Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

I would highly suggest investing around $100 in a distiller. You will go through a lot of everclear without one. I reclaim about 85-90% of my everclear using the distiller. The proof supposedly goes up using one too because you get rid of the water when it's distilled. I posted my oil making process in my journal. I've tested the oil a couple of times and it's coming back around 77% pure which is about as good as you can do in your home using everclear. You need to know the purity so you can calculate dosage. 1 ml syringe will be 770 mg of cannabinoids. Rick Simpson suggests 1 gram a day to treat cancer, I know that's too high. If you take bioavailability at 30% for tacking to the gum you are only getting about 250 mg of that 770 mg into your system. This is where the bio bomb pills make your oil go much further. Bio bomb pills are 90% bioavailable so your oil will go much further and significantly lower the amount of oil you need. So, if you know the purity of your oil you can accurately dose your cousin. It's been a minute since I've been in the cancer threads but I remember you want to shoot for 300-350 mg per day to battle cancer. You can achieve this dose much faster using Extra Virgin Olive Oil since it allows the cannabinoids to pass through the liver without being converted. The cannabinoids can get to where they are needed without euphoria.

I would highly suggest investing around $100 in a distiller. You will go through a lot of everclear without one. I reclaim about 85-90% of my everclear using the distiller. The proof supposedly goes up using one too because you get rid of the water when it's distilled. I posted my oil making process in my journal. I've tested the oil a couple of times and it's coming back around 77% pure which is about as good as you can do in your home using everclear. You need to know the purity so you can calculate dosage. 1 ml syringe will be 770 mg of cannabinoids. Rick Simpson suggests 1 gram a day to treat cancer, I know that's too high. If you take bioavailability at 30% for tacking to the gum you are only getting about 250 mg of that 770 mg into your system. This is where the bio bomb pills make your oil go much further. Bio bomb pills are 90% bioavailable so your oil will go much further and significantly lower the amount of oil you need. So, if you know the purity of your oil you can accurately dose your cousin. It's been a minute since I've been in the cancer threads but I remember you want to shoot for 300-350 mg per day to battle cancer. You can achieve this dose much faster using Extra Virgin Olive Oil since it allows the cannabinoids to pass through the liver without being converted. The cannabinoids can get to where they are needed without euphoria.
Great post my friend

Thanks Neiko and everyone else that has helped (several of you behind the scenes....krip, blew, otter and a few others).

Scrounged through the cabinets and came up with a pound for making the RSO. We are only making half of the batch today and that was fun! The blend should come out somewhere around 75% indica to 25% sativa. Haven't cooked off the everclear yet, we will do that tomorrow as well as dose them in capsules for him. Spent way too long straining the liquid through coffee filters.

We will definitely be looking into the distiller as well as how to use it (no experience with it) as well as other little tricks we can discover to make this process easier and cheaper. Everclear ain't cheap and you need a LOT to do a full pound batch. Anyways, thank you again to everyone for your assistance! You guys rock!

What about FHO? Does anyone know any advantages of doing the Fresh Harvest Oil? Is it at all an advantage or would it not be good?

Hey Van was catching up and must not have hit reply hard enough on this new phone...

I have read about live resin with BHO before and I think it is probably similar implications. Using fresh and frozen material results in more terpenes being preserved, and others have told me it also preserves a lot of amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids in the end product so it ends up being kind of like a "super food". In my experience doing QWISO with fresh and frozen material, it really does pull a lot more of the plant essence out, but you get less.

If you want to retain the terps you could always use cobs to make oil. They are just about fully decarbed and they retain most of the terpenes. You would have to make quite a few cobs though.

Using a distiller is really easy, you just pour your everclear oil mixture into the machine and there is a large glass coffee pot like container you set under the exit port, plug it in and let it run. It will boil off the everclear then condense it back into the pot. You want to leave about 10-15% of the mixture in the distiller when you shut it off. You then boil off the last 10-15% like you are about to do. I match the volume of the starting mixture with water in another container and pour the water into the coffee pot thing and put a piece of tape on it so I know where to stop the distiller. Pour out the water, set the pot in place and just let it run. I would think the distiller would pay for itself in a batch or 2 of oil if you are making a pound at a time.

