Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Morning Yeti, hope your having a great weekend brother. Thanks for the kind words on the Harley's.....Ms Stanks keeping em nice and low. Curious to see how they react to the topping.

Thats one of the cool things about the perpetual....I get to see new strains constantly and how differently or similar they grow and how they react to different things. Man I love growing this plant!

Thanks Penny! Its all her with the Harley's......she nailing it on her first go around.

I hope you two have a great weekend as well bud! It is really nice getting to see how different strains grow and react to certain things. I typically have indica leaning plants growing that do not stretch so much. So when I put something into flower and it doubles or triples in size it almost catches me off guard :laughtwo: I really need to do a better job training my plants but it has been hard to stay on top of it. With starting regular seeds I try not to train or top until they show sex as I have read that these things can induce stress that can lead to a higher percentage of males. I also kinda like to grow them out naturally now to see what they will do on their first round. My Slurricane and my purple Punch S1 stretched way more than I expected. I had to super crop my PP S1like 8 inches down from the top to keep it out of the lights :laughtwo:

I hope you two have a great weekend as well bud! It is really nice getting to see how different strains grow and react to certain things. I typically have indica leaning plants growing that do not stretch so much. So when I put something into flower and it doubles or triples in size it almost catches me off guard :laughtwo: I really need to do a better job training my plants but it has been hard to stay on top of it. With starting regular seeds I try not to train or top until they show sex as I have read that these things can induce stress that can lead to a higher percentage of males. I also kinda like to grow them out naturally now to see what they will do on their first round. My Slurricane and my purple Punch S1 stretched way more than I expected. I had to super crop my PP S1like 8 inches down from the top to keep it out of the lights :laughtwo:

I really like the training side of growing.....the manipulation of the plant and getting it do what you want it to do. I have to force myself into letting them go natural if thats what I want because I always want to do something different and see what it does.

I do think its wise to grow a strain out naturally to see how its inclined to grow if you plan on doing a bit of growing with that strain. If I am just growing one for the max flower, I will train for max return.

Wish I could get some help on the garden. Lopin comes home and says she helped burp the jars. She opens them to refill hers to take home with her. Thanks for the help

Not sure I would classify that as help Derby LOL!

Uh oh poppa not happy.. ..
I'm good. Lopin needs to keep her head in her studies. I'm trying to get ms derby more interested now that she has been diagnosed with RA also. She likes her cookies and brownies but can't get her to get on this site. She does try take care of things when I'm out of town

Harlequin Veg Day 23

Saving the best for last tonight with Ms Stanks two girls (hopefully). They are continuing to show their appreciation for the bigger pots. Ms Stank did some minor defoliation on them and she took her first step in training with her first two toppings. It was cute to see her pout as she was about to cut the tops off. I had to chuckle because I know that feeling. Now I just chop em off without batting an eye....but I can certainly appreciate her struggle.

Still watering her with the ACT drinks when they get thirsty. Going to start pushing the waterings a bit to get those roots to really stretch.....probably right up to the point of the onset of wilting. I want the roots as strong and healthy as I can get them before the next transplants. Will be doing this to all of the plants this go around. Its a little different than I did the previous grow but I am curious to see how the growth responds to it. Time will tell.

Here they are before their hair cut!

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_1.JPG

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_2.JPG

Harlequin #1

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_3.JPG

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_4.JPG

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_5.JPG

Harlequin #2

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_6.JPG

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_7.JPG

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_8.JPG

And here they are after Ms Stank chopped em up!

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_9.JPG

021618_Harlequin_Veg_Day_23_10.JPG

We're off for the night....enjoy your evening!

Every time I pass those Harley's I just trip. So chunky and stout. Absolutely awesome.

Light Update

Decided to stop putting off what I know needed to be done. With the site down yesterday, we decided it was time to pick up the new light I have been eyeballing for the last 8 months.

Its the Fluence Spydrx Plus. It draws between 660 and 670 watts from the wall according to sources. All credible yield reports have this light consistently pulling 2-3 pounds per 4x4 and up to 2.2 grams per watt. I am just hoping to increase my yields up to 4 ounces + per plant to start with.

Did a test run with her earlier tonight without the carbon filter on to see what the heat is like in the tent. She will get hot without the filter and fan running for sure! Temps registered about 91. Running it now with the humidifier and plants in there with the light on and fan/filter running.

I also ordered a dimmer switch from Fluence. Takes about two weeks supposedly....but I definitely don't need the full power of this thing all the time. Will reduce the intensity for sure until I am using it for flowering. All I have to say about this light is HOLY SHIT, its FREAKING BRIGHT. Glasses are no longer optional....they are needed to go into the tent. Here she is!!

Sick! I love Fluence lights. Congratulations bud!

I am excited Gramps. Its funny, its the light my brother recommended me when I told him I was going to first get into growing. "nah" I say, "I don't need anything that fancy or expensive". What a fool I was LOL. Would have been tough to swallow the price tag without knowing for sure if growing was for me.....and I didn't know I would still be fighting with my back and need as much meds as I do for it.

Its all about the journey, not getting to the destination right!!

Back
Top Bottom