Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

I have no clue. I know he has no funds to throw at anything and neither do we at this point. Great idea to store away for future reference though....thanks Derby!
I use to have a pill container that had an alarm clock on it, and you get set multiple alarms. It was kinda spendy at Walgreens ( $20 ) but you might be able to find one on Amazon cheap. I'll donate mine if I can find it, haven't used it for a while anyway.

Thanks Gramps!

So yesterday was fun. Spend the day dealing with up potting plants to prep for flipping and tending other garden needs. Spent the night with Ms Stank making up about a 3rd of the batch of RSO. Talk about some lessons learned. That stuff is incredibly sticky and a pain in the ass to deal with.

We finished up last night and were a bit frustrated with how the process was. To clean the sticky pan that we used...I decided to rub a little olive oil on it and let it set. After letting it set overnight, I noticed that a bit of the sticky residue was mixed into the oil so I decided to put it on low heat and see what happens. Needless to say, it took all the sticky RSO off that I couldn't get with anything else. I imagine that its a great way to reclaim any small amounts of RSO left behind on toothpicks, spoons, spatulas, or anything else involved in the processing.

The next lesson we learned is that dealing with the RSO is freaking impossible. We didn't have the right droppers to do the capsules so in frustration I just put the RSO in a small glass dish for now. We retired to bed trying to figure out how we were going to accurately try and dose this sappy stuff into the capsules. After the cleanup adventure with the olive oil....I am thinking about mixing the RSO at a 2:1 ratio of olive oil to RSO and blend it together for a consistency that I can put into the capsules. I think that will enable us to use the droppers that we normally use.

My only concern with dealing with this......is if the RSO will mix in evenly with the olive oil so that the medicine in mixed in thoroughly in the mixture. Have any of you ever tried mixing a carrier oil in with the RSO tincture and if so, do you have any tricks or recommendations for this? Am I way off base in thinking that this solution will work and make the act of dosing into capsules much easier and effective for a consistent dose?

Thanks Gramps!

So yesterday was fun. Spend the day dealing with up potting plants to prep for flipping and tending other garden needs. Spent the night with Ms Stank making up about a 3rd of the batch of RSO. Talk about some lessons learned. That stuff is incredibly sticky and a pain in the ass to deal with.

We finished up last night and were a bit frustrated with how the process was. To clean the sticky pan that we used...I decided to rub a little olive oil on it and let it set. After letting it set overnight, I noticed that a bit of the sticky residue was mixed into the oil so I decided to put it on low heat and see what happens. Needless to say, it took all the sticky RSO off that I couldn't get with anything else. I imagine that its a great way to reclaim any small amounts of RSO left behind on toothpicks, spoons, spatulas, or anything else involved in the processing.

The next lesson we learned is that dealing with the RSO is freaking impossible. We didn't have the right droppers to do the capsules so in frustration I just put the RSO in a small glass dish for now. We retired to bed trying to figure out how we were going to accurately try and dose this sappy stuff into the capsules. After the cleanup adventure with the olive oil....I am thinking about mixing the RSO at a 2:1 ratio of olive oil to RSO and blend it together for a consistency that I can put into the capsules. I think that will enable us to use the droppers that we normally use.

My only concern with dealing with this......is if the RSO will mix in evenly with the olive oil so that the medicine in mixed in thoroughly in the mixture. Have any of you ever tried mixing a carrier oil in with the RSO tincture and if so, do you have any tricks or recommendations for this? Am I way off base in thinking that this solution will work and make the act of dosing into capsules much easier and effective for a consistent dose?

I have always though if the SHTFEOW happened that hemp would make some awesome epoxy.

Van one thing I know is that if you mix it with vegetable glycerin, it will mix evenly through the glycerin. I don't have personal experience with olive oil but I suspect it would be a matter of mixing it well, but my concern is that the two would separate over time so you may need to keep stirring as you're dispensing it.

