Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

I take it a step further. I make my oil from freshly squeezed rosin. I’ve never worked out the correct dosing but it’s only been for me. There was a few times when I was wrapped in a blanket, shaking and laughing hysterically at the same time so I had to learn the hard way... :headbanger: Buzz Lightyear type thing...

How do you use it post pressing Gramps? If there is no heating up.....how is it decarbed?

I put the rosin into a silicon container and place it in my toaster oven (@ 240F) until it stops bubbling (time ranges from 12-20 minutes depending on the rosin and amount). After it’s decarbed, I add it to the olive oil...extra virgin because it’s heart healthy. You’re welcome! :hug:

:slide::rofl:

I don’t know how much oil a lb would produce so again, more math haha... but at 3capsules a day, that’s a fair amount of oil... I think lol

:passitleft:

There's about a 20% return, depending on strength/type of solvent used, length/efficiency of washes, etc. So, 16 oz. of bud should yield around 3 oz. of RSO.

Thanks Gramps!

So yesterday was fun. Spend the day dealing with up potting plants to prep for flipping and tending other garden needs. Spent the night with Ms Stank making up about a 3rd of the batch of RSO. Talk about some lessons learned. That stuff is incredibly sticky and a pain in the ass to deal with.

We finished up last night and were a bit frustrated with how the process was. To clean the sticky pan that we used...I decided to rub a little olive oil on it and let it set. After letting it set overnight, I noticed that a bit of the sticky residue was mixed into the oil so I decided to put it on low heat and see what happens. Needless to say, it took all the sticky RSO off that I couldn't get with anything else. I imagine that its a great way to reclaim any small amounts of RSO left behind on toothpicks, spoons, spatulas, or anything else involved in the processing.

The next lesson we learned is that dealing with the RSO is freaking impossible. We didn't have the right droppers to do the capsules so in frustration I just put the RSO in a small glass dish for now. We retired to bed trying to figure out how we were going to accurately try and dose this sappy stuff into the capsules. After the cleanup adventure with the olive oil....I am thinking about mixing the RSO at a 2:1 ratio of olive oil to RSO and blend it together for a consistency that I can put into the capsules. I think that will enable us to use the droppers that we normally use.

My only concern with dealing with this......is if the RSO will mix in evenly with the olive oil so that the medicine in mixed in thoroughly in the mixture. Have any of you ever tried mixing a carrier oil in with the RSO tincture and if so, do you have any tricks or recommendations for this? Am I way off base in thinking that this solution will work and make the act of dosing into capsules much easier and effective for a consistent dose?

You can "suck" the WARM oil into a standard syringe. If you wait and the oil gets tacky, it just needs to be re-warmed. When you mix with the carrier oil, also rewarm and stir/shake and the two oils will combine.

Ok, perfect.....I can make that work.

Do you find a ratio of Olive oil to RSO that you like to work with for easy dosing and consistency?

I find it best to mix the oil/RSO to a ratio of a proper dose when it goes into the capsules. I think 50/50 is too strong (although, I used it in the example when we spoke to make the math easy!). If you want to get him 350mg of cannabinoids in a dose, a 1:3 ratio of RSO to Oil should get you close. (Each #00 cap is about 1gm or 1,000mg, so 1/3 of that would be 330mg of cannabinoids).

If we're getting into dosing precision, I think 00 capsules are .91ml of liquid.

Actually, it's supposed to be 0.95ml (maybe differs per manufacturer? :hmmmm: :

Capsule Volume measures the available filling capacity of the capsule, in milliliters (ml).

Capsule Weight is the weight of the empty capsule, measured in milligrams (mg). Vegetarian capsules are slightly heavier than gelatin.

SizeCapacityGel. CapsuleVeg. Capsule
SizeVolume (ml)Weight (mg)Weight (mg)
Empty Capsules
0001.37158 ± 10163 ± 10
000.95123 ± 7136 ± 7
00.6899 ± 6105 ± 6
10.4876 ± 579 ± 5
20.3661 ± 463 ± 4
30.2748 ± 350 ± 3
40.2038 ± 340 ± 3

But, no need to be that exact since we're not using tested bud and have some other factors that just make it very difficult to judge things like how much doesn't fully dissolve, how full are each individual cap, etc. ;)

Ya' know....Before you start making pills that will knock out a horse, let me see if I can help you a little better....

You need to start with how much you want for a DAILY dosage and I would then divide that by three to make a morning, afternoon & evening individual dosage. That way, you keep a constant "onslaught" of cannabinoids in the system working against the cancer.

