Sour-Bubba OG Growing under some CFL's:

Re: "Sour-Bubba" OG Growing under some CFL's:

I Need HELP i got a big gnat problem..... I trying not watering for a few days to day the soil out but there still here... I put some Grey Goose and juice with soap in there and a fly strip but the fly strip is are filling up fast
IM000622.JPG

I Need HELP i got a big gnat problem..... I trying not watering for a few days to day the soil out but there still here... I put some Grey Goose and juice with soap in there and a fly strip but the fly strip is are filling up fast

You can try repotting the plants with sterilized potting soil. Fungus Gnats are real buggers to get rid of.

Thats a bit too extreme for me i think I'll just keep on fighting them fuckers now...... and prey they dont get worse

Heard diatomaceous earth works sometimes if you spread a layer anywhere the larvae will try and surface.

If the DE gets wet though it won't work well, it works on the basis that dry it sucks all the protective coating from the larvae and they dry out. Also heard for really soft bodied larvae it like a torture chamber for them to climb through.

Anyway good luck with your gnats and your girl looks great! :cheer: +rep

I would also suggest discontinuing the molasses until you get the gnats under control - just a feeling, no science to back this up. The DE is the best, tho.

edit to say that's the molasses i use, too.

Yeah i stopped using the molasses till them fuckers die off

Great job stopping the mollasses. One thing that would help the gnats as well is if you get a cover for the soil. I mean cut a peice of cardboard or plastic to make a cover for the soil. this will keep the soil from drying out fast as well as kill the light so it wont warm up and create the enviorment that is right for breeding of gnats. I do this when I place soil potted plants in my open areas of my hydro area. It always works for me. Just a thought. But trust me it helps.

Good thinking butcher I'll just make a cover out of some cardboard and foil. That should work.... I hope

Good thinking butcher I'll just make a cover out of some cardboard and foil. That should work.... I hope

Just cardboard.....leave out the foil, it will create hot spots. imho

Great job stopping the mollasses. One thing that would help the gnats as well is if you get a cover for the soil. I mean cut a peice of cardboard or plastic to make a cover for the soil. this will keep the soil from drying out fast as well as kill the light so it wont warm up and create the enviorment that is right for breeding of gnats. I do this when I place soil potted plants in my open areas of my hydro area. It always works for me. Just a thought. But trust me it helps.

I think tactical nuke then sombody with a brain shows up " just cover em up"
So if I make my covers out plastic can I at least cover em with sticky so I can see the dead ones............ Make's me feel better:cheer:

So if I make my covers out plastic can I at least cover em with sticky so I can see the dead ones............ Make's me feel better:cheer:

Why Not!:rofl:

Just cardboard.....leave out the foil, it will create hot spots. imho

Damn i should have got online this morning before i made the cover out of cardboard and foil

Oh well ill leave it there for now and see if it works:thanks:

Yeah thats how i feel after checking home depot for like an hour look for gnat nukes...... They dont sell one that i would feel smoking in a month or so:yummy:

Heyhey, just got caught up on yer grow here. Doing a real nice job. Love the LST, I am using that technique on my plants as well. Sorry to hear about your gnat issue. I know Joe Coffee had a hell of a battle with them little suckers. I think he did end up using DE to help kill off the larvae. Anyways, just wanted to say what up, good job and I will be watching. Stay green brother.

L8ER

Back
Top Bottom