Stank, just want to mention again that the most effective way to get the most out of your meds is by suppository and caps will be a major PITA, pun intended, ha. A small, 3ml, syringe will work great. I get it caps are easy to take but if taking orally is the preferred method, why not just have oil in a jar and take a spoonful or a syringe. Filling that many caps is gonna get old real quick. I did it once.....once, ha. Luckily the boss doesn't like the caps so keeps her oil in a jar.

Stank, just want to mention again that the most effective way to get the most out of your meds is by suppository and caps will be a major PITA, pun intended, ha. A small, 3ml, syringe will work great. I get it caps are easy to take but if taking orally is the preferred method, why not just have oil in a jar and take a spoonful or a syringe. Filling that many caps is gonna get old real quick. I did it once.....once, ha. Luckily the boss doesn't like the caps so keeps her oil in a jar.
I understand that brother.....but I also know the situation that my cousin is in and I don't think we are going to be shooting for the best, we are just shooting for the easiest administration method possible for him in a form that we can start administering to him ASAP. His living situation is less than ideal and I am not sure how much help he will have day in and day out. Doing it this way allows us to just start him on some form of treatment and get the meds going into his body as well as provide him with some form of relief (his pain levels have been very high according to him). We can look into better after we get him started and find the time to research those other options. We just feel its best to go with the absolute easiest method for now and improve as we go. Gotta have a baseline.

Also after talking with his daughter on the phone (who only gets to see him twice a week), something with a visual queue is something she recommends. Being able to have a daily med tray with three capsules on it labeled morning, afternoon, evening (or something to that nature)is the absolute easiest way for HIM to know if he needs to take a dose. Honestly all this revolves around the fact we have to keep this as simple as possible. Add in the fact that tumor has spiked with a vengeance and seems to really be effecting his memory and we feel we need to make this is simple as we possible can. Might be different if his living situation was different and better.

something with a visual queue
Thinking on this...what about getting a large (desk size) calendar and stapling each days meds in a little baggie to it? Kind of like an Advent Calendar? Put it on the fridge so he can't miss it?

Thinking on this...what about getting a large (desk size) calendar and stapling each days meds in a little baggie to it? Kind of like an Advent Calendar? Put it on the fridge so he can't miss it?
I think that will be a good start.....but I want to make it even harder to screw up than that....reason being I can see him taking a dose, falling asleep for a short period and waking up and not remembering if he took his dose or not and then taking another. He is a recovering alcoholic and has real strong compulsive steaks we are going to have to deal with and I am not so sure how good he is at following what I take to consider to be very simple directions. "Hmmm....he said take 1....fuck it I am going to take three"

I know I can't account for an unstable patient, but I want to try to have it set up so if I woke up confused and wasn't sure...how would it be easy for him to tell which of his daily doses he has taken and when he's supposed to take the next one. I like the idea of the calendar or equivalent....just want to fool proof it as much as possible for my cousin.

I don’t disagree @weenmeoff ! the price is steep! But it’d be a pretty simple equation to determine if it’s worth it..... if van did a 1lb batch already he’ll know how long it took to accomplish it.... if he can do everything in one spot and recoup 98% of his everclear in 3hours (provided the manufacturers data is correct)... seems like a win-win to me in a short period of time, especially when doing it consistently.....

I’m pretty high though. So none of that might make any sense :lot-o-toke:

I don’t disagree @weenmeoff ! the price is steep! But it’d be a pretty simple equation to determine if it’s worth it..... if van did a 1lb batch already he’ll know how long it took to accomplish it.... if he can do everything in one spot and recoup 98% of his everclear in 3hours (provided the manufacturers data is correct)... seems like a win-win to me in a short period of time, especially when doing it consistently.....

I’m pretty high though. So none of that might make any sense :lot-o-toke:

The 500 one is for personal small batches so I think he'd need the 2000 one. If making lots of oil, it'll probably be worth it. So yeah you made sense!:rofl:

:passitleft:

The 500 one is for personal small batches so I think he'd need the 2000 one. If making lots of oil, it'll probably be worth it. So yeah you made sense!:rofl:

:slide::rofl:

I don’t know how much oil a lb would produce so again, more math haha... but at 3capsules a day, that’s a fair amount of oil... I think lol

Back
Top Bottom