Rick Simpson suggests 1 gram per day, in which case three of those 330 mg doses per day would, again, be pretty close.

But, people are finding success with much lower dosages of RSO (like 350 mg's per day!) and most people will need to work their way up to that amount.

Since your RSO is probably about 80%-90% THC, even 100 mg of RSO will get you well into the "Medical Dose" territory (which typically starts at 50 mg of THC and you'd be at 80+ mg's!). So, when we're talking doses of 330 mg, or even half of that, we're talking about some VERY strong dosages!

I usually will start a "novice" at around 35:1 or 40:1 ratio. If they have experience with edibles, around 20:1, and then increase the dosages from there as their metabolism adjusts.

Too much edibles of ANY type are not a good thing! They will get sick and have a bad experience and not want to continue! ;)

So, I can help you back-track some numbers, depending on where you want to be, but if you started him at 25:1 oil to RSO in every #00 cap you'd have just under .04 g (or 40 mg) of cannabinoids which at 80% THC is a 32 mg dose of THC.

I hope that helps and let me know if you still have questions on this! :high-five:

You can "suck" the WARM oil into a standard syringe. If you wait and the oil gets tacky, it just needs to be re-warmed. When you mix with the carrier oil, also rewarm and stir/shake and the two oils will combine.

Thanks! I’ve always decarbed and just mix the two warm. Then, I use a syringe to fill capsules. I know what you mean about too strong.

Thanks! I’ve always decarbed and just mix the two warm. Then, I use a syringe to fill capsules. I know what you mean about too strong.
I should point out that, to get the RSO out of the syringe easy once it's cooled, just heat the syringe with a blow dryer or run it under some warm water. If using water, make sure to dry the syringe completely. Any water in the caps will cause them to dissolve. ;)

Thanks again everyone. I decided I won't give someone something until I try it.....so I tried 2 doses of the oil mixture I made to clean up the pan. I have no idea how much RSO there was, but I mixed in enough oil to make about 40 capsules.

I took the first dose at about 4pm and started feeling really relaxed. Normally my pain levels start kicking in pretty good about 2-3pm. I purposely didn't smoke to see how it reacted to the pain. Within about 45 min, I started to feel a bit relaxed. At the hour mark the pain started to dissipate (though I still think smoking provides me the best relief for the nerve pain in the back.....for comparison I rate the oil at about 65% effective compared to about 90% for smoking). At about an hour and half I felt nice and medicated.

My back was still bothering me a bit from all the moving of the plants earlier in the day and I decided to smoke some BCP at about 8pm. That kicked things up to another level for a bit. Took the 2nd capsule of the RSO/olive oil at about 10:30. About an hour later it hit like a hammer. That second dose kicked things into a highly medicated state. It wasn't over powering or bad to me....but I have a pretty good tolerance.

Now my plan today is to compare what I took yesterday to a few of capsules I made with a small drop of RSO (.11 grams was the smallest drop I could get into a capsule). At least then I will have a good idea if the oil mixture is stronger or weaker than the .11 dose.

I think that the capsules I made yesterday with the mix are doable to start him out and let him work up from there.

I am not going to get too caught up on trying to figure out the actual strength. First, I am not testing the RSO for strength or potency so I don't know what the % is and since I don't know that, there isn't much point in my mind in trying to calculate something you don't know. Without that % number, its hard to calculate how many mgs he will be receiving.

It will be my intention to make the 00 capsules so that he can consume a gram of the RSO in between 3 and 4 capsules once he has worked his dosing up to a point he can tolerate it. I know its not an exact science so I am not overly worried about it. I definitely think capsules with the carrier oil is much easier to deal with than the straight RSO....and any ability to increase the bio availability with the carrier oil and lecithin is a bonus. If it helps make the RSO go further then great!

I put the rosin into a silicon container and place it in my toaster oven (@ 240F) until it stops bubbling (time ranges from 12-20 minutes depending on the rosin and amount). After it’s decarbed, I add it to the olive oil...extra virgin because it’s heart healthy. You’re welcome! :hug:
Great info, thank Gramps!

Ya' know....Before you start making pills that will knock out a horse, let me see if I can help you a little better....

You need to start with how much you want for a DAILY dosage and I would then divide that by three to make a morning, afternoon & evening individual dosage. That way, you keep a constant "onslaught" of cannabinoids in the system working against the cancer.