I use oliver for mine. I usually try to get the RSO in a pyrex cup when almost all the everclear is purged. Then cook in a pot of simmering water until all everclear is purged. I keep weighing it constantly on a digital scale until the weight stays the same after cooking for several minutes. Then I figure no more everclear to purge. Now all your RSO will be in your pyrex measuring cup. Now add your olive oil, and a little sunflower lecithin. I usually use about 5-10% sunflower lecithin. Then the rest olive oil for whatever potency you want. Now cook again in simmering water and stir until everything is combined. Put in a bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours, pulling out to stir a few times. Then buy a little capsule holder on Amazon for like 10 bucks and fill some caps. Also keep refrigerated after making.

I haven't done RSO, but if you were going for capsules to begin with (rather than tacking) I would think that adding olive oil would just change the number of capsules/dose.
I am going for ease of administration for him. Having them in capsules so he doesn't have to taste the RSO and for ease of dosing was the main thought. But that tacky stuff just isn't something that can easily be dealt with. Even .33 grams of the RSO in a capsule isn't very much.....so my thought is that as long as I mix the ratio so I know what it is.....I should still be able to dose them out to close to the gram per day dose in 3 capsules, or whatever amount of capsules it will require.

I figure if I have 25 grams of RSO and I mix it with either 25 grams of Olive oil or 50 grams of Olive Oil (whatever it takes to get the mixture to a consistency that I can work with), I can still calculate the dose out so he gets a gram of RSO a day.

I use oliver for mine. I usually try to get the RSO in a pyrex cup when almost all the everclear is purged. Then cook in a pot of simmering water until all everclear is purged. I keep weighing it constantly on a digital scale until the weight stays the same after cooking for several minutes. Then I figure no more everclear to purge. Now all your RSO will be in your pyrex measuring cup. Now add your olive oil, and a little sunflower lecithin. I usually use about 5-10% sunflower lecithin. Then the rest olive oil for whatever potency you want. Now cook again in simmering water and stir until everything is combined. Put in a bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours, pulling out to stir a few times. Then buy a little capsule holder on Amazon for like 10 bucks and fill some caps. Also keep refrigerated after making.
Ok, perfect.....I can make that work.

Do you find a ratio of Olive oil to RSO that you like to work with for easy dosing and consistency?

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to mix the rso concentrate with some oil but maybe that's just CCO...? Seems like the concentrate would be way too strong.
Its supposed to be strong. I licked a little bit off a toothpick last night and I felt it! Slept like a baby. Incredibly potent is a better word!

On his site he just squeezes his dose of the siring and swallows. I tasted the stuff and while its not bad, it leaves a bit of a burning sensation in the mouth from the everclear. Its not bad, but I would rather make it so there isn't anything that would keep him from wanting to take it. Capsules seemed a no brainer. They will still contain the same amount of RSO....I just want something mixed in with it to allow me to fill the capsules LOL.

Ok, perfect.....I can make that work.

Do you find a ratio of Olive oil to RSO that you like to work with for easy dosing and consistency?
Yes, I make 8 caps with 1 gram RSO. Then my wife takes 4 daily for half a gram. The way I read was with olive oil and sunflower lecithin bioavailability is much higher, so not a whole gram is needed daily. Let them come to room temperature before filling in caps otherwise it is too thick.

Ok, good news.....I know @neikodog mentioned that.....but I have to learn in waves. First I learned how the RSO was made. I have learned how not to handle the RSO LOL. And now I am learning how to make it easier to deal with in our situation. And as I continue with this, I will get a better understand of all that he put in that great write up.

With that bit of info....and I completely forgot about using lecithin in the mixture (thank you for that) I might make the capsules with a smaller dose in it in case its too potent. Half a gram a day would be so much better and make this last a lot longer.

Thank you again EVERYONE for your help! Its been a pain in the ass....but man I am learning a ton about this process and how I would do things differently in the future! You guys rock!

Back
Top Bottom