Stoner's Kerala First DWC Grow

So yea i did a test on my tap water, mixed some based nutes with it, and guess what? PH goes right to 6.2 exact! lol, so the problem was my purified water all along, and i expect that to also fix the little issue on the leaves, hence tap water has those minerals no? Since i discovered what the problem was i went ahead and did a res change today, instead of waiting for tomorrow. 700ppm (1.4ec) Only have aqua flores A+B and cannazym in the solution, no more need for voodoo juice i guess..waiting on the booster, should be here anyday now, Here are some pics
DAY 11 of flower
IMG_23333.jpg
IMG_57133.jpg
IMG_85541.jpg

By the way i gave it a good defoliation after the pics, forgot to snap a shot :/, anyway i removed a lot of damaged leaves, and damaged leaves that were blocking the new growth from the light. ;)

Waddup guys this is DAY 13 of flower

Its 19" tall, 2 feet wide ;)
IMG_038120.jpg

Was wondering if should remove some of the undergrowth, if so whens the best time to do it? Also should i just keep on removing the old big fan leaves that are blocking the new growth from light? I did a little defol 2 days ago, but i still see alot more leaves that are damaged, and blocking the new light, that could be removed, i just dont wanna be over doing it though.
IMG_35052.jpg

Any suggestions or comments are welcomed :)

Sup guys so the other day i was reading this article by Bassman about defoliation, thought it was real interesting, a lot of good tips there, heres the link;
Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

So i decided myself to do a good defoliation, opened up the canopy real good, and decided to tie down my tallest tops, since i was running out of space, and also to let the other tops catch up. Pics were taken yesterday, i think its looking good, and i think ill benefit from this ;)

DAY 14 of flower
IMG_75812.jpg
IMG_27479.jpg

Hi Stoner2b, your plants are looking great. :thumb:
In my opinion the best time to clean up the bottom of the plant is at 21 days into flower after stretch is done, Bassmans defol method is at 21 days into flower also if I remember correctly. I'm sure doing it 2 weeks into flower instead of 3 is fine but you might want to give it another little cleanup at 21 days and then let her go till the end. In Bassmans method he does another defol at 45 days of flower but its all up to you.
Good luck with the rest of flower. I'll be watching. ;)

Hey stealth thx for dropping by, good to kno ur watching. Yea i decided to strip it a little, a week ahead of time because i was actually runnin out of space upwards, so with this it will prob slow down the stretch, i also bent down some tops slightly, made it about 4" lower, and it will still probably grow to the max my tent can hold, as far as height goes, with in the next week since its sativa dominant, ill get sum more pics soon ;)

i defoliate heavily, im with bass on this one. But its strain dependent and u must time it right in flower, 2 weeks is a little early as the plant is still transitioning and u dont want to shock it too much during this time. patients! prob have another defol in 2 or 3 weeks and then let it go from there. dont keep picking every bit off here and there. This technique works best in dwc, rdwc and aero just because of the speed of recovery, it works in coco and rockwool but tu need to be a little less aggressive and allo the plant time to recover. i wouldnt bother defoling too much in soil as it takes so long to recover. Def increases yield in dwc.

Ill prob defoliate later too, what have u found that works the best for u? Do u defoliate a lot?

I agree with Cultivator. I defoliated at day 20 of flower then pretty much let it go til the end. I did do a little more at day 45 of flower but just a few leaves that were specifically blocking light to bud sites. I'm definitely a big believer in the day 21 defol, day 45 defol is really up to you, and how things are progressing with the plant. ;)
Good luck.

Thanks guys for the tips on defoliation, i was concerned about how much spaced i had left to go up, i also bent my tallest tops to let the lower ones catch up, also another attemp to avoid height issues. I will start adding booster tonite, things are looking quite good. Lil update for you guys, pics were taken yesterday, as of today is
DAY 17 flower

2A894129-2295-4F3A-A2A8-6DACD5BB4000.jpg
E1146115-20AF-46E8-86B1-D837D4B0B62C.jpg

Sorry bout the side ways pic, any comments are welcomed ;)

Sup guys, got a question.. My ph went from 5.7 to 6.5 in a matter of a day, ppms also dropped from 650 to 500 that day, samething had happened the previous night..my question is, why the ph fluctuation in such a short time? Maybe cause their drinking more nutes than water? And if so will it be like this from this time on? Any comments on that is appreciated ;) idk if i should be worried, i dont like adding too much ph down, i like things stable ;)

Also i want you guys suggestion on, what if i added my 135w LED full spec light next to my 400hps light, and still kept the desired temperatures, u think this would be a good idea? Maybe that extra wattage will help my yield or density of things? ;)

@ cult, thx mate thats what i did, and like i said my tent is so small there is only 1 way i can add that extra light to it.. Ill do it later on tonite when im home and post u guys a pic to see what u guys think

@ cherry, unfortunately mate i had to discontinue the hesi products and i had to buy a diff set of nutes, but i would like to see the results ur getting from it.. What type of setup u have? Sorry im at work using my phone, i will look later

Day 21 is right around the corner, how much of the under growth should i remove? I was thinking each and every branch thats pretty much not receiving any light, therefor "under growth" lol, correct me if im wrong plz ;)

Back
Top Bottom