Rick Simpson suggests 1 gram per day, in which case three of those 330 mg doses per day would, again, be pretty close.

But, people are finding success with much lower dosages of RSO (like 350 mg's per day!) and most people will need to work their way up to that amount.

Since your RSO is probably about 80%-90% THC, even 100 mg of RSO will get you well into the "Medical Dose" territory (which typically starts at 50 mg of THC and you'd be at 80+ mg's!). So, when we're talking doses of 330 mg, or even half of that, we're talking about some VERY strong dosages!

I usually will start a "novice" at around 35:1 or 40:1 ratio. If they have experience with edibles, around 20:1, and then increase the dosages from there as their metabolism adjusts.

Too much edibles of ANY type are not a good thing! They will get sick and have a bad experience and not want to continue! ;)

So, I can help you back-track some numbers, depending on where you want to be, but if you started him at 25:1 oil to RSO in every #00 cap you'd have just under .04 g (or 40 mg) of cannabinoids which at 80% THC is a 32 mg dose of THC.

I hope that helps and let me know if you still have questions on this! :high-five:
No sir, I think I finally have a pretty good handle on this. I am following along with everything that everyone is putting down and I feel like i have enough tools in my tool box to make this work! Again I appreciate everything that everyone is doing to help!

Thanks everyone. Yeah I have a good handle on how to make it. Trying to score some 190 Everclear to make a small batch tomorrow to get him started on.

My biggest issue right now is just quantity of indica buds. I have plenty of Sativa and a shit ton of Sativa in the flower tent (Tangie Ghost Train, Amherst, ATF, DTF) and even a few hybrids (2 Stankberry and a White Widow) but only one indica (Hindu Kush). I need to weigh up what I have for indica buds. See what I have to work with. I know I don't have a pound and even with the Hindu coming up for harvest in the next two weeks, I don't think I have anywhere near a pound. I have more Sativa than I know what to do with honestly.....but thats my preference for smoke.

Downfall is I don't think I can produce the difference between now and when it will be needed. I am toying with a couple thoughts. One is I have a few ounces of that fluffy white widow (generally used for oil or topicals) and even though its not an indica, its a pretty mellow hybrid. The other thought is I could add a couple ounces of the BCP as well. Its an indica dominant hybrid but not indica. I don't have a lot of BCP left....2 jars I think....so maybe 4 ounces. I will need to keep an ounce in reserve for my night time meds but I can use whatever I have left over. Replacing the BCP will be a breeze. I have a clone I can flip any day that should yield me 12+ zips but thats 10 weeks away.

I have the Northern Light clone thats pretty big and ready to flip as well. I have to cut a bunch of clones off her and try to get rooted for a quick turn around. I will use the Malted Barley on them to try to speed up their flower once I get them rooted and going. I figure I can flip the mom in a day or two and she should produce 6+ zips. But again, thats 8 weeks at minimum once I flip.

I am so frustrated with the situation as it sits but I can't change it....only do what I can. I won't get caught with my pants down like this again in the future. Knowing the requirements of RSO now, I will make sure that I am prepared for this situation in the future. This puts a hold on all my seed making plans until I can get the medicine cabinet where it needs to be for family and friends.

This is where I hate plant counts. I know people often ask, why would you need more than 12 plants.....well you don't until you do. This whole situation has shown me that I need to sandbag indica flower and keep a pound in reserve just for such a situation.
I wish I could help any man of my plants you think would help I’d donate to stank cause if I could or can stank ✊

African Meltdown 1.1 Flip Day 55

Starting today off with the African girl. She is chugging along and winding down her time in the tent. We took the mom around 70 days so I figure we have 10-15 days left on her. I might try taking her around 65 to see how the effects are a bit earlier. We gave her a gallon of water this morning. She still seems like she is drinking pretty good but we are starting to get some fading on the leaves. Like her mom, she has been a breeze to grow.....just don't give her top dressings, she's a very light feeder!

DTF #4 Flip Day 55

Gave this girl some water this morning. She seems to be slowing down on her drinking, but she is still throwing a lot of white pistils up top. Her buds are starting to dense up a bit more than I expected with her Sativa nature.

She still isn't an overly strong smelling plant to this point. She is maintaining mostly earthy smells with some traces of fuel. The smells that do come through tell me that she has some potency to her. She continues to frost up nicely and maintain her green healthy leaves up to this point. I keep expecting the leaves to start fading but its not happening. Very pleased with this plant.

Back
Top Bottom