Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

1606826341411.png

Here is the Golden Tiger i grew she was a hot mess. Hit her with too much nutes one day and she dropped most of her fans the next day. Oops. Some great smoke. Great for the daytime.

Yeah, congrats on that Sour Cherries - such a great training job with her. :thumb: Now maybe it will be safe to enter one of my plants for December. :laughtwo:

1606826341411.png

Here is the Golden Tiger i grew she was a hot mess. Hit her with too much nutes one day and she dropped most of her fans the next day. Oops. Some great smoke. Great for the daytime.
Hey Kis.....wild looking lady you got there.

Mine did something similar, it just literally fried and burned every fan leaf on it.....which is odd cause I don't really use nutes. I'm guessing my soil might have been a bit hot. I have learned enough on the equatorial sativas that I will run them in used soil going forward and top dress only if needed.

Congrats on the PotM!:woohoo:
Thanks BooWho!! Very thrilled for this one. A lot went into that plant to get her into that shape and to not need any restraints to hold that shape. It was all done with daily bending and twisting and lots of pruning. That plant had a LOT of man hours that went into her.
Yeah, congrats on that Sour Cherries - such a great training job with her. :thumb: Now maybe it will be safe to enter one of my plants for December. :laughtwo:
LOL, thanks Beez. I am definitely proud that her. A lot of time went into staring at her on the deck and trying to figure out how to make her look like I wanted. Outdoor plants are a different gig altogether!! Such different challenges. There were a few times in some of the storms that came through that I didn't think she would be standing. The storms snapped, bent or twisted all the other outdoor girls pretty good.....but the Sour Cherries took it all without blinking.
Congrats on PotM Van
Thank you Penny!! Appreciate it brother!! :thanks:

Congrants on another amazing plant & win!

I'm looking forward to tasting the Sour Cherries come Mid Jan-Feb after curing.
Get you some of it fresh brother....its one of my favorite strains to smoke as soon as she is dried. I don't wait on her. One of the few strains I think is better tasting fresh.

The indoor sour cherries probably has a better smell and taste than the outdoor.....but the effect on the outdoor are heads and shoulders better. So long lasting. :Rasta: And euphoric !!!:yahoo:

Get you some of it fresh brother....its one of my favorite strains to smoke as soon as she is dried. I don't wait on her. One of the few strains I think is better tasting fresh.

The indoor sour cherries probably has a better smell and taste than the outdoor.....but the effect on the outdoor are heads and shoulders better. So long lasting. :Rasta: And euphoric !!!:yahoo:

Will do! I have 2 cuttings in week 3 off of her. Sour Cherries will live on for more harvests. :)

Highya VS,

Congratulations on your Plant of the Month win! Love those Sour Cherries ladies! A fitting reward for all the man hours you put into her! Happy Smokin'

Congrats on another great POTM Van, but we both know it's the reappearance of the guitar that swung the votes your way. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:bravo:
:thanks: LOL, I couldn't help but think it might have brought a bit of luck. I accidentally left the guitar outside for two day leaning against the deck post after taking that pic. :oops:
Highya VS,

Congratulations on your Plant of the Month win! Love those Sour Cherries ladies! A fitting reward for all the man hours you put into her! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! :thanks: Appreciate it brother!

Ok, so quick update today. Spent most of the day spraying again. Well specifically rinsing today. Yesterday was the water, defoliate, and spray day. Things are starting to really look good in the tents. I only saw aphids on two of the plants. Bad news is they were both on flower plants, and in separate tents. I think I may swap plants so both are in the same tent.

For anyone curious, this was my first go around with aphids. I am pretty positive I got them from bringing in the outdoor harvest into the basement to hang and dry. I saw a few of them as my harvest buddy and I were hanging them and I mentioned "Bet this will come back and bite me in the ass".

Honestly battling them is a pain, but more so because I didn't know how to fight them. Sure you can read about it on the ol' interweb but its not the same as having the experience dealing with them. I think I have gotten this down to a pretty good routine and its finally showing on the plants. Here's a few hints and things I have learned as I have battled them.

1. Lots of leaves are not good if you have aphids.....prune the shit out of your plants.
2. Light is your friend. Find a flashlight and go to dark corner with your plant and shine the flashlight on the underside of any of your remaining leaves (See step 1). Any aphids (or spider mites should you have those) will show through as a dot when you shine the light. Either clean the infested leaf or see step 1. :cheesygrinsmiley:
3. Spray on a regular basis and don't forget to rinse. So, I do sulfur burns as a preventative measure against hemp russet mites, PM, and spider mites. Doesn't help against aphids in my opinion. Sulfur burns don't do well with some sprays so be careful when spraying. Anything with oils in it, like Neem, don't do will with sulfur burns. For that reason I spray with two different sprays. The best one for aphids that I have found is Safers Soap (in the premixed spray bottle....jury is still out on the concentrated mix that you mix and spray on your own). If you spray with safers on Monday, you will want to spray with water to rinse anything off the leaves before spraying again, I prefer doing the rinse the following day. You can add silica to the water as an extra layer of protection. Then I spray with Captain Jacks Dead Bug on Wednesday and rinse with water on Thursday. That will cover the plant for the week not counting waterings.
4. Look for stragglers on the stems. Once you get used to spotting them, its really easy. Adhering to step 1 makes steps 2, 3, and 4 much easier.

Once you no longer see pest signs, continue this cycle for at least one more week and don't forget to clean your tents. My issues with the two plants showing aphids are because they were plants I didn't get to at the end of the days I was working on each tent. So they skipped a full weeks cycle and its showing. Its a ton of work when you are running more than a few plants, but having learned the process and seen the process work I am comfortable to say I think I can handle any future outbreaks relatively easy. The key is being alert and knowing what to look for. As soon as you any of the signs (and they are there once you know what to look for), start on the above listed steps. Don't forget to clean the tent!!!

During my spraying, I did manage to take a few pics.

Gelato (Fem) - Black Skull Seeds - Flower Day 13

MOB (Clone) - Maine Electric Stoner Cut - Flower Day 13

Back
Top Bottom