Somehow it's Working - Soil, Sun & CFL's

3 more oz (final) from Big Amber into jars, total 4.5.

A final total of 3.5 oz in jars from B5. Not as many seeds as I thought she had, but plenty. Probably have collected 40 that just came loose.

An ongoing total of 3.25 oz of B1 went into jars today. There's still some out drying.

The buds still feel mushy, hope I'm not jarring them too early but since they're all trimmed buds I figure there's not that much excess moisture if there were more stems. I'll watch and burp them as much as I can.

I also have 5.5 jars between the 3 of them undergoing a water cure. 3.5 of B1 and 1 each BA & B5. I'll probably get .5 oz or so from each full jar.

B1 got crushed by budrot and I'll still have about 6 oz. Bet I lost half of her and a third of the others.

No complaints. The final tally isn't in, and there is still moisture to work out of all the buds, probably 20%. So that should put me in the 12 oz ballpark.... I'll take it and run....:lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

Hey Blue. It sounds like you had a great season. Good on you bro

Thanks G-Dog. I'm sending positive karma your way. You've been a great friend and poster.

Your buds look amazing!!!! You are making me believe that my CFL lights are going to be ok. Thank you for this. :goodjob:

Hey Supernova thanks! They were amazing and if they hadn't gotten budrot I'd have been looking at around a pound and a half.

I'm not sure this says anything about cfl's though. Those 3 plants spent 90% of their lives outdoors. They came inside about a month ago and finished really slowly. They still weren't as done as I'd have liked when I discovered the rot and had to chop them.

My current hempy grow is going to be all cfl's. Guys have had a lot of good luck with them, so I feel confident and you should too.

same here...the plants are beautiful.....but mine spent most of their time outside too. Wifey wants them inside, out of sight so...we'll explore this at the same time I guess

same here...the plants are beautiful.....but mine spent most of their time outside too. Wifey wants them inside, out of sight so...we'll explore this at the same time I guess

I'm not trying to grow monsters, and I don't expect yields like I just got - they vegged all summer, were big plants and had the best light source there is. However they were also not properly fed and had lots of issues I hope to avoid with this next grow.

If the yield sucks I'll look into upgraded lighting, probably led's or an hps in the 400w range. For now though I wanna see how it plays out with just cfls' and probably some mylar.

Put final 2.25 of B1 in jars yesterday, now everything is jarred up.

Current standings:

B1 5.5z in jars, 3.5 jars in water
BA 4.5z in jars, 1 jar in water
B5 3.5z in jars, 1 jar in water

B1 my big sativa came out great. Sweet smelling with hints of citrus I think... I don't have the best sence of taste or smell. Nice energetic high but I def feel stoned... further extensive testing is in order!

Giant 6ft, stinky trees in buckets around the pool was nerve wracking toward the end. I'm so glad they are hanging. Two more to go....smaller ones....just waiting on more amber. But I'm ready for them to be gone too. The babies don't bother me so much, I'll likely keep vegging outside and finish in a closet...we'll see how you do :)
*******:morenutes:******:morenutes:******:morenutes:*****
(Turns out, my avatar is a pretty accurate representation) :)

I'm not trying to grow monsters, and I don't expect yields like I just got
But there is a definite psycological effect to being surrounded by these plants when they are big and in full bloom, watching them shiver and shimmy in the breeze (notice they shake like Aspens....they don't sway at all)
It may be imaginary, but there is some kinda connection or something going on.
You often wonder what attracted the first human to something....like eating an oyster, or a crab. No wondering with this plant. It's a friggin magnet. Some of those really swollen colas just looked like you could take a big bite.
I've never had any of these feelings or sensations in a hydro grow room. Likely just my insanity.....just sayin' :)

I'm not trying to grow monsters, and I don't expect yields like I just got
But there is a definite psycological effect to being surrounded by these plants when they are big and in full bloom, watching them shiver and shimmy in the breeze (notice they shake like Aspens....they don't sway at all)
It may be imaginary, but there is some kinda connection or something going on.
You often wonder what attracted the first human to something....like eating an oyster, or a crab. No wondering with this plant. It's a friggin magnet. Some of those really swollen colas just looked like you could take a big bite.
I've never had any of these feelings or sensations in a hydro grow room. Likely just my insanity.....just sayin' :)

They are totally fascinating plants to me too. But if tomatoes got me stoned I'd probably be a lot more fascinated with them too :)

You know what always had me is it is like growing gold. Weed goes for $5000 a pound in some places like the San Francisco Bay area of California or LA. Not that I would ever think of selling it.... I have bought a lot. So part of the excitement as been the value. That is why people in places like Afghanistan grow weed instead of tomatoes or corn. Basic economics. You know even after it is completely legal it will still be a valuable crop.

...It may be imaginary, but there is some kinda connection or something going on...

It's not imaginary Brother BlueDog, it's the Backster Effect. Cleve Backster, an American scientist, conducted research that led him to believe that plants can communicate with other lifeforms.

We're communicating right now....and I like what she's sayin':yummy:

:laughtwo:

My first try at hash tonight, I'm using dried, frozen leftovers, a coffee grinder and ice water.

Well really my second try, I used rubbing alcohol before but I don't consider that hash and don't think I'd try it again.

I'm using these instructions:

I don't like this method. Grinding the stuff takes forever so I switched to a coffee grinder. It's super fast but I ended up with a ton of finely ground leaf down amongst the trichs. Now I don't know what to do. Looks like a big pile of green dust.

Ever tried not drying the trim out? I freeze mine until ready to make hash and then making sure to use ice (crushed is good if you don't mind buying a bag) only first to "freeze" bust the trichs off for water hash...you end up with A grade hash and very low plant particulate count...you might not get everything though but is full melt, but if you are gonna do alcohol...not sure it matters if your screen is fine enough if your trim/buds are dry or not.

Just my thoughts on hash...really a newbie at making it though, just prefer better hash as I don't smoke alot of it and when I do it is for serious pain or insomnia...it usually keeps me up another hr or two or until I eat a little snack, then it seems to turn right into tiredness for me. Sure not like when I was a kid only smoking a couple times a day at most then, hash meant couch lock narcotic trippin...while my ferret chewed on my friends nipples through his shirt..and he could barely shoo it away...:laughtwo:

:peacetwo: and best of luck on your hash making!

I don't like this method. Grinding the stuff takes forever so I switched to a coffee grinder. It's super fast but I ended up with a ton of finely ground leaf down amongst the trichs. Now I don't know what to do. Looks like a big pile of green dust.

You put that pile of green dust in cold water and stir it up. The resin sinks, it is heavier than water and the leaf will float, it is lighter than water.

It's like dust G-dog. I tried like hell to get it to float last night but it just sat on the bottom. Maybe now that it's all dried out it will float, sure worth a try.... thanks!

Thanks G-Dog. I'm sending positive karma your way. You've been a great friend and poster.

Hey Supernova thanks! They were amazing and if they hadn't gotten budrot I'd have been looking at around a pound and a half.

I'm not sure this says anything about cfl's though. Those 3 plants spent 90% of their lives outdoors. They came inside about a month ago and finished really slowly. They still weren't as done as I'd have liked when I discovered the rot and had to chop them.

My current hempy grow is going to be all cfl's. Guys have had a lot of good luck with them, so I feel confident and you should too.

I shall follow your new journal then, and give you all sorts of support. I hope that your next harvest will go by smoothly and no budrot!! And my confidants is growing a little more. My plant has been indoors only, so we shall see how it goes!!! :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom