Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Hoping you find a long term solution that doesn’t break the bank.
Thanks brother.....It's gonna cost a pretty penny no matter what.....but peace of mind when it comes to the plants will be worth it.

You said u have someone coming to look at the reason it's flooding??
We have had a couple different companies out to look and give us quotes. We have the last one coming out this week. We knew we had water issues.....just didn't know to what degree. Without getting this addressed, growing long term in the basement isn't realistic.

I have to do some landscaping this spring to help eliminate potential water issues. But the reality is that we need French drains in the basement along with a good sump pump. The water table is just too high when we get lots of precipitation.

That just sucks. Wish I was closer to help a brother out. Glad to here things have slowed considerably. Get some rest while you can.
Thanks brother......RH is going in the right direction.....its dropped 2% since last night :slide:

That's essentially what we are looking at having done. Once that work is done, we can start getting the grow room built inside the basement. No point in trying to build the grow room until I can protect it from the moisture issue!

Can you direct some of this wind into the bulk head to help dry it out while it’s here and nice out? Like a giant constant fan
Not a bad idea if it's windy tomorrow. I still have a little water coming in from a couple spots but it's slow enough that I can hit it with the wet vac every hour or two and keep it from spreading too much. Guess I am down to about 3 gallons an hour instead of 40+ gallons an hour.

Glad it stopped for you Van. I had the same issue here. My fix was french drains out back. Gutters out front and side, and a sump pump in the basement. I cut a blue 55 gal barrel in half and used it after making a bunch of holes. The inside french drains sound like a better insurance policy.
That's exactly why we are going with this option. I just don't like the price tag associated with this lol.

Wow....what a weekend! Glad this shits over for now!

Got the plants moved back down into the downstairs tent. RH dropped about 5% from last night to this morning.

All the water entry points have receeded and everything is drying out....have the big box fans blowing. Will start spraying all the walls and floors with vinegar to prevent any mold from coming back.

We have a shit ton of wet towels I need to get washed....but can't do that until the drier gets delivered tomorrow. I can't wait....hate not being able to do laundry.

Gotta get rolling on these harvests ASAP. was planning on starting the Hindu last night....but that didn't happen. Think I will start it tomorrow. Gotta get some more wood cut before this next wave of snow coming in tomorrow.

I'll take cut wood over Harvest any day of the week and twice on Sunday
Great for the core...solid for the Corps. No argument there. I hate trimming too, but wood chopping is for young bones. I’d roll that Hindu and watch you all day long though. Just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom