great. I'm almost out and that is very upsetting... the high is a hybrid that seems to come in alternating euphoric waves through the body and forehead. The taste is a very dank, slightly skunky citrus. Like a tangerine at first but finishing with a little sour - like a grapefruit. With a little teeny bit of black pepper.
As far as medical use my dad says it kills his chronic back pain, it helps with insomnia, it's very relaxing and almost meditative, good for depression, and I'm sure it's good for a plethora of other things as well. I really loved growing Euphoria and can't wait to grow more, awesome strain, I would recommend it to anyone.

Now... Black Bubba Kush. Another great hybrid. I think I'll also give it a 6, but the high is very different than Euphoria's, which is lazy and bordering on couch-locky. Black Bubba's high is more active. Yesterday, I had a bag out of the EQ of some choice nugs of the BBK where every hit on the baggy made stars swim in front of my eyes and made me start to black out, and it was very medicating. It was mostly a head high but also gave a strong, short body rush for the first 10 minutes, which then dissipated into much weaker (but noticeable if you pay attention) body waves. After that it's a pretty strong head high, and sense of relaxation, but with clarity.

I immediately went out to the grow room and started working for the next two hours after my baggy of BBK :) it was active but still very medicating, I'm really happy with it. The taste is kind of strange, it reminds of me of Jamaican Lambsbreath... spicy but bubba-like, with a little mint. and the aroma is mellow tea leaves, a touch of mint, that gets skunky when ground up. The bubba smell and flavor are in there, but they are integrated with something else that makes them completely different.

I think it's a very nice hybrid and I'm glad to have it, its maybe not something I'd personally go out of my way to pay for, but I'm glad I ended up with it and I don't plan on getting rid of it without growing a few more plants of it. For those people who want an active hybrid high, I'd definitely recommend it. It gives a solid yield compared to Euphoria, is an easy to grow plant, and is also very pretty, especially in cooler weather with the purples.

That's all for now, I'm going to get a little caught up with some journals, then I better get started taking pics for my new journal. then I can start gathering all the things I want for the first couple posts. ....and then more trimming. grr. I'm going to have a lot of hash and cannabutter at least lol.

:ciao:

P.S. Mini Lucy and Mini Mama both turned out around a 4 on Reg's chart and taste much better than their moms.

:ciao: SoilGirl. Nice smoke report. Short and simple as always. :laugh: No, no, don't change a hair for me (not if you care for me). I love your updates. So, let's get that grow room finished. I am on the e of my s waiting to see it. Really hope all is tickety-boo with you.
:circle-of-love:

OK... The New Journal is Up and Running! Everyone following my outdoor grow journal, I'd love to invite you to my indoor grow journal: SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal - Mars II 1600 & Other LEDs

The intro, is as expected... Extremely long. Lol. I'll be inviting my friends to it soon, and adding it to my sig. But for tonight, I think it's time to call it a day. Goodnight everyone, I really hope you'll be along for the indoor grow!

Wow... Mini Lucy is really turning out to be a psychedelic high as she cures. I definitely under-appreciated her until today. Looking back, I probably let her mom go too long, or I messed her mom up more than I thought because her high isn't like this.

PA2700142.JPG
PA2700241.JPG
PA2700202.JPG
PA2700192.JPG

After a bag early this morning and then another now, I'm quite hazy in the head, and colors seem WAY vibrant. And I'm just endlessly smiling. It doesn't help ADD though hahaha, I'm just flitting from thing to thing and thought to thought. Focusing is only possible on impulsive things like "I want a bowl of peanut butter crunch," or, "I need to listen to Pink Floyd" or, "I want to go show everyone on 420 mag some pics of my nugs and tell them how out of here I am." ...and that it's awesome. :rofl: that said, its a very active, happy high, just not a focused one.

She's not the prettiest bud ever, but I just felt like sharing my enjoyment of her. :Namaste: :love: hope everyone is well today!

Edit: I didn't even mention how sweet and exotic she tastes.... oh I give up there's nothing I can compare it to >.< sweet like sugary candy (I've said lemon pez before)...with citrus... but with something refreshing and exotic and floral... but you have to vaporize her at a lower temperature than other buds to enjoy it as much.

Ahhh the chickadee syndrome, flitting about. Lots of fun, hard to get anything done though.

Update Time!

So it's finally time for a decent update on the flowering girls outside. As you know, (or if not this will remind you :)) there are 6 plants, 2 BBK, 2 euphoria, 1 mama, 1 lucy, all clones. I won't be growing any more mama or lucy clones after this, they had a good run, and I didn't grow them as optimally as I'd hoped, but they got the job done and I've enjoyed them so far.

Its time for newer greener meadows however. That's why I am growing more BBK and Euphoria outside, and why they won't be joining us for the indoor grow. Maybe I'll regret that since Lucy is turning out to be a great high.. and these ones seem to be doing best so far health/quality-wise of all the outdoor mama's and lucy's. Everyone is starting to get to the budding outside during the day, and coming in for the warmth at night.

Here's the Last Lucy and how she's coming along. Smells wonderful..

PA2800072.JPG
PA280009_1.JPG

The Last Mama and how she's doing. also smells wonderful haha.

PA2800092.JPG
PA280010_1.JPG

Here are my two Euphoria plants and how they're looking :Namaste: holding to their mom's style and being the first to really get frosting. God, I love how they smell. I'm obsessed lol, I may grow this strain for ever and ever. :laughtwo:

PA2800012.JPG
PA280002_1.JPG
PA2800062.JPG
PA2800042.JPG

and last but not least, my two BBK's. Very different looking lol. One is short and looks like a mutant because of the reveg-ing. The other is tall, and which had twin node growth for a long time instead of just alternating node growth like total reveggers, so I got to top it, and now it's growing very symmetrically, and will probably give me the biggest yield of all these plants. They're starting to frost out, but they're a little behind Euphoria ;) ...and they smell soooo good... like Bubba... I hope it stays a little more in the flavor this time, though mama BBK tastes great dont get me wrong.

PA2800031.JPG
PA2800082.JPG
PA2800052.JPG
PA280007_1.JPG

:ciao: :love: :volcano-smiley:

Ahhh the chickadee syndrome, flitting about. Lots of fun, hard to get anything done though.

Chickadee are fun. They do talk a lot! :)

Hahaha, yes it is fun. I got things done, just not the things I was planning on... :rofl:

Hope you two are having a good day. :Namaste:

purple toe nails this time!

i seen the hay your talking about.. looks like straw, but if its hay you have some very clean hay there in colorado. we ship most ours to china here in the valley.

i seen the other day they said weather in denver was 80? lucky SoB's.. ;) its been solid rain for about a week or two here in the northwest. mornings dipping down to 42-43 degrees.

took a pic the other day, there is snow just on the mtn peak above the summit i snowboard, hoping i can be on the slopes by mid november!! o man love the snow, ha sorry :)

how long do you plan to keep moving your plants outside?

I&i

Terrific update, SG. :thanks: So very, very green. :)

PS Damn you and your sunny days. :laughtwo: I'm working on an ark here. Some bloke gave me instructions in a dream. What's a cubit?

purple toe nails this time!

i seen the hay your talking about.. looks like straw, but if its hay you have some very clean hay there in colorado. we ship most ours to china here in the valley.

i seen the other day they said weather in denver was 80? lucky SoB's.. ;) its been solid rain for about a week or two here in the northwest. mornings dipping down to 42-43 degrees.

took a pic the other day, there is snow just on the mtn peak above the summit i snowboard, hoping i can be on the slopes by mid november!! o man love the snow, ha sorry :)

how long do you plan to keep moving your plants outside?

I&i
Hahaha I think its straw :) that was my bad - I definitely didn't know that hay and straw were different LOL. Thanks for clearing that up hahahaha, Reg and I were a bit stumped.

And I don't really know, they're starting to get less than 6 hrs a day of direct sunlight, so as soon as weather takes a turn for the cooler, like when daily highs get below 60ish I will call it, I want to push it but not to the point I get a crappy chop haha. They're not big plants, but out of all 6 together I should pull together 3-4 dry ounces hopefully, maybe more. They're just in case I run out before I get an indoor plant chopped and cured.

I have so much trim LOL. More than I've ever had. Because I counted pretty much all of Big Mama and Juicy Lucy as trim once I got the next plants down. I'm going to be making lots of hash and maybe some butter, it's been a while since I made some decent home made canna butter.

PS Damn you and your sunny days. :laughtwo: I'm working on an ark here. Some bloke gave me instructions in a dream. What's a cubit?
Hahahaha you're welcome Mr. Teddy I'm so glad you enjoyed it :p I wish I could share some of my lovely sun rays with you!
Great looking plants as usual, but damn man.. those nugs look like they'd roll up really, really nice!

I hope you're enjoying it, it looks amazing :thumb:
They grind up so fluffy its amazing, I learned to never pack it down in the Arizer bowl, then it gives a really milky bag that's got the strength of a bong rip, with less lung damage.

But you just gave me a craving, I haven't had a good joint since my friend brought my 125w CFL down, and before that, for like 6 months lol. I'm gonna roll up a joint of Lucy, Mama, and BBK each and see how they do, I bet Lucy and Mama are the best buds for a joint. They're kindof fluffy nugs, but they're sticky and sweet :love:

Watch out there Mr. TEDDY. First its all cubits and rainbows and talking to god, then one day you are passed out naked and drunk in front of your daughters!

wow..just got woken up by a big glass of ice water being poured on me at 6 20 in the morning.. and getting dragged to the kitchen.. because our dishes were dirty and my dad thought I'd promised to clean them...and I didn't... I angrily said no, I'm not cleaning up after you do this to me, so he killed my euphoria clone indoors. what a start to the indoor grow journal... he tried to lock me into my garage too, and I broke the door down. Then he tried to hold me in there himself and I pushed him onto his back and ran to my room. I'm honestly sitting here crying right now with a gun and pepper spray scared he's going to try to terrorize me more..my mom had to get off the phone with me and go to work.. I feel pretty pathetic right now. God I have to get out of here.. maybe its not time for an indoor journal after all..

I really could use a hug right now.. :( ...god.. he just ripped the euphoria clone apart and was Smiling... I hate him.

I really could use a hug right now.. :( ...god.. he just ripped the euphoria clone apart and was Smiling... I hate him.

*hugs*
It's ok. I wouldn't worry about the plant right now. You should be more concerned about your well being and safety. I'm not too sure how old you are or what your situation is but you might want to consider moving out. No one deserves to be treated so harshly.

thanks Mike I'm seeing if I can go stay with my mom at her friend's house :( I was just sleeping.. I hate this

:hug::hug::hug::hug:
Hugs & kisses SoulGirl. I wish I could do more than just send you icons. If your grow is legal it may be time to dial 911. I know he's your father & all but self-preservation is the first law of nature.
I just said a prayer for you.

He got my big blue blood too...
that one was for him...

I called... then I hung up... then they called back. And I said everything was fine. I don't want to again.. I'm just gonna leave.. my plants will die..

Back
Top Bottom