Solo Grow Challenge 2014

Well I'm officially out. Killed almost all the clones. 1 left lol being away didn't help.

I'll still be here to judge. And maybe appoint peyton to head the contest? Or Jim? Who's up for it?

I'm just too damn busy guys I'm tying to get online more but its not working.

Unless u all think this will run its self till harvest.

I just feel bad I'm not on here more and I'm not able to give it my undecided attention. So I apologize.

Cheers

I don't mind if you transplant, Peyton :thumb:

I'm trying to take KingJohn's advice into consideration - but poking them with skewers didn't help.

I've just been telling them how wonderful they are :cheer:

IMG_164919.JPG

They can do better than this :high-five: I know they can, because I believe in them :amen:

IMG_164719.JPG

This might seem like a daily struggle, only to end up as bong-fodder :bongrip: Or even worse - trim for extracts :skeptical:

IMG_165119.JPG

But it doesn't have to be that way, you can do better, you can be 3rd runner-up champions of the mini-world :hug: (and then bong-fodder)

IMG_165416.JPG

Still looking a bit demotivated :dreamy:

IMG_164614.JPG

Maybe I'll try the wire :hmmmm:

Looking Good there Ricorico. I don't like being poked with bamboo slivers either...

Good Luck brother

WJ

I think this contest will run itself pretty smooth, but if not I got your back stumped. Handle your real world business, just make sure and pop in once in a while to check us out. Make sure to hit the playground up with your harvest though, excited to see that.

My plant in the grey fabric pot won't make it. It has tiny root nub, but leaves are quickly dying.

Question: could I take one of my stock cup clones and transplant it to fabric pot or is that against protocol? I'm fine either way, just curious. I'm guessing it would probably be bad for the plant too

I do not believe that this has been addressed in the contest rules. You may transplant 1 plant into your grey fabric pot for the contest.

I don't mind if you transplant, Peyton :thumb:

I'm trying to take KingJohn's advice into consideration - but poking them with skewers didn't help.

I've just been telling them how wonderful they are :cheer:

IMG_164919.JPG
Root

Rooting for you. I fucked up keeping the photos I wanted for this post, but that's all ok! :cheer:

My progress so far:

2014-10-21_01_11_49.jpg
2014-10-21_01_11_59.jpg

She's getting a bit of colour in her cheeks.
5 segment fan leaves coming up.
totally rootbound :D

Hope her color doesn't turn ghastly. Can't remember if you tasted this gal or not, but the root bound thing is ringing a bell. My thought in this world of miniatures still has the idea of mass below ground roughly equaling mass above ground.

thought for anyone who has room for a thought: keep the roots trimmed in ratio to ultimate plant, uh, ratio.

:cheer:
Marion

Hope her color doesn't turn ghastly. Can't remember if you tasted this gal or not, but the root bound thing is ringing a bell. My thought in this world of miniatures still has the idea of mass below ground roughly equaling mass above ground.

thought for anyone who has room for a thought: keep the roots trimmed in ratio to ultimate plant, uh, ratio.

:cheer:
Marion

If the root binding becomes a big issue, I'll remove the plant from the 'pot', cut off half the root ball and plop it back in. It's not like I'm relying on this plant for more than four grammes of dry weight anyway lol I've chopped root balls on rose bushes and cacti and all i ever suffered was slowed growth for a short time, but that resolved itself.

I've not tasted this one no.

I thought about going through with the transplant, but i'll just wait and try the fabric pot on a larger scale. the plant in gray fabric pot is definitely dead, but I'm still in it to win it with the other 4.

It's nice to know that even experienced growers lose plants. makes me feel a lot better about the one I'm losing at the moment.

Just to clarify, it ain't my contest entry that's dying :p

Thankyou Ricorico I was trying to sprout a companion THC bomb originally too and after a long wait I tried the light squeeze to help
the tap root break open like somenone here mentioned I think,well I squeezed too hard :thedoubletake: and the other 3 seeds left I was trying for this challenge were dead and empty when I squeezed them. A male and female sweet god would be a bonus for me to try for some seeds I could go bigger with

Back
Top Bottom