Strawberry Cough? Yes Please! LOS Grown

she is a nice healthy girl stone those buds are thriving very pretty plant most of my plants aren't pretty like yours good job man! :)
Same, but my buds are nice. Leafs are another story. We had a major mite battle for the majority of the grow.

I found this on Skunk mag's site. The Rev who wrote the book I'm learning from wrote this about combatting insects naturally with Dill.

Outdoors, in the Ground or in Containers—Dill Weed
LINK: Dill Weed:

Here’s a great tip man, and so easy as pie, Dill Weed baybee! Simply have some Dill Weed plants near your cannabis plants outside, like within 20 feet or so works best, but even as far as 40 feet away still works well in my experience. Dill Weed is a hard-core survivalist plant my friends, and they don’t really need much (if any) care other than occasional watering. You can see these plants growing along highways commonly, and doing fine on their own. Poor quality soil? No problem for Dill.

Insects called Hoverflies luvs them some Dill Weed plants, and they spend most of their time hovering around them feeding from the flowers of the Dill Weed. Pregnant Hoverflies early in the season will lay eggs on nearby vegetation—like your cannabis plants—and these eggs hatch into some bad ass carnivore larva that can’t fly yet. They will eat pretty much anything they find, Spider Mites, White Flies, Aphids, moth eggs, and baby caterpillars are on the menu. Great piece of advice here, use it.

I wonder if a dill plant indoors would alter the flavor or smell of the buds? I'd rather try to use insect deterring plants in the grow if that would work.

Good morning. Today makes the beginning of week 4 of flower. A third done here! I see buds growing at the same rate or a little better than her mom. There's a lot more of them. This week I saw f gnats lighten up and fruit flies seemingly go away. She looks like she's turning to fall colors on top mostly going light. A few lower leaves are getting their yellow on, not many. So far so good this week. Buds are growing nicely and her scent is just divine. Starting to frost up some too. Here she is.

Looking good - loving those pistils!

Sorry about the gnats. I'm sure you have already gone down this road, but have you tried a product called gnat nix? It likes a bit like perlite. I have had good luck with it, in conjunction with the yellow sticky papers. I think I catch mainly fruit flies, but I am happy to catch whatever bugs I can during an indoor grow!

Would you mind sharing a detail pic of the crossbars you have rigged up in your tent? I seen folks use PVC pipes with clamp, but it looks like you have a different method of attaching the horizontal bars to your tent supports? Looks like a nice solution.

Looking good - loving those pistils!

Sorry about the gnats. I'm sure you have already gone down this road, but have you tried a product called gnat nix? It likes a bit like perlite. I have had good luck with it, in conjunction with the yellow sticky papers. I think I catch mainly fruit flies, but I am happy to catch whatever bugs I can during an indoor grow!

Would you mind sharing a detail pic of the crossbars you have rigged up in your tent? I seen folks use PVC pipes with clamp, but it looks like you have a different method of attaching the horizontal bars to your tent supports? Looks like a nice solution.
I have used the Nix. I like it but I'm trying this method and it's working so far. The bars are handy. I make them with half inch pipe hangers from a plumbing supply house and discarded tent poles cut to size. The poles slide over the hanger ends. The second is the one to find. It doesn't have a screw to wear on the tent.

I have used the Nix. I like it but I'm trying this method and it's working so far. The bars are handy. I make them with half inch pipe hangers from a plumbing supply house and discarded tent poles cut to size. The poles slide over the hanger ends. The second is the one to find. It doesn't have a screw to wear on the tent.

Thanks for sharing this - very clever set up!

Hey brother, hope you are doing well! Your strawberry is looking amazing :yahoo: So so so many flowers in there and she's looking so healthy. Congrats on your new Mars setup, i'm so stoked for you! What are you planning on growing in it?

Hey brother, hope you are doing well! Your strawberry is looking amazing :yahoo: So so so many flowers in there and she's looking so healthy. Congrats on your new Mars setup, i'm so stoked for you! What are you planning on growing in it?
Since you asked. I got the prizes yesterday so I got busy and took down my 2 x 4 and constructed my new Mars Hydro 3 x3 tent with it's awesome tsw 2000 light. First I'll get some Stank genetics and maybe some others going for the 4 x 4. Then I'll fill the new tent with either DDA's or Green crack auto's or a mix of both. That's on my mind now anyhow.The 4 x 4 will be a medicine grow mostly indica leaning or something Van suggested for pain. You know I'm fickle and change things on a whim but I'm leaning on that. Here's the new tent and light. I love this place!

I have stated in the past.....the thing we can control the most is the light and I feel its the most important aspect of the grow. We can't always control our temps or RH (we have to grow where we have to grow be it a basement or cabinet or outdoors) and are kind of a slave to those things....but we can control the quality of light. The better light you give the girls, the more they will thank you. A great environment with shitty lights is only going to get you so far. The lights (assuming your environment is decent) will take your grows to a whole different level.

Back
Top Bottom