Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Stunning plants! A lot of space is sure nice to work with, but these show a perfect environment and soil that supports them throughout :thumb:

Amherst Sour Diesel Veg Day 55

Starting to get the energy back up to normal with this girl. Seems like the top dressings are getting things back in order and she looks a lot happier. Gave her a few cups of rain water yesterday for the top level of the soil. As you can see from the pictures, she is due for a haircut which she will likely get tonight or tomorrow. I am going to try and keep her in the 2 gallon pot until we move which would be easier if my soil was where I want it. Its going to be a challenge I think.

The bonus update is a Tangie Ghost Train clone I have been slow growing. I took the clone back in July and I grew her in a solo cup for about a month and then moved her to the half gallon pot where she has been getting rain water only for 2 months. She is showing signs of deficiencies but I have started adding stuff back into the top of the soil for a couple more weeks hopefully. I am experimenting with how long I can really stretch it with my soil going water only. Gotta say I am pleased what I am able to get with water only . She is 34" tall at this point. I have not topped her yet but I will before the transplant and flip (whenever that is).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! If you are up here in our areas, be careful of the Nor'Ester!

Wow the Tangie Ghost is very impressive. Good soil Van.

Stunning plants! A lot of space is sure nice to work with, but these show a perfect environment and soil that supports them throughout :thumb:

Hey Conrad, thanks brother! Soil was really dialed in on the last batch. Gonna mix another batch to cook in a few weeks. The quality, the yield, the terps are all as good as they have been.

This latest batch is off but I know what I did wrong so no big deal. I'll get the next batch dialed back in. I just had to up pot a clone from the White Widow that I had been growing in a solo cup for over 2 months. It started to fade pretty good and its eating itself now. 2 months of water only in solo cup....I can work with that!

Thanks Stone Otter. Glad I have a clone or two of her going! She is a great daytime Sativa and makes great cobs for smoking!

Ok got a bit of question for a couple of you. I know @TheMadDabber was having some bug issues recently. I think the verdict on those bugs in question were that they were hypoaspis or predatory mites. I think I have the same thing.....saw a couple of the little buggers shooting across the top of the soil of a fig tree we have (I planted it in some stank soil so I am concerned its a bigger issue than just that pot) and managed to capture a few pictures that aren't the best. They are very fast and very small and hard to get a good shot as they are running around. Here is the conversation from the other threads. If @InTheShed you can add any more to my memory and these quotes, please add what I am missing.

So I confirmed with our 420 bug master PT. I have (at minimum) 3 types of bugs :eek:.

1st and easily the best.

Predatory Mites (hypoaspis mites)

Second

Aphids (which those mites eat)

And 3rd fungus gnats (who's larvae the mites also eat)

Soooo maybe I'll reduce sprays? And sadly I probably murdered a bunch of my good guys with the bad....

20181027_131200.jpg

These dudes haul serious ass. Obviously till around as I chased this fool down for a quick pic.

Heres an aphid little shit...

20181027_132202.jpg

Literally sucking the life from my plants lol.

So for now I'll quit spraying the soil and pots and stick to leaves and walls. The mites dont really go onto the plants they just hang on the pots and coco eating gnat larvae.

Ugh. The fun of growing cannabis lol

The bugs I saw look like the ones in first picture. @Pterostychus was that picture in fact a predatory mite, the hypoaspis? See the picture I attached below and please confirm with me before go into complete panic mode. They are only on top of the soil and nothing on any of the leaves.

Luckily the only mites I have are predatory! The aphids and fungus gnats are a nuisance this time around. Shed was the one running that "bug and breakfast" lmao

I have been seeing a lot of fungus gnats and their larvae in our vermi-compost soil so I am hoping that they are in fact hypoaspis and good for any fungus gnat issues that might be emanating from those bins.

Just having a bad week, well 30 days+ really, and am really hoping that these are good bugs and all I have to worry about are fungus gnats. Thanks in advance....now here are our bugs.

I have gotta believe its the same ones or at least very similar to the ones Dabber had. I know there was a discussion on another thread of someone else's but I can't remember. Hoping the bug experts will confirm that! I think we also have some springtails too. Read up on them as well, but I am not sure on them. Can't get good pics of them either.

They are definitely fast movers.....them bastards scoot buddy, let me tell ya. Its fun chasing them with the cell phone zoomed in. "God damn it, where did it go? Oh there it is...let me snap the pict.....fudge!! He took off again, where did it go???" (insert Stank staring at the top of a pot of soil like an idiot) "Oh there it is.....damn it, you fast SOB! Just SIT STILL!!! God damn it!"

Of course the real version is the "R" and "X" rated version with adjectives more fitting a career jarhead.

Yeah mone are MOVERS! .... like for their size they haul ass. The look of them is nearly identical.
20181027_131200.jpg

I can hardly get pics of them cause they never stop. Unless they're eating I assume? But I also have the worm bins and not a ton of gnats (but they are around so I assume some entity keeps the at bay)

Sounds like urb verified the fast movers are the good guys. Also having them in the medium vs. On the plant is encouraging especially when there is 0 "mite damage".

Now that I think about it. I had the same environment you do, I compost the odd stuff in my top dress, had some gnats, with those fast little mites running all over my pots/soil, but never had any plant damage or issues. The gnats slowly went away as I deployed sticky traps. Probably got some mites too.

I was slightly concerned and called the bug lady. Told me it was all good.

Them little buggers are great! Stay down in the soil and will even stick around if there aren't any prey bugs for them to eat.

If you really don't want them around, you can give the pots a full submersion dunk in straight water to flood them out.

I kept them around when I saw them in my old grow. They had no interest in my plants, just zipped around the soil the whole time.

Everything looks great over there brother!
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom