Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Congrats on new light Van. Can already see impact on your plants. Started as spin off from Illumitex. Good technology. Think comparable to my Mega.....so doubt you'll ever need to go to 12"...lol. :Namaste:

Thanks BL, I am very happy with it so far. The coverage is phenomenal and penetration is going to be great I can already tell. The plants seem to be in a bit of a shock right now, but they will snap out of it.

My choice on lights boiled down to this and the Mega, i don't think anyone can go wrong with either light.

Sunrise sunset feature would be sweet.. heard its good for them to get to sleep and wake up easier. How would you like to open your eyes to a bright ass light in the morning hehe. I love the dimmer on my qb!

Thats what I hear too, but I tend to be very skeptically optimistic about those types of claims. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to try it for sure! Its like grown up christmas....getting to play with a new toy and all its options!

Ditto

Well will on all when I swap out one driver.....

Love the bright lights, QB rock and think Vans light is fantastic as well

Thanks guys! Definitely a lot of similarities in the lights. We are all going to grow some phenomenal plants!

My boards are too intense and want too cook my plants! I had to back them all down a bit lol
Mine sit about 24” above my plants with well over 1500 ppfd directly under the boards, 800-1000 ppfd on the edges of the plants.
I have mine 24" away and turned all the way up too.. thanks for sharing the ppfd info. Very helpful as always pw! :Namaste:
My plants seem to be wishing I could get the light even further away. Gonna measure how far away they are tomorrow when the light comes back on. Still gotta play around with the distance.....try to find the sweet spot.

I have mine 24" away and turned all the way up too.. thanks for sharing the ppfd info. Very helpful as always pw! :Namaste:
Mine sit about 24” above my plants with well over 1500 ppfd directly under the boards, 800-1000 ppfd on the edges of the plants.

Mine are as high up in the tent as I can get them! Some plants are probably close to 3 feet away while other are within 12 inches. I have had plants react adversely to them From at least 2 feet away on up. I thought at first it was low night temps causing my soil life to slow down but then realized it seemed more like light stress due to them going from T5s to these lights. I have 12 304 boards in my 4x8 with an HLG 240 2100s running 3 boards each.

Thanks guys! Definitely a lot of similarities in the lights. We are all going to grow some phenomenal plants!

My plants seem to be wishing I could get the light even further away. Gonna measure how far away they are tomorrow when the light comes back on. Still gotta play around with the distance.....try to find the sweet spot.
Mine are as high up in the tent as I can get them! Some plants are probably close to 3 feet away while other are within 12 inches. I have had plants react adversely to them From at least 2 feet away on up. I thought at first it was low night temps causing my soil life to slow down but then realized it seemed more like light stress due to them going from T5s to these lights. I have 12 304 boards in my 4x8 with an HLG 240 2100s running 3 boards each.

Same driver's I just got Yeti, needed the 2100s

Mine sit about 6-12" depending on location. So far they all seem to love the light, even the older ACDC and Carnival

12" seems a great starting height then lower a bit

Same driver's I just got Yeti, needed the 2100s

Mine sit about 6-12" depending on location. So far they all seem to love the light, even the older ACDC and Carnival

12" seems a great starting height then lower a bit
I think the issue is going from T5s to these lights and the plants just not being used to that much light being on them. I had never had plants do what this last round did when it came to frying leaves like this. I still had some awesome yields and my buds have never been denser!

I think the issue is going from T5s to these lights and the plants just not being used to that much light being on them. I had never had plants do what this last round did when it came to frying leaves like this. I still had some awesome yields and my buds have never been denser!

I went from HPS to these but will have some from T5 to QB in a week or two

Maybe start the light Higher or Dimmed down

Well lets see, the Stankberry plants have definitely bounced back and look very happy today. I gave them some ACT last night. The Blue Dream looks extremely happy as does Ms Stank's Harlequins. Even Nukehead #1 is looking extremely happy. The only one that doesn't seem to be doing well is the Nukehead #2.

I have a feeling I had it in the smaller pots a bit too long and they used up most all of the stuff in the soil. I am hoping another day or two post transplant/up-potting and I will see a recovery made from her. Going to hit her with a bit of ACT today with a little bit of Cal Mag in it. If that doesn't get her looking a bit happier, I will give her some fish emulsion fert on her following watering. I think its more of a soil issue than light.

Hi van and ms stank! Things are going good eh? Even a male! I hear more stank genetics on the way... woohooooo

Have a great sunday
Hey NS, thanks for swinging by brother! We will definitely do something with the Harlequin male! We don't have anything in mind yet.....but will make more Harlequin seeds for sure if nothing else.

#2 is the one that has been growing like crazy. Its #1 that was slow all grow.....but she is loving the new light and growing like crazy now under the new light.

So where does that leave us.....all the plants are in the same soil under the same light. All the plants except Nukehead #2 are happy and doing well. Here is a pic from the 21st (the first day under the new light). #2 started looking ragged the following day. If you look, you can see the lower growth is a bit lighter and I was worried that the plant had used most of its nutes. When it didn't respond greatly to some ACT, my suspicions were in over drive and it led me to look at the roots and thats when I saw she needed to be up potted. I was hoping to see a little quicker recovery once I got them into the 7 gallon pot.

I will post some new pics of the Nuke on the nuke thread today. You can see how sad #2 looks and how good #1 looks compared to how slow it was growing before.

No she is still droopy. And the lower growth is still yellowing a bit. I expected a day or so for it start popping back up but today is day 3 post up-potting. Still lots of moisture in the soil so I can't water or give her anything else for another day or two.....thinking maybe tomorrow might give her a bit of a foliar spray with my ACT after defoliating her. Really I have a feeling that she was stressed from being in the small pot a bit too long and then she is also a bit stressed from the light. Separately I don't think either would have been bad (The Stankberry plants showed a bit of droopiness the first two days but look happy today) but the two stresses together have her throwing a bit of a temper tantrum.

She will get straightened out here soon. I know the soil is good and I know the light and environment is good. Just gotta get the plant happy again!

Caught up finally, plants are looking gooood, way better than mine. I think I screwed up my seedling mix. What's is stanks soil btw? Is that a secret recipe!? My plants on day 13 are about halfway as "caught up" as yours....kinda bummed about that ! Will be following along if you don't mind!

Back
Top Bottom