Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

Did you see what Duggan did with his monster Desfrans? Bamboo poles around the perimeter, I think he ran a rope or wire around the top of all that, and then used pipe cleaners from the craft store or dollar store to attach. Bamboo has those nice nodal points that give you attachment anchors. There are many options available. Bamboo poles come in handy. Your local big-box hardware store should have some.

You brainstorm better than I do. :) Thank you!

You brainstorm better than I do. :) Thank you!

That's why we community garden. I like to think of the forum as Brainstorming Central. :battingeyelashes:

UPDATE: Louise ~ Day 59 (19 days from flip)

Howdy folks. :blushsmile: Louise is yellowing up a little bit down low again. I cant feed her tonight because I forgot to set out tap water so now I have to wait. :( Shes looking lovely as she usually does despite that. Since I bent over some of her branches the other day, I put her back up on the SWICK for some height. I can remove it again whenever I feel like it.

I hope yall having a great day!

From the peephole...
louise9261.jpg

louise9265.jpg

louise9262.jpg

louise9263.jpg

louise9264.jpg

Here is what her undercarriage looks like without me pulling anything out of there today.
louise9267.jpg

This is my last view of her before closing up the tent.
louise9266.jpg

Till next time!

Lovely. Your appreciation for her shines through. I'm glad I stopped. Off to bed early tonight.

I'll see you tomorrow. :love:

Lovely. Your appreciation for her shines through. I'm glad I stopped. Off to bed early tonight.

I'll see you tomorrow. :love:

Thank you and Sweet Dreams!

Wonderful little indoor garden. Love to see the baby flowers cuz you know they're gonna bulk up and become beautiful buds someday soon. So excited for you.

Have a wonderful night.

P.S. If it were my garden, I'd strip that undercarriage clean. But that's just me.

Wonderful little indoor garden. Love to see the baby flowers cuz you know they're gonna bulk up and become beautiful buds someday soon. So excited for you.

Have a wonderful night.

P.S. If it were my garden, I'd strip that undercarriage clean. But that's just me.

Thank you, MysterySeeds. :blushsmile:

Thank you, Radogast. :blushsmile: I havent really considered a shelf, no. My tent is in my bedroom and its honestly in the way. I dont really want to get into anything too complicated inside there. Having said that, Im starting have the urge to fill that empty space. haha. I was only going to do one plant this time no matter what because I wanted to see if things might be different if only one girl hogged all the light. So far, Im thinking that was a good idea and now that I have it out of my system my next grow will be two autos. Then Im moving on to photos more permanently, I think. The grow after that will be Kali Mist and probably these afghani's I have here. May as well plant them since they were free.

Thanks for dropping by. Always like it when you come visit. :blushsmile:

Thank you, Radogast. :blushsmile: I havent really considered a shelf, no. My tent is in my bedroom and its honestly in the way. I dont really want to get into anything too complicated inside there. Having said that, Im starting have the urge to fill that empty space. haha. I was only going to do one plant this time no matter what because I wanted to see if things might be different if only one girl hogged all the light. So far, Im thinking that was a good idea and now that I have it out of my system my next grow will be two autos. Then Im moving on to photos more permanently, I think. The grow after that will be Kali Mist and probably these afghani's I have here. May as well plant them since they were free.

Thanks for dropping by. Always like it when you come visit. :blushsmile:

I was not clear in my suggestion.

Leave the tent for flowering, as you are doing. I was thinking something like SweetSue's little closet with 100-200w of CFL to raise babies. When the babies are grown to the right size and space is available in your tent, the baby girls can move into the tent. As with SweetSue's little closet, no air filters or light blockers are required. For non-autoflowers, just have a light on 15+ hours a day.

If you were to move 1/2 a tent full of flowers every 4-5 weeks, you would harvest every 4-5 weeks. Your veg area could be anywhere in your living space would only need to be big enough to grow your half tent full every 4-5 weeks. For 2 plants per tent, that is one plant in veg. For 4 plants per tent that is two plants.

- - -

I'm just suggesting you could plant outside the tent when you decide Louise is 40 days from harvest for 40 days of sprouting and vegging or 50 days of sprouting and vegging if you plant today :)

Oh yes, I misunderstood and now I get it. Its a great thought, but I cant really. For some reason this house I rent is either very cold or very hot and not enough windows. I dont think I can control the temps as well anywhere else in the house. Before I got my tent, I tried growing bag seed in a closet. None ever lasted very long and I tried several times. I now know it was too hot in that closet. Someday, I hope to expand a little but for now it will just have to be one grow at a time.

UPDATE: Louise Day 60 (Day 20 from flip)

Hello 420 friendlies. :blushsmile:

My Louise is doing fine, fine, fine. I fed her again last night. 1/2 gallon of water and 25% strength Fox Farms Nutrients: Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. She appreciated the water and didnt throw a fit about the nutes. Maybe I finally have her number. :) Her little flowers are fast becoming more than little. Im loving it. I like how I can see the flowers stacked all along each stalk. Its exciting!

Without further ado...here is Mizz Louise, the Strawberry Blue.
louise9281.jpg

louise9283.jpg

louise9282.jpg

See ya later alligators!

Looking good, Sorenna. Glad to hear you're getting the nutes dialed in, which pains all new growers: "Am I feeding it too much or not enough?"

I'm with Rado in regard to adding a veg cabinet, but I understand the decision to not add one. Just nice to have a 2-month harvest instead of a 4-month harvest.

Anyway, keep up the good work. May the brix be with you.

Sorenna, how's she smelling these days? I'm very close to harvest on my tiny beauty and she smells very strongly of berry sweetness. Drives me to distraction. :laughtwo: I get so excited when I get over her. She seems so much bigger every day.

Thank you, MysterySeeds. :blushsmile: Ive managed both ends of the spectrum in regards to too little or too much food. Im just talented that way. lol

I hate to say it, but you two have me thinking...

I could only use something that is already in this room but can be converted and I have exactly one possibility. My desk. The desk has a cabinet with a door. It even has a hole in the back where I could run the cords for the lights. It isnt very big though. Its like 1.5 feet tall, maybe a foot wide, and another 1.5 feet deep. It might hold one plant or maybe two in smaller pots. Great. Now the wheels are turning. Id love to drop my 2 afghani's, but I dunno if this space will do. I will think on it. :blushsmile:

Sorenna, how's she smelling these days? I'm very close to harvest on my tiny beauty and she smells very strongly of berry sweetness. Drives me to distraction. :laughtwo: I get so excited when I get over her. She seems so much bigger every day.

I saw your post where you said it smelled like strawberries. I dont have the same take on her scent. It smells divine, but it doesnt smell like strawberries. It smells like some sort of exotic flower. It smells flowery and herby at the same times. Its very difficult to pinpoint it exactly with words. It smelled like that last time. I would drag the buds under my nose and I was in heaven without smoking it. It was, in my opinion of her to date, the best part about her. Her scent. I love to work with her, because she stays on my fingertips for a while. I wait to wash them. lol

High Sorenna

Louise is coming along nicely and I didn't realize it had been so long since I dropped in. Been off my feed lately and had a very minor surgery last week so have been medicating a bit more than usual. Some nasty pharma meds more for recreation than real need. :)

That yellowing early in flowering was Louise demanding more food than what was in her root zone so she stole some from the older fan leaves. During the stretch plants eat more than any other time and really need a good feed a few days before flipping to max them out. I generally just add a 1/2 dose of Bloom nutes to the usual Grow feeding a week before I plan to flip then a 50/50 Grow/Bloom mix the next watering around the time I flip along with a little Big Bud. Seems to get the flowers bursting forth a week after the flip so I keep doing it.

She should be done her stretching now so the feed you are giving her should do nicely. Extra P and K will keep the flowers growing while slowly backing off with the N.

L8r

I do the same thing and then it's all over the iPad screen! LOL! But I love that lingering scent. While I was uploading the photos today I had the tent wide open so I could enjoy the smells of all those maturing plants wafting out. Yummmmmmy!

Back
Top Bottom