Spitz Tries His Hand At The Dr. & Some Fruit In Soil!

image34501.jpg

Hey Spitz
This pic is simply put ... perfect. I love the way it shows off all the different shapes and colors. Stunning! Not sure if thats they way you planned it or lucky to be at just the right angle on the right time, either way, SIMPLY STUNNING my friend

OG

After 14 weeks of 12/12, the journey comes to an end! The 2nd Grinspoon was weighed and jarred today.

image34822.jpg

image34823.jpg

image34824.jpg

She came in at just under 3.2 oz. I'm extremely satisfied. Without going back and verifying numbers (that are posted here lol), this should bring the total harvest to around 12oz for the total harvest. The entire grow took place under an Advanced LED XML650. I can't say anything bad at all about this light. It covers a 4x4 very effectively, the independent variable red/blue and white LEDs are great for starting seedlings. Other than that, it's pretty nice looking at plants under white light.

Disappointments:
I didn't flush my soil until it was too late. I hadn't been giving much feed (2 x 600ppm) and was using tap water. My tap water is only 70 ppm but after about 5 weeks, the soil became toxic and all my plants showed I'll affects.

Seeds? Not the end of the world, but.. It's still a bummer. The Strawberry Cheesecake is moderately seeded. After harvesting, drying, curing... I've found a seed or 2 in each of the plants. The SC has by far more than other so must be the father. She was the worst looking plant in the bunch.

The Girl Scout Cookie hermie... That sucked! It happens though. Thankfully it happened early.

Thanks to everyone for all the support, tips, tricks, and general good humor. I enjoyed my time. I'll keep the journal rolling through the harvest of the last group which will be no later than the first week of December. Take care, good luck, and Peace!!!

Background on the remaining plants.

Started under a 250W T5ho 4' 4 bulb fixture.
2 x CropKing Purple Kush
1 x Afghan Kush x Skunk
1 x Medijuana
1 x White Widow (there is no chance she'll finish). She's still here because the lights are on and water is cheap.

The Medijuana is in coco. The others are in FFOF and RootsOrganic soil. The coco girl gets GH 1G, 1B, 2Micro, 2 Koolbloom and a splash of CaMg (started 2 weeks ago). The soil plants get to drink the coco runoff after a bit of dilution.

Here's a shot of the entire tent:

image34829.jpg

Here's a shot of each of the 2 purple kush. The buds are small. I hope they fill out during swell. They sure are pretty though. I'd reccomend a longer veg and a bit of training. I think that would go a long way. Thankfully, I still have some seeds left.

image34827.jpg

That coco girl is beautiful. Congrats on the harvest, and a bonus, you have a few seeds to play with! What is the height and width of the coco one, and how old is she?
I could probably go back and look, but, I'm kinda lazy like that lol.

That coco girl is beautiful. Congrats on the harvest, and a bonus, you have a few seeds to play with! What is the height and width of the coco one, and how old is she?
I could probably go back and look, but, I'm kinda lazy like that lol.

Thanks CD! I'm going to guess she was planted around the first of September. Let me know if you're interested in a dozen strawberry cheesecake seeds! Lol. I'll guess she's about 30" tall and 2' in diameter. That tent shot is in a 4x4. She was 12/12 from seed and should come down at 90 days from seed. it's tough to see in the pictures, but, she'll yield more than the other 3 combined. Not nearly as pretty as the PKs though. Thanks again CD!

Hey Spitz. Your journal makes me smile! I lack the social skills to go through journals handing out compliments left and right unless I really mean it, since i never mastered the art of positive chitchat. Seeing your pics though I have the opposite problem and have to restrain myself from gushing about how lovely everything looks...
Uh.. Looks good.

Weekly update time...

First off is the tent shot. The 4 seedlings are 2xPurple Haze and 2xMaui Waui regular seeds. Yeah.. They are currently vegging at 12/12. I know, I know... Lol. I figured they won't sex until well after the others are finished.

I bought the entire AN PH Perfect Coco series. I'll mix up a 4 gallon batch tomorrow. I want to see how where it stabilizes and how long it stays there. The 4 seedlings are all in coco. The glass that is half full is the product of a "Triple Lindy" off the platform as a newly hatched seedling. Carefully packed her back in coco and she never missed a beat!

image34928.jpg

Next up is the Medijuana top. She's big and fat! I wish she was a bit frostier but we'll see. She looks about 2 weeks out. She is growing and getting fatter every day. We'll cut when we cut and take what we get...

image34929.jpg

And now for the Afghan Kush X Skunk lady. She just plain stinks! I bet she'll be good. She looks to be getting close. Ironically, I topped her early on so I could tell her apart from the Purple Kush plants. Makes me laugh when I look down at the tent after the matter. She's getting close too. I never really kept any dates on these so we are just going to wing it.

Ugh.. Sorry again for another 2 part update.

Last is a Purple Kush top. I think she's done. I might take one later this weekend and let one go for 2 weeks. Again.. We're just winging it day by day.

image34931.jpg

Feel free to shout out any questions, comments, or concerns. I'm pretty tough to offend. Peace!

Edit..
I took a "sampler" for momma a day ago. She might be ready for a trial run in another couple days.

Back
Top Bottom